Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Found a Web Hosting offering 99% DISCOUNT [ICDSOFT]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Found a Web Hosting offering 99% DISCOUNT [ICDSOFT]

alvinalvin Member
edited May 2019 in General

www.icdsoft.com

This offer seems to be until the end of May.
It seems pretty good, but I don't need it..hope can help you guys.

Thanked by 4ehab donli Yura ick

Comments

• donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

WSS is that you?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2641063#Comment_2641063

Promotion details:

The promotion will be valid until May 31, 2019,

The promotional discount of 99% is valid for the first year. Each subsequent billing period gets our standard renewal discount of 20%.

• RossGRossG Member, Host Rep

Maybe @doghouch can do some of his SEO wizardry.

• alvinalvin Member
    edited May 2019

@donli said:
    WSS is that you?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2641063#Comment_2641063

The promotional discount of 99% is valid for the first year. Each subsequent billing period gets our standard renewal discount of 20%.

I posted it out just my good intentions, if there is any misunderstanding, please delete the post..

I am not a senior person to pay attention to various ISP / service providers.

I don't know what the relationship between this member and ICDSOFT.

btw, is there a problem with this supplier?

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited May 2019

Heh, smells like shit. OP's insistence on typing the name in all caps is hilarious.

• donlidonli Member

@alvin said:

No it is just that WSS is a famous person here on Low End Talk and he had recommended them in the past. I was just asking if you were him as a joke.

Thanked by 1alvin
  • Unwritten rule of LET. You do not JOIN LET and then posting some promotional offers. Just don't. It's Forbidden. BIG BIG NO.

Unless You have a provider tag.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited May 2019

Dude is posting a deal he found for a very old, reputable provider. I don't see anyone jumping down the throats of people that share namecheap or porkbun coupons. And I'm not sensing any malicious intent here. Keep doing your thing, @alvin, and thanks for sharing the deal you found!

• donlidonli Member

Ok, went for the Business Hosting with 100 GB SSD for $ 1.20/first year.
    Paid with Paypal and received server login info within a few minutes.
    And they didn't even create an automatic subscription on Paypal that I had to cancel.

So thanks alvin (and WSS).

• ehabehab Member

@donli said:

would be interesting how much ram/io they allocate. For example, with this plan can you install nextcloud?

• donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

@ehab said:

@donli said:

would be interesting how much ram/io they allocate. For example, with this plan can you install nextcloud?

Their help docs link to:

https://www.icdsoft.com/en/support
    https://tickets.suresupport.com/faq/category-192/en/installing_third_party_software
    https://tickets.suresupport.com/faq/article-1870/en/installing_nextcloud_version_15_0_4

I'll give it a try and see sometime in the near future.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • ehabehab Member

yeah , those come in the cp list but may not work well if the host is allocating small amount of RAM... if you have time, give it a try and see if you can install and upload something and check the overall performance. - Thanks in advance -

• donlidonli Member

These guys have a lot of servers:
    https://tickets.suresupport.com/network

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, non recurrings, does not look like spam.

• hzrhzr Member

deank said: Heh, smells like shit. OP's insistence on typing the name in all caps is hilarious.

My gut feeling is that the he's not shilling, just one of those 'alpharacks pricing tier deal hunters', considering where the company is based and how long they've been around

• donlidonli Member

@hzr said:

deank said: Heh, smells like shit. OP's insistence on typing the name in all caps is hilarious.

My gut feeling is that the he's not shilling, just one of those 'alpharacks pricing tier deal hunters', considering where the company is based and how long they've been around

They are based in Hong Kong apparently.

• hzrhzr Member

donli said: They are based in Hong Kong apparently.

Yeah, someone can feel free to prove me wrong but I mean.. it's a loss leader, not a summer host, good for at least a year and you're likely to at least not lose service during that year. I'd try it myself if I had a need for php hosting..

• donlidonli Member

@hzr said:

donli said: They are based in Hong Kong apparently.

Yeah, someone can feel free to prove me wrong but I mean.. it's a loss leader, not a summer host, good for at least a year and you're likely to at least not lose service during that year. I'd try it myself if I had a need for php hosting..

This is LET we don't buy things because we need them, we buy them because they're really cheap and let them idle.

Thanked by 2default ehab
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2019

Everybody keeps looking at shared hosting, but look at VPS, managed VPS with high specs.

