Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is the speed limit of the websites ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which is the speed limit of the websites ?

I mean my website based on wordpress is charging in 450ms and is really fast but wordpress is not the very best way to achieve a great speeds . Which is your speed and which is the limit that you have achieved ? I have seen some results of 44ms or 110ms but i guess ¨not real websites¨ or may be I am wrong . ( could be )

Comments

• ehabehab Member
    edited June 2019

@uptime recommends you push the button

• deankdeank Member, Troll

2 seconds.

or 2,000ms.

• ehabehab Member

@deank @deank @deank

this is also good

• ChievoChievo Member

@SirFoxy said:

7?

• @Chievo said:

@SirFoxy said:

7?

yes

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited June 2019

For Wordpress or anything else non-static, a front-end cache would be the easiest performance gain, alongside optimising images, # requests, minification, content-encoding, proper caching headers, if-modified-since... there's dozens of ways to squeeze performance.

Probably the quickest serve-able page would be pre-encoded into gzip and friends, on http, load balanced to the nearest location of the user using an event based web server.

If it were to simply serve one page, then craft the server to basically just spit out the page, only caring about the content-encoding header in the request in case you can send a smaller version.

In the end, if you can saturate the amount of traffic your hardware was able to send, you've achieved the holy grail and can proceed to universe 2.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • lazytlazyt Member

Thanked by 2Falzo bikegremlin
  • donlidonli Member

Website is fast my man.

Thanked by 2datanoise uptime
  • About tree-fiddy.

• quickquick Member

My wordpress wildin tho

• @quick said:
    My wordpress wildin tho

tell wordpress to throw it back 4 me

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited June 2019

Chievo said: I have seen some results of 44ms or 110ms but i guess ¨not real websites¨ or may be I am wrong . ( could be )

44 or 110 ms it totally doable with WP if you serve a static page (full page caching) with the right webserver, not too far from your visitor. Remember: you have to take latency into account. TLS negociation as well if you use it.

@ricardo's answer contain almost everything you need to know. I guess I can to back to the beach.

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

360 mph

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • HostUpHostUp Member, Host Rep

@Chievo said:
    I mean my website based on wordpress is charging in 450ms and is really fast but wordpress is not the very best way to achieve a great speeds . Which is your speed and which is the limit that you have achieved ? I have seen some results of 44ms or 110ms but i guess ¨not real websites¨ or may be I am wrong . ( could be )

400ms here without 3rd party livechat

• The speed of light in vacuum potassium.

• potassium? more like assium.

• ActavusActavus Member
    edited June 2019

Generally you want your website to run at about an optimal 0.06ms per second.
    For each page load per hour your customers should optimally see it load very fast as their monitors response times is about 10ms+.

Should all else fail and your website still loads slow,
    you may want to download ram into your server so it can make more use of your processor's hyperthread. Usually you'll aim for 8 hyperthreads so each one can accept 10ms worth of customers for each page load.

When it still doesn't get the speed your going for configure your wordpress to install the wordpress ping optimizer so customers can ping your server. The faster they ping the faster your server can pong.

Hopefully this non factual information helps you with some of the non-real websites out there, as not all websites exist with such great powered speed demand.

• Static (html) website pages load in 200 to 400 even when hosted on very poor performing shared hosting account.

With WordPress, even on decent shared hosting, I regard anything below 1 second to be fast (0.5 s is very good).

For visitors, the optimal page load speed would be around 2 seconds. A lot faster, or a lot slower than that is less good.

However, since you can never guess what visitor's Internet connection quality would be and since slower is a lot worse than "too fast", it's best to aim for the fastest page load you can achieve. With page loads over 3 seconds considered to introduce a risk of visitors leaving the website "too soon" (before you can sell them anything).

Thanked by 1uptime
  • You are asking for an unladen website? Is it an African or European website?

You have to know these things when you're webmaster, you know.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • classyclassy Member

Why are you all talking about 200 - 400 ms for a static page? It's not that hard to serve a static page in 1ms not taking into account network latency. 25 ms including network latency is totally doable if your server is close to your website visitors.

• TionTion Member

Depends on your websites size and the location of the website and visitor. You won't get sub ~100ms from NA to Europe and even worse from Asia due to lightspeed being slow.

• chrispchrisp Member

classy said: 25 ms including network latency is totally doable if your server is close to your website visitors.

I think people here are just keeping it real. 25ms is a very theoretical value with DNS to be resolved, assuming there is more than a 5kb html file to deliver (js, css, img, fonts, ..) and your network latency rather being 50ms+ when not using a cdn.

This is what I would consider quite a normal page (found that randomly looking for people, who built their page with Hugo): https://www.kencochrane.net/2016/11/20/i-rebuilt-my-blog-with-hugo-and-moved-to-netlify/
    Pingdom is saying it takes 469ms to load with DNS alone being ~30ms
    200-400ms would be a really really good value to load a page, that does not look like Google in 1999