Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS protected KVM in Germany/ Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS protected KVM in Germany/ Europe

v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

To act as a reverse proxy, I'm currently looking for a small DDoS protected KVM in Europe, preferably in Germany.

I heard that fastpipe.io has a quite good DDoS protection, however, I'm not really a fan of the company, so I'd like to stay away from them.

Specs wise I need something around:

• 1vCore
  • 256MB-512MB RAM
  • a few GB SSD
  • 1 IPv4 + Native IPv6
  • minimum 250Mbit/s @1 TB
  • rDNS management for IPv4/ IPv6

I thought about going with ExtraVM, are there some good alternatives?
Maybe a Zare reseller?

Comments

• solairesolaire Member

Hetzner?

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

I already have most of my systems there, but I'm looking for a good DDoS protection..

• solairesolaire Member

@v3ng said:
    I already have most of my systems there, but I'm looking for a good DDoS protection..

They added Ddos protection long time ago. Or are you implying it's not working properly?

I don't think their protection is good enough.

• solairesolaire Member

@v3ng said:
    I don't think their protection is good enough.

Fair enough. Netcup?

• hey, here my website : https://climited.de

:)

• pikepike Veteran

php-friends

@pike said:
    php-friends

Out of my budget, additionally I don't need that much RAM

• mrKatmrKat Member

Try NFO - Frankfurt location.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited May 2019

You should really consider them for a highend firewall. You can wait for them to run another 18€/3m promo maybe?

• WebGuruWebGuru Member

@pike said:
    You should really consider them for a highend firewall. You can wait for them to run another 18€/3m promo maybe?

Hardware/network firewall? Their panel allow adding rules to it?

• pikepike Veteran
    edited May 2019

@WebGuru they use Arbor Peakflow hardware firewalls from their datacenter FirstColo. You can read about them here.
    You cannot add rules.

Thanked by 1uptime

Does anyone have experiences with ExtraVM/ the OVH GAME protection in general?

• WebGuruWebGuru Member

Yes i am with ExtraVM from last> @pike said:

@WebGuru they use Arbor Peakflow hardware firewalls from their datacenter FirstColo. You can read about them here.
    You cannot add rules.

THanks for the details pike

• WebGuruWebGuru Member

@v3ng said:
    Does anyone have experiences with ExtraVM/ the OVH GAME protection in general?

Yes i am with ExtraVM from last 3 years and they are awesome they even integrated OVH API into the WHMCS so you can disable/enable permanent mitigation from within WHMCS and also you can add/delete firewall rules from within WHMCS.

Thanked by 2uptime MikeA
  • jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited May 2019

Hi,

We are offering a DDoS protection option using the protected network of OVH. Our website: https://finalhosting.nl

All servers are located in the Netherlands.

If you want a custom offer, send u an email or ticket.

• Another vouch for ExtraVM / @MikeA from me. You have full IP management and firewall rules. Its same as if you hosted a dedicated server from OVH.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2019

@WebGuru said:
    Yes i am with ExtraVM from last 3 years and they are awesome

I'm low on space for KVM Game in UK, so some orders may not be instant setup. Maybe I'll add another Europe location (FR or DE) soon.

• v3ng said: I heard that fastpipe.io has a quite good DDoS protection, however, I'm not really a fan of the company, so I'd like to stay away from them.

v3ng said: I don't think their protection is good enough.

Can you show logs / warnings from their CP whatever about an attack what they did not mitigate for you?

@desperand said:

v3ng said: I heard that fastpipe.io has a quite good DDoS protection, however, I'm not really a fan of the company, so I'd like to stay away from them.

v3ng said: I don't think their protection is good enough.

Can you show logs / warnings from their CP whatever about an attack what they did not mitigate for you?

I was referring to the DDoS protection of Hetzner...

• gonggogonggo Member

v3ng said: I heard that fastpipe.io has a quite good DDoS protection, however, I'm not really a fan of the company, so I'd like to stay away from them.

What's wrong with them? Care to share?

Have been a customer one or two years ago, unfortunately, my VPS had huge performance problems (I/O performance of like 40MB/s and huge IO wait) but their support wasn't a help at all.

First, they tried to blame me for the problem then later I just got the statement "You get what you pay for".

Network and uptime were fine tho.

• @v3ng said:
    Have been a customer one or two years ago, unfortunately, my VPS had huge performance problems (I/O performance of like 40MB/s and huge IO wait) but their support wasn't a help at all.

First, they tried to blame me for the problem then later I just got the statement "You get what you pay for".

Network and uptime were fine tho.

look at deinserverhost.de :)

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@v3ng we have our own servers with zare including their corero ddos protection, if you are interested PM me and i can sort something for you.

Cheers.