Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM VPS... using Proxmox. What is this?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM VPS... using Proxmox. What is this?

Christ is Risen! Hello!

I recently bought a new KVM VPS. It works great but it comes, by default, with SELinux disabled. I know KVM is running separate kernels for each machine so it should be able to run SELinux in enforcing mode. The problem is that when enablind SELinux, the VPS crashes. Started a session with VNC and I saw CentOS is not starting anymore. It is blocked at the "loading" stage. I reinstalled the server. Same happens when activating SELinux (on a fresh installation). So I decided to reinstall it again and operate through VNC only. At the start up of the system I saw the Proxmox logo, which as I know (maybe I am wrong) is another kind of virtualization than KVM.

Some advices? Thanks a lot!

Comments

• virtua_cloudvirtua_cloud Member, Patron Provider

Proxmox is just a panel for managing nodes and KVM VMs.
    You saw the Proxmox logo because your host is using Proxmox but it's not relevant with your SELinux issue.

Are you able to check what's going on with SELinux in /var/log/audit.log or /var/log/messages with a live rescue mode if the system doesn't start?

• akhfaakhfa Member

If your provider provide install via iso, maybe you can do it yourself

• @virtua_host I started it in rescue mode but the problem is the same:

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Hit the esc key on that screen and it should show you the boot sequence.

It's likely relabeling.

Francisco

Thanked by 2uptime skorous
  • @akhfa Unfortunately it doesn't provide that feature.

• @Francisco Thanks! That's the output:

• Try to enable it only on permisive mode

Thanked by 1teochristian
  • pr0lzpr0lz Member

try putting a file called .autorelabel on your file system root .
    After enabling selinux you need to relabel the whole filesystem.
    Then reboot and see if it changes things.

Thanked by 2teochristian Gatto
  • Tried all... Reinstalled again the system, it is clean and fresh but without success... audit.log is only recording a failed login from an external bot. So, in permissive mode there is nothing recorded in the audit.log like it should be on a fresh CentOS installation. When setting SELinux to enforcing the system cannot boot up.

• I really don't know what should I do... Thanks.

• /var/log/messages

is also not showing anything strange.