Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is like a scammer want to win some peanuts ... Ddos threatened - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

This is like a scammer want to win some peanuts ... Ddos threatened

2»

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Neoon said:

Well, that was easy

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Neoon, where are you hosting your LT services? I see Kaunas. You're not in my DC are you?

• ps20090ps20090 Member

Wait, so HostSlick's Penis comes with Anti-DDOS features? Damn!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@randvegeta said:
    @Neoon, where are you hosting your LT services? I see Kaunas. You're not in my DC are you?

ServerOffer does use your IP space, as far as I know.

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited May 2019

It's by no means the first time that cock.li was/is associated with criminal actions.

Let's, uhm, hope for them that nobody hacks the funny construction behind which the scumbag hides ... like ovo.sc, FlokiNet, and 1337 services. Btw. he also hides behind voxility.

• @jsg said:
    It's by no means the first time that cock.li was/is associated with criminal actions.

Let's, uhm, hope for them that nobody hacks the funny construction behind which the scumbag hides ... like ovo.sc, FlokiNet, and 1337 services. Btw. he also hides behind

cock.li is an email service, I’m using them as well...

Thanked by 1pxhaxor
  • pikepike Veteran

inb4 its all Voxility marketing.

Thanked by 1uptime

@lowendclient said:

So? That doesn't change "It's by no means the first time that cock.li was/is associated with criminal actions" even a bit.

I also hate those a__holes because by abusing services meant and important for freedom of speech they lead to the destruction of important infrastructure.

As far as I'm concerned cock.li, ovo.sc, and some others should be brought down asap. And in case they get ahold of the DDOS scumbag they shouldn't waste a court trial. A bullet into his head is cheaper and more efficient.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@jsg said:

Let's, uhm, hope for them that nobody hacks the funny construction behind which the scumbag hides ... like ovo.sc, FlokiNet, and 1337 services. Btw. he also hides behind voxility.

In my opinion everyone deserves a right to anonymousy and I don't hold ovo.sc accountable for what their platform is used for.

Thanked by 3uptime Adam1 pxhaxor
  • There really needs to be a Bounty system for hunting down these fuckers. Whatever they demand, turn around and offer it to the Bounty hunter instead.

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • @jsg said:

@lowendclient said:

So? That doesn't change "It's by no means the first time that cock.li was/is associated with criminal actions" even a bit.

I also hate those a__holes because by abusing services meant and important for freedom of speech they lead to the destruction of important infrastructure.

As far as I'm concerned cock.li, ovo.sc, and some others should be brought down asap. And in case they get ahold of the DDOS scumbag they shouldn't waste a court trial. A bullet into his head is cheaper and more efficient.

You shouldn't shut down a whole service for the bad behavior of a few.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited May 2019

@TimboJones said:
    There really needs to be a Bounty system for hunting down these fuckers. Whatever they demand, turn around and offer it to the Bounty hunter instead.

Yo Dawg ... I hear you like bounties

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_effect

. The British government was concerned about the number of venomous cobra snakes in Delhi. The government therefore offered a bounty for every dead cobra. Initially this was a successful strategy as large numbers of snakes were killed for the reward. Eventually, however, enterprising people began to breed cobras for the income.

EDIT2:

perhaps a cryptocurrency-based cap-and-trade scheme might be a more straightforward approach ...?

@theblackesthat said:
    You shouldn't shut down a whole service for the bad behavior of a few.

That service isn't held hostage nor is it chained down. They can - and should - terminate criminals abusing the service. But cock.li didn't and doesn't. So they become part of the criminal actions and should be shut down.

• Cock.li is run by Vincent Canfield, he disables any accounts associated with these sorta crimes if you report it. @ him on Twitter too, he's very responsive.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • ehabehab Member
    edited May 2019

@ps20090 said:

that is just one usecase. --
    u have no idea.

• donlidonli Member

@ehab said:

@ps20090 said:

that is just one usecase. --
    u have no idea.

What man's penis hasn't experienced denial of service at some point ?

@mikewazar said:
    Cock.li is run by Vincent Canfield, he disables any accounts associated with these sorta crimes if you report it. @ him on Twitter too, he's very responsive.

Well, that's your word vs plenty history incl. one of their servers being taken down in association with a bomb threat.

Also the fact that we discuss this here - after what seems to be a series of DDOS blackmailings (or attempts) - strongly indicates that you are wrong and that guy doesn't care at all. Unless, of course, we (insanely) assume that all those providers are clueless plus just take it without even trying to get some info.

• ehabehab Member

@donli said:
    What man's penis hasn't experienced denial of service at some point ?

uuoohh, that was a smoothy.... u win this time.

• @jsg said:

What if this is Voxility themselves to get people to sign up :open_mouth:

• it seems this guy is active on LET : https://i.imgur.com/M2rospi.png

• @uptime said:

@TimboJones said:
    There really needs to be a Bounty system for hunting down these fuckers. Whatever they demand, turn around and offer it to the Bounty hunter instead.

Yo Dawg ... I hear you like bounties

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_effect

. The British government was concerned about the number of venomous cobra snakes in Delhi. The government therefore offered a bounty for every dead cobra. Initially this was a successful strategy as large numbers of snakes were killed for the reward. Eventually, however, enterprising people began to breed cobras for the income.

EDIT2:

perhaps a cryptocurrency-based cap-and-trade scheme might be a more straightforward approach ...?

While the snake bounty hunters were able to raise snakes to sacrifice over and over, it'll be hard to blame ransom ware attacks on snakes and so people will need to be caught and prosecuted. So, not the same.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • ValiSXPValiSXP Member

Hi Cociu,

You should report this to Cert-RO. They have a phone for this situation. Its 1911

• cociucociu Member

ValiSXP said: Hi Cociu,

You should report this to Cert-RO. They have a phone for this situation. Its 1911

this is a shit ... i know about this number but what can do ? this in most of the case is more easy to solution with the upstreams providers.

• ValiSXPValiSXP Member
    edited May 2019

Just try. You never know. What do you got to loose?

• xaocxaoc Member

@Adam1 said:

ben47955 said: You should not said that in public as i'm sure this will cost you more than the ransom.

As with any attention seeker, it's usually best to completely ignore them, dont even acknowledge them. i would guess the child who is ddos'ing cociu is reading this thread and masturbating.

Aren't we all?

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • Nate812Nate812 Member

@webclouddev said:
    it seems this guy is active on LET : https://i.imgur.com/M2rospi.png

easy to amplify if you've got multi-gig port, esp ntp. spoofing is overrated

• did you try turning it off and turning it back on again?