Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raid MOnitoring Script
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Raid MOnitoring Script

Raid MOnitoring Script

is there any widnows and linux raid hardware and soft raid monitoring script which

i can get weekly or monthly report for bad secotr how good hard drive or need to replace something anyone help or suggestion plz

Comments

• jonathanspwjonathanspw Member, Host Rep

Your question is a bit too generic. Are you using hardware RAID or software? If hardware, what controller(s)?

You're oversimplifying this whole thing. It sounds like you probably need to read up on how things work in general and if a solution isn't out there to meet your need, how about write something and share it with the rest of us?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, you do not need a script.
    Linux software variant has build in notifications, just configure it and have a local mailserver running.

• with linux you can do something simple, like:

mdadm --detail /dev/md<deviceid> | grep -i 'fail*\|inpersistent\|critical' | mail -s "Software raid failure on "`date +\%D` [email protected]

• AlyssaDAlyssaD Member

There is no one single script you can run for this.

Look into solutions for your device, such as iDrac notifications in hardware... IPMI probably has something similar.

@Neoon's comment is correct for this in regards to linux software raids.

I'd suggest looking into SMART Monitoring of your drives, as that is a better indicator of pending failures.