Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVPN Free WHMCS Module?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVPN Free WHMCS Module?

MonsteRMonsteR Member
edited October 2013 in Help

Hey follow LEB's,
I was wondering what is the best way to setup a VPN for clients without paying £120 or something for the Free Radius module, We would need to add auto setups to our WHMCS would prefer OpenVPN but a PPTP one would work instead, Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• You can take a look at this: http://usaip.eu/en/tutorial_whmcs.php

Modules are rarely free because if you're doing enough business to need a module then you should be able to pay for it. There's some cheaper then 120gbp, in fact I think you can even get that SafeSRV module on a monthly license.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited October 2013

@nunim said:
    You can take a look at this: http://usaip.eu/en/tutorial_whmcs.php

Modules are rarely free because if you're doing enough business to need a module then you should be able to pay for it. There's some cheaper then 120gbp, in fact I think you can even get that SafeSRV module on a monthly license.

Yeah but its technically only the WHMCS module as I pay per user on openvpn anyway ?, This module looks like a reseller module for their stuff? Or something.

• Pay for the module, I had a custom one developed and it cost well over the 120 euros safesrv is asking. There is a free radius module floating around but I highly recommend against it as it has some pretty huge security flaws in it.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

http://docs.whmcs.com/API

You're better off developing one yourself instead of paying for a 120 pound module that is probably poorly written, and probably ion encoded to hide that fact.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

The safesrv one you can get the full source for

• @Fliphost said:
    The safesrv one you can get the full source for

Yeah but £120 :s

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@MonsterR You have to spend money to make money

• @Fliphost said:
    MonsterR You have to spend money to make money

I guess but if the VPN industry ins't very profiting making then I mean, Might be better off coding my own.

• i have module from inextvpn (they already close) but i not sure it legal or not to give to anyone

• If they are closed I don't see why not puppy dog eyes can I have it smile

• @mentari said:
    i have module from inextvpn (they already close) but i not sure it legal or not to give to anyone

Don't worry no DMCA, After all they don't exist :p lol

• I am looking for this as well. Anyone want to help a guy out? I have looked everywhere.

• @jakelong said:
    I am looking for this as well. Anyone want to help a guy out? I have looked everywhere.

Couldn't find a working one in the end, Might end up coding one some when.

• wow, i coded one like 2 years back. Didn't realize it was "worth" that much lol.

• @cosmicgate said:
    wow, i coded one like 2 years back. Didn't realize it was "worth" that much lol.

Not really a fair price, But it appears their the only ones who provide the module at this time.