Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Autoconfig / Autodiscover with MXRoute
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Autoconfig / Autodiscover with MXRoute

SkanderSkander Member

Howdy!

I snagged a cheeky restock of the MXRoute 30$/3y offers and I have a little question.

I used to self-host with mailcow. Mailcow had a neat feature where it would emulate being an exchange server for easy connections / configs with autoconfig/autodiscover cnames setup.

Is this something that can be done with MXRoute or would that require it to be implemented on their end?

Just curious.

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

This is from both worlds. Thwy must setup config xml, you should specify cname for autodiscovery. Anyway, you must contact them for more information.

• @Skander said:
    Howdy!

I snagged a cheeky restock of the MXRoute 30$/3y offers and I have a little question.

I used to self-host with mailcow.

Out of curiosity, why not anymore? Asking because I am about to go with it and use MXRoute as backup mx. Maybe also for sending (not sure if I should go with them or Amazon SES).

• SkanderSkander Member
    edited June 2019

@LTniger said:
    This is from both worlds. Thwy must setup config xml, you should specify cname for autodiscovery. Anyway, you must contact them for more information.

Thanks, I was trying to avoid bothering them with tickets given the price. But I'll ask now.

@sgheghele said:

@Skander said:
    Howdy!

I used to self-host with mailcow.

Out of curiosity, why not anymore? Asking because I am about to go with it and use MXRoute as backup mx. Maybe also for sending (not sure if I should go with them or Amazon SES).

If you enable ClamAV and Solr you'll need a lot of RAM. On a 2GB VPS I was able to go by with those two disabled but I still filled 50% of swap eventually. If you wanted to run them you'd need 4GB (Solr still disabled) to 6GB to run comfortably long term I'd say.

I was also on a space premium so I decided that long term, I'd rather have a professional manage my emails. For 100GB storage and someone knowledgeable running the service at 30$/3years is almost stealing :)

Thanked by 1sgheghele