Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New user here! Would you pay for this storage? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New user here! Would you pay for this storage?

2»

Comments

• @Styx said:
    Again, this is just ment as pure storage. But i get your point. I have been using the server for web, games, torrents and so on (just private stuff) for around a year now. Not even a hickup

"Pure".

I don't think this word means what you think it means. Because it's confusing the way you're saying it, if not outright wrong and pointless.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@edfox said:

@sanvit said:

I think he's talking about HostHatch $7/3TB Chicago plan

I cannot find it?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156828/celebrating-8-years-in-business-promos-inside-chi-ny-la-stockholm-oslo-amsterdam-vienna#latest

It's over though

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited May 2019

@edfox said:

@sanvit said:

I think he's talking about HostHatch $7/3TB Chicago plan

I cannot find it?

It hopefully will be available again briefly on May 25th, as per:

Abdullah said: Due to several requests, we'll likely open orders for all of the plans available in the original post on 25th May for 48 hours. I will update here if/when the orders are open. I am posting here a week in advance so people do not miss out.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156828/celebrating-8-years-in-business-promos-inside-chi-ny-la-stockholm-oslo-amsterdam-vienna/p1

$7 per month for 3 TB if paid annually (so $84 paid up front)

but ... (possibly, maybe?) almost the same per-TB rate monthly for 5+ TB.

Otherwise, $4 per TB if paid quarterly (so $12 paid up front)

Good stuff - Chicago network (on 10 Gbit port) has been pretty zippy to several locations I've transferred to/from so far.

@Styx - glad to hear you figured it out, seems you've arrived at the inevitable conclusion that it's generally not worth dealing with "the great unwashed" (on either side of the bargain). Only exception in my opinion might be if you're able to go in with other people that you know and trust already. Cheers!

• alvinalvin Member

Personally provided services, the price should be lower than the supplier, after all, this is the reputation, after-sales service, and processing efficiency issues