Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fliphost | Important Announcement - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fliphost | Important Announcement

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2013

At first sight - sad news, at full read - a little bit less sad.

EDIT after some sleep: Good luck to you guys.

• Will you continue to post offers at the same prices?

• @hico said:
    ya, good reasons not to pay yearly.
    Please let us know when the IP and hardware changes to go through in LA.

Fliphost was on rented IPs. With or without us, they would have to change things in the near future. Fliphost was going to apply for their own IPs @ ARIN. By policy, they have return their rented allocation.

Hardware changes will mostly be upgrades.

• @jcaleb said:
    Will you continue to post offers at the same prices?

http://lowendbox.com/blog/fliphost-7month-2gb-ssd-kvm-vps-in-los-angeles/ are we referring to these? They'll still be happening. Looking to push out these same offers in Dallas since a lot of Los Angeles customers are now looking for a Dallas equivalent.

@FtpIt_Radi said:
    At first sight - sad news, at full read - a little bit less sad.

Cheer up! How can we help? :)

• @concerto49 i meant as a whole, fliphost offers have great prices. but yes, thanks for referring to the 2GB KVM. Would be very interested with that in the near future

• @jcaleb said:
    concerto49 i meant as a whole, fliphost offers have great prices. but yes, thanks for referring to the 2GB KVM. Would be very interested with that in the near future

Crazy promotional offers like 1TB VPS are less likely to reappear in the short time. Other mostly sustainable offers shouldn't be a problem.

• What's happening with this industry lately, so many acquisitions.

Thanked by 2Infinity mpkossen
  • Congrats @concerto49, I know these guys have a good setup so will do equally good job :)

• c0yc0y Member

@concerto49 said:
    Cheer up! How can we help? :)

Don't worry, he always has to comment something stupid

• @rds100 said:
    What's happening with this industry lately, so many acquisitions.

I've got more coming after Fliphost and Versatile IT :)

@INIZ said:
    Congrats concerto49, I know these guys have a good setup so will do equally good job :)

Thanks. You're doing great too. Any interest in Dallas colocation? :p

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2013

so the second IP change? .....

Just keep everthing where it is.... baaaaah

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Infinity580 As we are moving to owned IP space it should remain where it is for a long time.

• After do the transfer,we will use Cloud Shards' service?

@woochun Fliphost will remain a separate brand. Will mainly specialize in SSD servers and high storage HDD.

• @woochun said:
    After do the transfer,we will use Cloud Shards' service?

Fliphost is still Fliphost. The end result will be Fliphost + Cloud Shards.

• MunMun Member

@Fliphost said:
    Mun any specific reason Mun? If it is about quality I can assure you we are making sure the process goes as smoothly as possible.

Many people here buy a VPS from a provider because of the people running it. Since you sold the company you will have less control, and I'm guessing will soon be leaving. As such I'll be leaving.

Mun

@Mun I am in for the long haul. No intentions on leaving.

• @Mun said:
    Many people here buy a VPS from a provider because of the people running it. Since you sold the company you will have less control, and I'm guessing will soon be leaving. As such I'll be leaving.

Alex has full control. He will have more control due to the extra features we can enable. He won't be leaving. He still owns Fliphost.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@rds100 said:
    What's happening with this industry lately, so many acquisitions.

My thoughts exactly.

• @Rockster said:
    What do we know about Cloud Shards?

I've had services with them, no complaints.

Thanked by 1Rockster
  • Mun said: Since you sold the company you will have less control

If you boycotted every business when they were sold, you'd have no where to shop for anything. It's a normal and not-unusual part of being a business.

• MunMun Member

How can a company be acquired, yet still owned by the previous party?

I have never had good luck after a company has been bought up by another company.

Mun

@Mun

I have never had good luck after a company has been bought up by another company.

Then I intend to change that

• @Mun said:
    How can a company be acquired, yet still owned by the previous party?

Mun

Because Alex now also has ownership in Query Foundry, LLC.

It works well since Alex and I are on separate timezones. Increased support hours.

• Mun said: How can a company be acquired, yet still owned by the previous party?

Uhh, never heard of mergers? Granted equal shares did not happen here, but Alex is still very much in control of most if not all Fliphost things.

Relayed from Harry (@concerto49).

• Congrats to both of you and the bright future to the parent and its other sister companies :) ....

• MunMun Member

@Wintereise said:

That is when you use the word merger instead. It wasn't stated that way in the post or email.

Mun

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Except it doesn't look like a proper merger from what has been disclosed. I'd only apply and use that term on mergers that end with a company on equal shares.

Regardless, Alex appears to have clarified multiple times about the situation, so we should probably stop beating the dead horse already.

• As long as service and current accounts stay at the level they are now, or improve in the future... Looks like win --

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2013

@Fliphost said:
    Infinity580 As we are moving to owned IP space it should remain where it is for a long time.

You said this also before when the first ip change happend...