Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Petition: Give @TeamACC the Moderator role back! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Petition: Give @TeamACC the Moderator role back!

2»

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2019

@Amitz said:
    Nobody wants that. I was Moderator for some time, so I know. It's not about the role, it's about the reason why he lost it. @teamacc did great things for the community, not only that transparency report. He does not deserve to get kicked out like a dog by some Fab-O-Zi who blows dick during work time.

He can still resign on is own afterwards, but he deserves better treatment.

Of course, I did not questioned what he did for LET.
    But what does it change?

LET will stay, with CC, since they use it to advertise their bullshit.
    They wont drop it, it brings them money in.

Nothing prevents this from happening again.
    Their will be always these conflicts, over and over again.

Maybe they give it back to him, but for how long?

• williewillie Member

Vpsboard was doing pretty well until it upgraded its software to a newer shinier bloatier crappier version, plus its admin (cripes I've forgotten his name) became unable to spend as much time on it and for whatever reason didn't get other people to manage it. So it pretty much died. I resisted joining LET until Vpsboard was pretty much dead. But, whatever new mistakes any new forum might make, at least it should be possible to avoid repeating some of the old mistakes.

Yeah I don't have that much of a sense of hostballs. I look there sometime but the software annoys me too much.

Take a look at https://lite.cnn.io if you want to see the current news crisply. That's all the web design anyone needs. It's much better than the regular bloaty CNN site.

• @willie said:
    Take a look at https://lite.cnn.io if you want to see the current news crisply. That's all the web design anyone needs. It's much better than the regular bloaty CNN site.

This is amazing. Thank you for that.

• defaultdefault Veteran

I am not a fan of Discourse either, I don't know why they chose it for HostBalls, but maybe it's all about taste and what admins like. Personally, I am a fan of old school simple forum software like phpBB or SMF.

Overall... I still think teamacc should get the moderator role back.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • EHRAEHRA Member

willie said: Yes, I prefer a fast and bloat-free forum. Discourse is slow and bloaty, and the dark Hostballs theme is hard for me to read.

By your words I understand that you like sites with a more simplistic design. I understand your point of view. I like the Discourse, it has interesting features. The negative of Discourse is that it consumes more resources than MyBB or phpBB. I like dark themes, so I think the current theme of HostBalls is cool and I like the community being created there.

Amitz said: but he deserves better treatment.

I understand that he has contributed (and continues to contribute) a great deal. But I see no impediment to him continuing to do so as a member. Being a LET moderator is just working for free for CC, no moderator will change the CC modus operandi.

Thanked by 2maverickp angstrom
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2019

Personally, I dislike Discourse. It's over engineered.

But that's not a reason big enough to prevent me from visiting Balls-harvesting-hosting forum.

Thanked by 2hostdare default
  • LeeLee Veteran

AnthonySmith said: VPSboard was born from a significant conflict and created a divide

Not really, Curtis aka Manndude happened to own the domain and hoped for a more lightly moderated alternative to WHT and a less emotive one than LET so gave VPSBoard a go. It didn't take off, then the great hack of LET in what 2013 meant nobody had anywhere to go so everyone joined VPSBoard, mostly to discuss the great hack of LET. Everyone vowed never to return to LET after that, but they did.

Everyone said they would never return when it was found out Chief sold out and CC was the owner, but they did. Hostballs was another alternative, but discourse and well people in the main don't want what was created there.

and so on and on the issues with LET go but everyone puts up with it.

The fact is that they know people will stay for the drama and to a lesser extent useful discussion but mainly the unsustainable offers.

@teamacc like all of us who have been moderators know it's a CC shit show and they are only interested in free help whilst they get all the real benefit.

He won't get the role back and I doubt he wants it back, I can bet there have been messages sent by members off the back of this asking to replace him as moderator.

Bottom line, they are not interested, there is a constant supply of posts and offers that will keep people here whilst they continue to ignore threads like this.

Thanked by 1default
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited June 2019

Amitz said: Fab-O-Zi who blows dick during work time

Maybe some of his colleagues would call him Fab-Blows-eh instead?

[small]/disclaimer (just a pun, don't know the guy)[/small]

• @willie said:
    Hahaha several mods and an admin quit when CC unbanned Hostnamaste. And now you not only want mods to work for this CC site but have the other members pay their salary (effectively donating money as well as time and pageviews to CC)? If we want to move to another site we should just do it. vpsboard collapsed when they switched to shitty software and hostballs didn't catch on possibly because its software was shitty to begin with, but both those errors are avoidable.

^ this. While HostBalls isn’t as popular as LET, I still find it far more welcoming and friendly than here.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2019

@doghouch said:

@willie said:
    Hahaha several mods and an admin quit when CC unbanned Hostnamaste. And now you not only want mods to work for this CC site but have the other members pay their salary (effectively donating money as well as time and pageviews to CC)? If we want to move to another site we should just do it. vpsboard collapsed when they switched to shitty software and hostballs didn't catch on possibly because its software was shitty to begin with, but both those errors are avoidable.

^ this. While HostBalls isn’t as popular as LET, I still find it far more welcoming and friendly than here.

Personally, I believe there is something unique to both, LET and Hostballs. LET and its' members have grown to be a part of me (for the better or worse) while Hostballs and its very small but awesome community has made it possible for me to address some topics/issues I wouldn't imagine to strive here on LET. It's like with a good fridge: Usually, you won't just have one wine/beer stored, but different ones.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • defaultdefault Veteran

Plot twist: CC offers the moderator role to teamacc, but he actively refuses it.

Edit: wait, this is the actual plot, without any twist.

• ehabehab Member

after this thread i don't think teamacc will take the mod role again.

i have a feeling one day this forum will be closed and we most join the balls site.

life goes on.

• We go in balls deep 😂

Thanked by 1default
  • I am actually working on a reply to all of this. However, since it is longer than Richard Stallman's beard it might take a while.

Thanked by 2jsg skorous
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@teamacc said:
    I am actually working on a reply to all of this. However, since it is longer than Richard Stallman's beard it might take a while.

Don't worry, we got time.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Yura said:
    Did you ask @teamacc if he wants it?

Yes, that question shouldn't be forgotten. Now that @teamacc has hinted that he's working on a statement, let's just wait for that.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • Plot twist, ex mod gets provider tag

• donlidonli Member

@Ympker said:

while Hostballs and its very small but awesome community has made it possible for me to address some topics/issues I wouldn't imagine to strive here on LET.

Yes, LET isn't very furry-accepting.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@donli said:

@Ympker said:

while Hostballs and its very small but awesome community has made it possible for me to address some topics/issues I wouldn't imagine to strive here on LET.

Yes, LET isn't very furry-accepting.

As a wise man used to say: The end is nigh.