Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommended free hosts?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommended free hosts?

inb4IWouldn'tRecommendAFreeHost
Let me rephrase for ^, if you had to choose the less shitty free hosting site, which one would it be?

I'm asking so I can host 5-20mb worth of static files (100-200mb bandwidth at most lol), in this case jekyll, and since I'm used to low balling hard, part of me finds it unacceptable and believes I deserve something free
"but github pages exist": so? they don't allow ftp and it's just not the same at all >.>

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited May 2019

Neither. I would neither choose a free host nor a shitty host.

If I must choose, either, I will choose none.

If you can't afford Fran's slice, you have other issues to worry about.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2019

Try Infinityfree.net

Thanked by 2duckeeyuck Andrews
  • deank said: Neither. I would neither choose a free host nor a shitty host.

Let me clarify that this is just for the sake of argument or just a philosophical need, don't take it personally XD.

I didn't ask if you would, I asked one to choose the less shitty one, I didn't ask if you were willing either, and I didn't ask for a technical opinion on what you consider issues.

But anyways, what issues should I worry about since you seem to know exactly (for some reason) what I'm doing (youmight know even better than me because I don't know what you're talking about).

Ympker said: Try Infinityfree.net

Thank you I just signed up.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@duckeeyuck said:

deank said: Neither. I would neither choose a free host nor a shitty host.

Let me clarify that this is just for the sake of argument or just a philosophical need, don't take it personally XD.

I didn't ask if you would, I asked one to choose the less shitty one, I didn't ask if you were willing either, and I didn't ask for a technical opinion on what you consider issues.

But anyways, what issues should I worry about since you seem to know exactly (for some reason) what I'm doing (youmight know even better than me because I don't know what you're talking about).

Tell me how it goes (never used them, just thought they looked good for a free host).

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@duckeeyuck said:

I don't really enjoy torturing myself. I am no masochist.

Therefore, I will still choose neither.

• dragon1993dragon1993 Member
    edited May 2019

Firebase hosting?
    You can deploy with nodejs app.
    1GB space, 10GB BW

• xaocxaoc Member

Google cloud free fits all the above including traffic requirements (1GB of egress). Combined with Cloudflare(whitelist their ips in the firewall and kill all other traffic).

• donlidonli Member

@xaoc said:
    Google cloud free fits all the above including traffic requirements (1GB of egress). Combined with Cloudflare(whitelist their ips in the firewall and kill all other traffic).

Yes the google free tier with the free cloudflare is perfect for a low traffic static website.

https://cloud.google.com/free/

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Do you have your own domain or do you need a free subdomain?

• I would've suggested @KuJoe's afreecloud, but it's been 'out of stock' for a while now.

I see his message above so maybe he'll squeeze you onto one of his existing nodes.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Nowadays the hosting is so cheap (cheaper than your cup of coffee), why not to purchase the paid one, at least the SLA and a proper service will be guaranteed, except Alpharack!

• ps20090ps20090 Member

I was using https://www.000webhost.com/ before, maybe give it a try?

Also,

Try https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156440/nanokvm-free-nat-kvm-multiple-locations/p1#Form_Comment by @Neoon, make sure you read all the rules and specification on first page. It is technically a VPS, ask them if they will allow you to host files (worst they can do is say no and deny your request, worth a shot). I am not 100% sure if it is allowed though.

Also, give a look at https://hostingfacts.com/free-web-hosting-sites/ to look at other website offers

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited May 2019

BunnyCDN storage + volume zones will cost you less than a dollar/year

Thanked by 1uptime
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@WebProject said:
    Nowadays the hosting is so cheap (cheaper than your cup of coffee), why not to purchase the paid one, at least the SLA and a proper service will be guaranteed, except Alpharack!

That's true, although often enough some 1$/2$ (summer) hosts disappear faster, than long established free hosts like 000webhost, Infinityfree/bplaced..

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

@sanvit said:

Except AFAIK they have a $10 per year minimum payment. At that point, if you don't need the perf benefits of a CDN, you may as well just use something like BuyShared's $5 per year plan

Thanked by 1uptime
  • ChuckChuck Member
    edited May 2019

@duckeeyuck said:

deank said: Neither. I would neither choose a free host nor a shitty host.

Come back after a month tell us about Infinityfree?

Unlimited Disk Space!
    Unlimited Bandwidth!
    400 MySQL Databases!
    !?
    !!?

I would say this Infinityfree.net full of shit. They don't even say how much RAM is allowed!

https://infinityfree.net/support/ram-limit/

"****The exact way the RAM usage is calculated is rather complicated****." What the fuck is this bullshit? You can put Physical memory limit on each cpanel account.

• @Chuck

Given that I have a deep hatred for VistaPanel, I would be more than happy to see what happens in a month -- or a few days, because I'm not sure anyone can tolerate it for that long.

Thanked by 1SunshineHost
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@Daniel15 said:

@sanvit said:

Except AFAIK they have a $10 per year minimum payment. At that point, if you don't need the perf benefits of a CDN, you may as well just use something like BuyShared's $5 per year plan

Yeah, that's true :(

@duckeeyuck If what your hosting is completely legal and aren't making $Ms out of it, I think I can help you out. I have some idling resellers as well as some idling BunnyCDN credits

• FoxelVoxFoxelVox Member
    edited May 2019

If you want, you can take a hosting plan with DirectAdmin as a control panel from me, hosted on a VM of mine in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Free Ofcourse.

1GB SSD diskspace, 100GB bandwidth, 5 max domains hosted, 5 dbs and email accs included. Choice between 3 PHP versions (5.6, 7.2 and 7.3). Opcache incl.

Note that im not a company, i just have a Dedicated Server in the Netherlands with a Colo contract for 2 Years (which i will renew) and on there is a VM with DirectAdmin which is running for 192days already (3 days uptime now, bcs Intel kernel b*llshit)

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

If you need only <250MB space I'll happily give you free web hosting plan on my premium service.

• KuJoe said: Do you have your own domain or do you need a free subdomain?

I have my own, but I ended up going for the first choice posted here, thinking of using google

Chuck said: I would say this Infinityfree.net full of shit. They don't even say how much RAM is allowed!

Ofcourse it isn't unlimited, you're limited by mysql queries per sec, get a very low max_file_size, lower timeout thresholds and such.
    Their ToS by it self pretty much disallows everything that is not a personal site in layman terms most of the time. Which is fair imho, even more when it's free I can't whine.

sanvit said: BunnyCDN storage + volume zones will cost you less than a dollar/year

I'm seriously considering sticking to CF+Google's instance, and I wouldn't mind paying bunnycdn if they got a better cache hit-rate or even google for bandwidth since it's nuffin
    I could hotlink everything to dropbox tho, and since nobody visits my static blog, it's not like it's going to cost me XD

MikeA said: If you need only <250MB space I'll happily give you free web hosting plan on my premium service.

Sure, I don't need that much nor php but it sounds better than this XD

• SunshineHostSunshineHost Member, Host Rep

https://myownfreehost.net/
    But at the end of the day, it is the free web host that would cost you the most.

• Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited May 2019

you could try tripod or angelfire. personally I prefer geocities but it's been down a while.

• manlivomanlivo Member

Aws free tier for 1 year.