Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hong Kong Dedicated CN2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hong Kong Dedicated CN2

sohemsohem Member
edited June 2019 in Requests

Hi,

Wondering if you guys know any reasonable pricing provider for following;

1) Hong Kong Dedicated Server with optimized network to China
2) Unmetered preferable but if there is limit maybe 30TB bandwidth
3) With above i'm planning to install Virtualizor and run 15VPS-30 Linux VPS per server
4) Each VPS has their own IP

*I did tried some HK VPS, seems not all are working smoothly as some not able to access certain platform/sites in china which i find sort of strange.

Currently running 60 ish VPS server and wish to run Dedicated and manage myself which probably lowering monthly costing?

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

CN2 and reasonable pricing doesn’t fit in one sentence unless oversold to the limit

• Alpharacks (alpharacks)

• sohemsohem Member

@Clouvider said:
    CN2 and reasonable pricing doesn’t fit in one sentence unless oversold to the limit

Haha, well at least a reasonable price enough. some cost a bomb

@dahartigan said:
    Alpharacks (alpharacks)

I did read somewhere, seems recently having issues in responding/sla?

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • OMGOMG Member

@Clouvider said:

Approval

• @sohem said:
    Hi,

1) Hong Kong Dedicated Server with CN2 (optimized to China)
    3) With above i'm planning to install Virtualizor and run 15VPS-30 Linux VPS per server

What specs you want? you have to show up your exact request.then other providers will help you out.

• sohemsohem Member

@geek2009 said:

@sohem said:
    Hi,

1) Hong Kong Dedicated Server with CN2 (optimized to China)

What specs you want? you have to show up your exact request.then other providers will help you out.

Well, I'm still new to Dedicated so would like you guys to give me a recommendation based on the usage.

-Hosting 25-30 VPS on Linux OS.
    -Average port speed cap maybe 10Mbps each VPS

• Cn2 is crazy expensive, like 50 to 100 USD per mbit

• sohemsohem Member

@teamacc said:
    Cn2 is crazy expensive, like 50 to 100 USD per mbit

seriously didnt know about that, let me amend first post a little.

• 10Mbps each VPS? you are crazy.Bandwidth in HongKong is very expensive.generally speaking, most dedicated servers in HongKong only have dedicated 10M bandwidth and no limit on transfer data.
    Thanks.

• sohemsohem Member

@geek2009 said:
    10Mbps each VPS? you are crazy.Bandwidth in HongKong is very expensive.generally speaking, most dedicated servers in HongKong only have dedicated 10M bandwidth and no limit on transfer data.
    Thanks.

does it sound logical if i make it server with 30/50M shared among the VPS?

• Do 10M shared. Unless you got plenty of $ for bandwidth and charge a crazy amount as well. $75/mbit means you're looking at $2250 just for 30mbit bandwidth, without the server costs, or $3750 for 50Mbit. Again - thats all without server cost

• @sohem said:

@geek2009 said:
    10Mbps each VPS? you are crazy.Bandwidth in HongKong is very expensive.generally speaking, most dedicated servers in HongKong only have dedicated 10M bandwidth and no limit on transfer data.
    Thanks.

why? you'd better choose dedicated bandwidth 10M among the VPS. Because 30/50 shared is lower than 10 dedicated.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@teamacc said:

More! $100-$150 more like. Unless you're PCCW and buying 100G.. then maybe $50.. maybe...

@sohem said:

@teamacc said:

We can do HK and decent traffic and price to China. Actual CN2 bandwidth is seriously expensive though. You're better off buying through one of the big HK ISPs with lots of capacity, because they will definitely have better pricing. PCCW, HGC, WTT, etc.

Do you have any particular budget in mind? What you describe would be very expensive even if using a less expensive HK ISP for your BW.

Bandwidth alone would be in the order of US$4k /month if you want decent China connectivty. $4k +. If you're looking to spend less, then you would get less. Either in capacity or in quality.

There are cheap ways to get traffic to China, but there's always some performance hit. At least for part of the day.

• sohemsohem Member

@geek2009 said:

@sohem said:

@geek2009 said:
    Thanks.

why? you'd better choose dedicated bandwidth 10M among the VPS. Because 30/50 shared is lower than 10 dedicated.

Ahh, jeez I'm still learning... so much to learn.

@randvegeta said:

@teamacc said:

More! $100-$150 more like. Unless you're PCCW and buying 100G.. then maybe $50.. maybe...

@sohem said:

@teamacc said:

We can do HK and decent traffic and price to China. Actual CN2 bandwidth is seriously expensive though. You're better off buying through one of the big HK ISPs with lots of capacity, because they will definitely have better pricing. PCCW, HGC, WTT, etc.

Do you have any particular budget in mind? What you describe would be very expensive even if using a less expensive HK ISP for your BW.

Bandwidth alone would be in the order of US$4k /month if you want decent China connectivty. $4k +. If you're looking to spend less, then you would get less. Either in capacity or in quality.

There are cheap ways to get traffic to China, but there's always some performance hit. At least for part of the day.

Sent you a message, maybe you could take a look and suggest me.