Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Web Hosting Monopoly - WHMCS Now Part of WebPros, Oakley Capital
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Web Hosting Monopoly - WHMCS Now Part of WebPros, Oakley Capital

Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

Source: https://blog.whmcs.com/133551/whmcs-is-joining-webpros

Dear Customers,

We are thrilled to announce that WHMCS is joining the WebPros family.

Following in the footsteps of Plesk and cPanel, WHMCS becomes the latest company to join WebPros exciting and growing group of companies that power the web hosting industry.

Established in 2005 by CEO Matt Pugh, WHMCS is the leading web hosting billing and automation platform. WHMCS was started with the idea that selling web hosting could be made better for consumers and more efficient through automation. By combining customer management, billing and support tools into a single package, coupled with easy extensibility, today we help over 40,000 businesses scale and succeed in today's competitive web hosting market.

In 2012, WHMCS partnered with cPanel to enable us to work more closely and deliver a better experience to our many mutual customers. Today's announcement and news means we'll be able to work even more closely with cPanel, as well as our good friends at Plesk and SolusVM, giving us the opportunity to enhance the integration between all our products to create a more seamless and integrated experience for everyone.

"I am looking forward to working with the teams at WebPros to deliver better software and user experiences to both our direct customers and the customers of our customers" said Matt Pugh, CEO of WHMCS. "I also want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of our customers for putting your trust in us over the last 15 years and bringing us to where we are today."

"For us, it's business as usual.", said Matt. "The same team remains in place, and we will continue to deliver the same high-quality product and experience you've come to expect. We have always strived to provide the most powerful, feature rich and reliable platform for you to operate your business from, and this commitment remains as strong as ever."

Based in the UK and with offices in Houston TX, WHMCS employs a team of 28 people and powers over 40,000 businesses with a combined end user base of over 75 million customers in more than 140 countries.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

rethought, removed.

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

Interesting, wonder if anything else will change up.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

I bet pricing will change now and become un affordable for tom and harry

Thanked by 1Nate812
  • VoigonVoigon Member

That's not going to be good.

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

I guess they've hit a stagnate point where it make more sense to sell it and cashout.

Good for him. Probably cashed out 5M+.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Sounds like, WHCM's license costs will go up.
    Maybe a good time to get a onetime license.

But I suspect they also will increase the yearly support/update costs on these.

• FoulFoul Member

Neoon said: Maybe a good time to get a onetime license.

These aren't offered anymore, and can only be bought from third parties.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2019

Maybe someone can explain what this means to me. I don't know what WebPros is, but with whmcs already being owned by cpanel (and by extension, plesk) I don't know what to think of a change presented as "working more closely with cpanel." I don't see the two being closer as a possibility.

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

Whmcs had already reached its sales limit...it hasn't grown as I would have expected. so I feel it's the best decision.

One of the things they had in mind was to offer whmcs included with cpanel as an addons . which was discarded.

I don't think prices will change much

• If prices go up, would there be an exodus to Blesta or another billing platform? Be interesting what the providers here would do?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2019

jar said: I don't know what WebPros is

Oakley created a new group company called Webpros that has Plesk and cPanel in it. So they are just bundling up those and WHMCS in the umbrella and going to bleed them dry.

I suspect it also means they are going to go for others.

Thanked by 1jar
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@jar said:
    I don't know what WebPros is

https://oakleycapital.com/portfolio-company/webpros/

Damm people so rich, I mean, money attracts money, hence proved.

Thanked by 1jar
  • SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

With Plesk being their "flagship product", it'll be interesting to see how everything works out. (and if the main focus will be on Plesk integration rather than cPanel)

• imokimok Member

Soon they will take LET out of the CC hands.

Thanked by 1SpryServers_Tab
  • level6level6 Member

This means the end is nigh :neutral: