Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do most resellers use colocrossing?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why do most resellers use colocrossing?

HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

Most of the colocations are in the range of 65 to 80 dollars per month. However I have seen most of colocaters are using colocrossing data center. Is there any catch in it. Please shed some light in view of your personal experience.

Thanked by 1joeri

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

There's almost no one (honestly, I can't think of anyone on here) that is actually colocating gear at Colocrossing. They simply prefer doing dedi's and such, more return for them.

But, Colocrossing gives deep discounts and a lot of IP's, things people need if they want to sell fast and dirty.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Nate812
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

You have been here since 2015, has your guide dog been reading the forums for you?

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

Providers who plan to stay in business for long term usually co-locate as it's cheaper in long term but most of the providers using colocrossing here are just playing dirty so they don't colocate they just rent Dedi with them

Thanked by 1HostMayo
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    You have been here since 2015, has your guide dog been reading the forums for you?

To be fair, he only has 172 visits

Thanked by 1HostMayo
  • AmitzAmitz Member

An average guide dog does not need more than 100 visits here to understand about "the Colocrossing scheme".

172 visits? Man, this got to be the worst guide dog around.

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

@HostEONS said:
    Providers who plan to stay in business for long term usually co-locate as it's cheaper in long term but most of the providers using colocrossing here are just playing dirty so they don't colocate they just rent Dedi with them

Thanks for your review! Atleast all are not crass.

• HurleyHurley Member

Free advertising on LET and LEB without limits, free unbans, free theme, etc.

• Next round of shit hosts will be selling $80/year "hybrid dedicated servers" as actually being dedicated machines.

• Summer has come. Any tips on how to start?

• donlidonli Member

@cybertech said:
    Summer has come. Any tips on how to start?

The CC using providers on LEB seem to be offering remarkably similar plans - clearly there must be a "how to" manual somewhere.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member

donli said: there must be a "how to" manual somewhere.

https://summerhosting.com

• DataWagonDataWagon Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:
    There's almost no one (honestly, I can't think of anyone on here) that is actually colocating gear at Colocrossing. They simply prefer doing dedi's and such, more return for them.

But, Colocrossing gives deep discounts and a lot of IP's, things people need if they want to sell fast and dirty.

Francisco

We don't resell anything from CC, we have a bunch of cabinets filled with our own equipment there.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

We don't resell anything from CC, we have a bunch of cabinets filled with our own equipment there.

Ditto...we have racks of gear colocated there as well, just one of our many sites, as we had a client requirement for that location originally, the deal was right, and then we expanded more into it. Service and support has been good for us, I have no complaints about them. Can't speak to anything else discussed about them, but from a colocation client view we have not experienced anything unusual about their service compared to any of our other colo sites.

• HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

I already had deduced it that a number of providers are using CC services but the question remains the same, The catch behind it? Looks like they are just really good!

I am using few services from @SmartHost and keeping in view their reliability I must say cc should be good if they have arrangements with them.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I think one of the problems is that they offer cheap deals which ends up in people doing shady things with CC which results in people blocking entire ip ranges from CC.

Thanked by 2HostMayo uptime