Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Finalhosting] ☆ SSD VPS starting at €1,20/month ☆ KVM ☆ Free DDoS protection ☆ Europe ☆
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Finalhosting] ☆ SSD VPS starting at €1,20/month ☆ KVM ☆ Free DDoS protection ☆ Europe ☆

jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
edited June 2019 in Offers

Hello everybody,

We offer DDoS protection free now on every VPS package. Do not forget to enabled it at the order page!

In this thread I will update our current pricing and features that are available for you today.

I will first start with our promotions:

20%LOW - 20% recurring discount for monthly billing
30%LOW - 30% discount for maximal 3 months
40%LOW - 40% recurring discount for yearly billing.

You can use those codes on every VPS package: Our product page

Pleace notice IF you are living in the EU and don't have a valid VAT number, you will pay VAT. The percentage depends on the country in which you live.

What makes us special?

• KVM Virtualisation
  • Solid State Storage
  • Free DDoS protection option
  • Hosted in The Netherlands
  • In-house development
  • Free snapshot
  • Livechat support

Cloud Server Starter

• 512MB RAM
  • 1 vCPU core
  • 10GB SSD storage
  • Unlimited Bandwidth (FUP)
  • 50Mbit Uplink
  • 1 IPv4 address
  • Linux-only

Discounted prices:
20%LOW -> €1,60 per month
30%LOW -> €1,40 per month (max 3 months)
40%LOW -> €1,20 per month / €14,40 per year

Order here

Cloud Server Starter+

• 1024MB RAM
  • 1 vCPU core
  • 30GB SSD storage
  • 100Mbit Uplink
  • 1 IPv4 address
  • Linux & Windows

Discounted prices:
20%LOW -> €3,20 per month
30%LOW -> €2,80 per month (max 3 months)
40%LOW -> €2,40 per month / €28,80 per year

Order here

Cloud Server Business

• 2048MB RAM
  • 2 vCPU core
  • 60GB SSD storage
  • 100Mbit Uplink
  • 1 IPv4 address
  • Linux & Windows

Discounted prices:
20%LOW -> €6.40 per month
30%LOW -> €5,60 per month (max 3 months)
40%LOW -> €4,80 per month / €57,60 per year

Order here

Cloud Server Trial

• 2048MB RAM
  • 2 vCPU core
  • 50GB SSD storage
  • 150GB Bandwidth
  • 50Mbit Uplink
  • 1 IPv4 address
  • Linux & Windows

Do you want to try our VPS servers first? No problem! You can test a VPS for free (3 days).

Order here

Please notice that we will check your order manually in this case. We do not allow you to use a VPN, provide fake data or use a free email service such as 10-minute mail, when ordering a free trial server.

If you believe that we have wrongly rejected your order, let us know by creating a ticket!

Operation systems

We also allow you to upload your own ISO via our control panel and install it via the VNC console.

Customer control panel

We have created a very comprehensive control panel for our customers, listed below are the most important features:

• Uploading your own ISO
  • Mount/unmount an ISO
  • Change boot order
  • Change network adapter
  • Create & restore a backup
  • VNC
  • Reinstall
  • Reset password
  • Start, stop, reboot
  • Create and remove firewall rules for DDoS protected IPv4 addresses.

Your sexy customer control panel:

DDoS protection

We offer DDoS protection as an option for free on every VPS. We use the DDoS protection of OVH.com routing our OVH IPv4 addresses using a GRE tunnel to our servers.
More info you can find HERE

Keep in mind that if you choose this option, the latency will be increased by 10-20ms. Depending on your location and ISP.

Managing your server

We were tired of using SolusVM, Virtualizor etc. Because none of them worked perfectly for us. So we build our own panel based on the Libvirt API. We call it: YourVM. Now we have a stable virtualisation panel that is built to our wishes.

For those who wonder: We're thinking about selling the panel under license in the future.

Our admin panel:

Small FAQ

How far does your support go?
Our technical support is here to keep your VPS online. They will not install or configure your webserver or application. Those VPS servers are not managed.

Where are the servers located?
Our servers are located in the Global-E datacenter in Rijen, The Netherlands.

Do you allow spam or other illegal activity?
We do not! If we find out, we will suspend your server without refund.

Can I install via my own ISO?
Yes you can upload your own ISO via the control panel and install it via the VNC console.

How can I add/remove firewall rules?
If you ordered the DDoS protection option, you will see a button "firewall" behind your IP in the control panel. Click on this and you can setup your firewall rules.

Do you offer livechat support?
Yes we do between local business hours.

Payment methods

Local payment options

• iDeal
  • ING Home'pay
  • Bankcontact
  • Belfius betaalknop
  • KBC/CBC
  • Pay by phone
  • Achteraf betalen

Other payment options

• Paypal
  • Paysafecard
  • Mybank
  • Przelewy24
  • Bitcoin
  • SEPA recurring
  • SEPA transfer
  • Sofort Banking

Business information

Customer panel: https://clients.finalhosting.nl

KvK number (Dutch business registration): 54033721
VAT number: NL226260471B01

Mail: [email protected]
Create a ticket: Here
Phone number: +31 85 10 52 790

Test IP: 185.114.225.210
Test IP (DDoS protected): 151.80.54.188

Hope to see you soon!

Comments

• jordynegen11 said: 50Mbit Uplink

The #1 reason I am turned off from purchasing your service is this arbitrary limitation of the link vs providing a set amount of bandwidth on 1Gbit. I get that this helps you not have to track bandwidth and helps to prevent abusers at the low price point (read: makes your work easier) but for a lot of applications, including websites, if I get a large influx of people at once I don't want things loading at 10kb/sec.

Granted, again, I understand you offer different tiers of service and do raise the limit in the larger packages, however, it just isn't the same as picking up a similar priced server from one of your competitors where they provide 1-10Gbit connectivity out of the box for the same price, with a reasonable bandwidth quota.

This isn't a dig at you, so don't take it that way, its more so giving feedback as to why some people may be passing over your offer.

That said, there may be more people that prefer the 'unlimited' nature of it than I know of, so I could even be in the minority here.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 3Ouji jordynegen11 Octet
  • jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited June 2019

@TheLinuxBug said:

jordynegen11 said: 50Mbit Uplink

The #1 reason I am turned off from purchasing your service is this arbitrary limitation of the link vs providing a set amount of bandwidth on 1Gbit. I get that this helps you not have to track bandwidth and helps to prevent abusers at the low price point (read: makes your work easier) but for a lot of applications, including websites, if I get a large influx of people at once I don't want things loading at 10kb/sec.

Granted, again, I understand you offer different tiers of service and do raise the limit in the larger packages, however, it just isn't the same as picking up a similar priced server from one of your competitors where they provide 1-10Gbit connectivity out of the box for the same price, with a reasonable bandwidth quota.

This isn't a dig at you, so don't take it that way, its more so giving feedback as to why some people may be passing over your offer.

That said, there may be more people that prefer the 'unlimited' nature of it than I know of, so I could even be in the minority here.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Our cheapest package has indeed a 50mbit limit. This is so we can make it cheaper.
    Bandwidth in The Netherlands is not free. if we would offer 1gbps unlimited on a package of 2 euros, we lose some serious money.

I agree, we are not the cheapest and we don't wanna be. We try to do better on quality and service and are not prize fighters.

of course, It is your own choice to choose a hosting company that meets your requirements.

Personally I don't think you want to host a high traffic website on a VPS plan of 2 euro? :open_mouth:

Anyways, we are planning to offer 1Gb/s in a couple of weeks. So stay tuned :smile:

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • @jordynegen11 said:
    Personally I don't think you want to host a high traffic website on a VPS plan of 2 euro? :open_mouth:

Welcome to LET! Were most folks certainly will do so.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Nobody is asking for unlimited. People want metered bandwidth on a fast port.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@TheLinuxBug

I get your point but I disagree.Yes, "1 Gb/s port with x [G|T]B traffic" sounds better - but is usually, uhm, creative wording. Nodes have NIC limits, often 2 x 1 Gb/s and hence no matter how one turns it the VMs are seriously limited (often to even considerably less than 50 Mb/s on average).

Actually I like @jordynegen11's x Mb/s limit and statement because it clearly tell me what I have available rather than making me guess how much of the oh so nicely sounding "1 Gb/s" I really have available.

Another (imo) important point is a bit of realism. One can run a lot over a 50 or 100
    Mb/s pipe. From what I see, the vast majority of VPSs rarely get even close to that limit (even without using a (CDN).50 Mb/s are about 30.000 MTU sized packets/s and usually the software reaches the limit before BW does (there is only so much a VPS with 1 core, 512 MB mem. and disk IO shared between dozens of VMs can do in a second ...).

TL;DR "50 (or 100) Mb/s sounds like shockingly low but actually is not for typical low to mid end VPSs, plus it gives you a concrete number to work with rather than guessing (and playing lottery) what you real BW is at any given moment. Most of us simply have unrealistic views due to marketing ("our nodes have dual 10 Gb/s links").

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

jsg said: Nodes have NIC limits, often 2 x 1 Gb/s and hence no matter how one turns it the VMs are seriously limited (often to even considerably less than 50 Mb/s on average).

That's objectively false. Even a full node with tens of VMs usually doesn't do full gigabit of traffic 24/7. You would be surprised that many customers are doing under 10Mbps average.

You'll start to hate the limited speed once you attempt to do simple mundane operations like yum update.

Hard limiting to a certain speed is, in my opinion, useless. With that said, there is no guarantee that 50Mbps will be available. Everything is oversold to a certain degree in the networking world. Be it the node port, switch uplinks, router capacity, upstream capacity, capacity of their upstreams, capacity of peering links...

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • Dicks.

