Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice Needed - Storage VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Advice Needed - Storage VPS

lowfrontlowfront Member

I have a very low CPU powered VPS. 1G of RAM. 1TB of Storage Space. Invoice is due at 40 EURO a year. Is there any better deals out there? I'm debating on keeping it just for the future as I'm not seeing storage prices go down.

Comments

• uptimeuptime Member

Is there any better deals out there?

At the moment, I don't know ... maybe? Depends on what you mean by "better" ... Bottom line for storage is - if it's not reliable for long term, then it's not better - even if it's cheaper.

So if you're happy with your current provider in terms of reliability (and network to your preferred locations) then I'd say service priced at less than €3.5 per TB per month seems like a pretty good deal. I'd be inclined to keep it.

That said - I'd expect that in about 6 months (Black Friday / Cyber Monday) there are almost sure to be deals on storage from reliable providers such as HostHatch, AlphaVPS.bg, UltraVPS.eu, InceptionHosting, CrownCloud and others. I would not be surprised to see some of these deals (ie, from HostHatch) with promotional pricing closer to $3 per TB per month if paid annually. (On the other hand, wouldn't be too shocked if prices are a bit higher.)

HostHatch may at some point before Black Friday offer more storage deals in Chicago - I wouldn't hold my breath, but might keep an eye out for that if US location would work for you. (They have previously offered promotional pricing at $4 per TB if paid quarterly, and even lower pricing for 3 TB with annual payment, monthly payment possible for 5 TB and up)

Right now, you can get block storage from BuyVM in Las Vegas for $5 per TB per month - plus whatever VPS you get to go with it (starts at $2 per month)

Same pricing for block storage from LetBox in Los Angeles - I'm not sure about pricing for the VPS to go with that. I have read @key900 mention possibility of bringing up storage in Virginia at very attractive pricing but that may be some time out - you can check the LetBox discord channel for news about that.

There is also (still available I think) HostSolutions special offer for LET for storage in Romania with good pricing - but on OVZ6, with a level of service that's perhaps best described as an acquired taste. It seems to work quite well for some people, others might be vexed by limited ability to upgrade software and so on - so you'll have to make up your own mind as to whether - all things considered - it is actually suitable for your particular needs. Pricing for that deal is well under €3 per TB oer month paid annually.

• @uptime this was the most helpful answer I have ever received on a forum. Thank you so much for the time you put into it.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member

:)

• http://www.lowendstorage.win/

I think your current deal is good. I got a 50 off Time4VPS storage OpenVZ for similar price.

Thanked by 1lowfront
  • @JerryHou thanks for the link haven't seen this!

• imokimok Member

https://speedykvm.com (Incero, Dallas)

1 vCPU / 1.6GB RAM / 1TB RAID60 / 10TB @ 4Gbps for $144/3y. That will be $4 if paid monthly.

Works great for me.

• @lowfront said:
    I have a very low CPU powered VPS. 1G of RAM. 1TB of Storage Space. Invoice is due at 40 EURO a year. Is there any better deals out there? I'm debating on keeping it just for the future as I'm not seeing storage prices go down.

NO vps like big storage.you'd better to pick up dedicated server.

• @geek2009 said:

@lowfront said:

NO vps like big storage.you'd better to pick up dedicated server.

This. Go check out hetzner's server bidding and pick a box, its contents will help you on your way.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @imok said:
    https://speedykvm.com (Incero, Dallas)

1 vCPU / 1.6GB RAM / 1TB RAID60 / 10TB @ 4Gbps for $144/3y. That will be $4 if paid monthly.

Works great for me.

Ooh. I completely forgot SpeedyKVM is now worth re-visiting , with the new non PMS management.

Thanked by 2uptime imok
  • @uptime said:

At the moment, I don't know ... maybe? Depends on what you mean by "better" ... Bottom line for storage is - if it's not reliable for long term, then it's not better - even if it's cheaper.

So if you're happy with your current provider in terms of reliability (and network to your preferred locations) then I'd say service priced at less than €3.5 per TB per month seems like a pretty good deal. I'd be inclined to keep it.

That said - I'd expect that in about 6 months (Black Friday / Cyber Monday) there are almost sure to be deals on storage from reliable providers such as HostHatch, AlphaVPS.bg, UltraVPS.eu, InceptionHosting, CrownCloud and others. I would not be surprised to see some of these deals (ie, from HostHatch) with promotional pricing closer to $3 per TB per month if paid annually. (On the other hand, wouldn't be too shocked if prices are a bit higher.)

HostHatch may at some point before Black Friday offer more storage deals in Chicago - I wouldn't hold my breath, but might keep an eye out for that if US location would work for you. (They have previously offered promotional pricing at $4 per TB if paid quarterly, and even lower pricing for 3 TB with annual payment, monthly payment possible for 5 TB and up)

Right now, you can get block storage from BuyVM in Las Vegas for $5 per TB per month - plus whatever VPS you get to go with it (starts at $2 per month)

Same pricing for block storage from LetBox in Los Angeles - I'm not sure about pricing for the VPS to go with that. I have read @key900 mention possibility of bringing up storage in Virginia at very attractive pricing but that may be some time out - you can check the LetBox discord channel for news about that.

There is also (still available I think) HostSolutions special offer for LET for storage in Romania with good pricing - but on OVZ6, with a level of service that's perhaps best described as an acquired taste. It seems to work quite well for some people, others might be vexed by limited ability to upgrade software and so on - so you'll have to make up your own mind as to whether - all things considered - it is actually suitable for your particular needs. Pricing for that deal is well under €3 per TB oer month paid annually.

Letbox isn't $5/mo /1TB. Regular price is $15/mo. The best promo was $60/year for 1 TB, but that promo is over.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

@TimboJones said:

@uptime said:

Letbox isn't $5/mo /1TB. Regular price is $15/mo. The best promo was $60/year for 1 TB, but that promo is over.

Hello,

We was have NVMe + Block Storage 1tb for like $6.7 per month and good price for year. What is available now is 20GB NVMe + 512GB Block Storage for $5 per month / $50 per year

Available in Dallas and Los Angeles

Los Angeles
    https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=68

Dallas
    https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=69

Thanks

Thanked by 1uptime
  • key900 said: $50 per year

LA is $50. Dallas shows as $60. Just in case that's an accident.