• donlidonli Member

@default said:
    Everybody keeps looking at shared hosting, but look at VPS, managed VPS with high specs.

For VPSs the promotional price is only good for 1 month

The promotional discount of 99% is valid for the first month.

For $ 2.99 1st month:

High performance managed VPS
    Dedicated CPU - 2 cores @ 2.3 GHz
    Dedicated RAM - 8 GB
    Disk Storage - 200 GB
    Data Transfer - 5000 GB/MO

For $ 9.99 1st month:

High performance managed VPS
    Dedicated CPU - 8 cores @ 2.3 GHz
    Dedicated RAM - 32 GB
    Disk Storage - 1024 GB
    Data Transfer - 20000 GB/MO

• I've been using this provider for some small personal websites for about 10 years. They are rock solid and answer tickets within 10 minutes or less. I was excited to see this discount but for just a year doesn't matter to me. I have a refeller account and have my own basic account basically just to park a domain and then a business site whose renewal is a bit cheaper due to that.

In the very beginning they let me do more things with the server space but the slowly cut features (they used to have Ruby env on there way back in the day)

What ended up sucking is that even though it was a small business 1gb storage is nothing so I had to update, 8 dollars a month is a lot for a tiny site like that. Despite the reliability and good memories :)

I am looking to migrate to a new provider next year when my payment is up - any suggestions? I need one very low traffic business website but with decent space for pictures + wordpress, and a place to park my domain and play with random sites, maybe small local business pages, for me. Don't think I should have to pay 50 a year for all this, and as long as the other business domain is under my account I can merge them.

Thanked by 1donli
  • corbpiecorbpie Member

You can even get them to encode linux ISO's for you: Managed hosting 8 cores, 32gb ram $9.99

• donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

@buzzyLET said:
    I am looking to migrate to a new provider next year when my payment is up - any suggestions?

Low traffic sites HostMantis using the LET 80% off coupon, see:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/157409/80-off-fast-hosting-pure-ssd-nvme-litespeed-mariadb-jetbackup-free-ssl-ddos#latest

For $ 4.98/year with the coupon recurring the starter plan will give you:
    15 GB SSD
    CPU = 100%
    RAM = 4G
    Entry Processes = 40
    I/O = 35 MB/sec
    Inodes = 400,000

• @donli said:

@buzzyLET said:
    I am looking to migrate to a new provider next year when my payment is up - any suggestions?

Low traffic sites HostMantis using the LET 80% off coupon, see:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/157409/80-off-fast-hosting-pure-ssd-nvme-litespeed-mariadb-jetbackup-free-ssl-ddos#latest

For $ 4.98/year with the coupon recurring the starter plan will give you:
    15 GB SSD
    CPU = 100%
    RAM = 4G
    Entry Processes = 40
    I/O = 35 MB/sec
    Inodes = 400,000

Do you think we'll see any better black friday deals? I am paid up for a year. I guess at that price I may as well pick one up though.

• donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

@buzzyLET said:
    Do you think we'll see any better black friday deals? I am paid up for a year. I guess at that price I may as well pick one up though.

Every couple of months HostMantis offers a 80% off coupon on their twitter (there's a continual 70% off there). If you need a reasonable amount of space (like 15 GB) it's the best deal I've found recurring for low traffic hosting. Just get one a couple of months before your current one expires so you can copy your site over and try it out for a bit to see if you like it before you have to move.

How much space do you need for the sites you want to move?

• alvinalvin Member
    edited May 2019

@donli said:

@alvin said:

No it is just that WSS is a famous person here on Low End Talk and he had recommended them in the past. I was just asking if you were him as a joke.

I see...I am newbie in LET, I don’t know WSS is a famous person here, anyway, thanks for your information , and provide more detailed info about this offer. :)

@MasonR said:
    Dude is posting a deal he found for a very old, reputable provider. I don't see anyone jumping down the throats of people that share namecheap or porkbun coupons. And I'm not sensing any malicious intent here. Keep doing your thing, @alvin, and thanks for sharing the deal you found!

Thank you.

• ehabehab Member
    edited May 2019

@alvin said:

I am WSS ... now bow.

btw, thanks for the offer.

• donlidonli Member

@ehab said:

@alvin said:

I am WSS ... now bow.

Thanked by 1ehab