My 2 cents.

Cheers!

@FHR said:

jsg said: Nodes have NIC limits, often 2 x 1 Gb/s and hence no matter how one turns it the VMs are seriously limited (often to even considerably less than 50 Mb/s on average).

That's objectively false. Even a full node with tens of VMs usually doesn't do full gigabit of traffic 24/7. You would be surprised that many customers are doing under 10Mbps average.

>

Uhm, you actually confirm what I said ("realism"). As for "objectively false": nodes do have physical limits. a 1 Gb/s NIC has a limit of 1 Gb/s.

Fun fact: I have both types of VPS and it's usually the "1 Gb/s connectivity" ones that are sometimes bloody slow. On my finalhosting VPS (and some others with a realistic limit) I don't get super speed but neither do I get lousy crouching speed.

You'll start to hate the limited speed once you attempt to do simple mundane operations like yum update.

Probably depends on ones expectations. Yours as a provider with fat upstream pipes are probably considerably higher than mine. 50 or 100 Mb/s is about the same as what higher end residential lines offer and I don't consider that slow.

Hard limiting to a certain speed is, in my opinion, useless.

Well, different people have different views. I told mine and you told yours.

With that said, there is no guarantee that 50Mbps will be available. Everything is oversold to a certain degree in the networking world. Be it the node port, switch uplinks, router capacity, upstream capacity, capacity of their upstreams, capacity of peering links...

Sure, I fully agree. But still there is a significant difference between, oh, well, putting 48 (instead of 40) VPS on a node with 2 x 1 Gb/s NICs and promising 50Mb/s to each - vs - putting 60 VMs on that node ("it'll average out ...") and telling customers about "1 Gb/s fair share".

The former is some kind of commitment. Yes, maybe it's just 40 Mb/s in a bad moment but still, we are in the ballpark. The latter however is basically nothing tangible; it's simply marketing lingo making the customer believe that 1 Gb/s is somehow reasonable to expect. Well, it is not.

Thanked by 3FHR RossG skorous
  • @FHR said:
    Nobody is asking for unlimited. People want metered bandwidth on a fast port.

Fully agree.

• Should have a system with 50mbit guaranteed and upto 1gbps normally.

• noamannoaman Member

@TheRealDeal said:
    Should have a system with 50mbit guaranteed and upto 1gbps normally.

Yes...that would be great :smile:

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

@noaman said:

@TheRealDeal said:

and you pay for it? Do you know the price a provider pays to deliver and guarantee 50 mbit/s (Transit/peering, router, switches and so on)? If you want guaranteed bandwith there are enough providers (pretty sure finalhosting as well) that can do it, but not for let prices.

• noamannoaman Member

@FR_Michael said:

@noaman said:

@TheRealDeal said:

and you pay for it? Do you know the price a provider pays to deliver and guarantee 50 mbit/s (Transit/peering, router, switches and so on)? If you want guaranteed bandwith there are enough providers (pretty sure finalhosting as well) that can do it, but not for let prices.

Actually for me

system with 50mbit guaranteed with speed bursting even with a 100GB limited bandwidth would be fine considering personal VPN...

In a nutshell when ever I connect to a VPN i must have 50Mbps

But i guess this kinds of usage depends person to person scenario to scenarios

But i do get your point is 50Mbit/sec (24/7) dedicated is expensive

@FR_Michael said:

Yes, that's right.

Probably some people are mistaken and think we're talking about some edit fields in a providers panel. Nope. It's more complicated.

"1 Gb/s fair share" typically means that the providers throws a bunch of VM on a node and at best sets some VM parameters. In this case one must understand two things, (a) a providers parameters don't trump physics, and (b) to check and limit the bandwith of all VMs is costly, even when done with mediocre granularity.
    There are better ways, typically involving a switch or a firewall which ideally are on hardware of their own - but those ways, while technically more reasonable and capable, are costly too both in resources and in money.

And in this game granularity is the decisive factor because it translates to stability of limits, but it also translates to costs (see above). That's why I'm generous on a low end VPS and accept the x bandwith +- 20% or even 30% (e.g. 40 instead of 50 Mb/s). I do that because it's feasible (also financially) for the provider.

What I do not expect in this market segment is both at the same time, acceptable limits/"guaranteed" bw -and- "but unlimited in case there free bw resources on my node". Reason: That's an entirely different game and a much more complicated one (technically). Yes, it can be done but then we are e.g. not talking 3000$ switches but 15000$ ones. That's simply an unreasonable expectation.

TL;DR in the low end segment you have to pick one. Either the "you have a given bw" and not much less but neither much more -or- "you get whatever happens to be available. Maybe 300 Kb/s, maybe 300 Mb/s at any given moment" and if you're lucky you are on a civilized node and have much less variation.

• ThyTeThyTe Member

After all, do you recommend or not?

I'm thinking of taking lodging from Sao Paulo.

• Discount codes are expired. New promotion on June 19th.