Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for seedbox 35€/year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for seedbox 35€/year

My current 35€/year (shared) seedbox provider quits, kicks out all its small users. Specs:
300GIB disk
1gbps, no throttling
"unlimited" download/upload (I do up to 3 TB/month, closer to 2TB)
sftp
rutorrent preferred, deluge will do
The rest of the specs I do not use (streaming, plesk, webdav, etc.) so do not mention.
about 120 torrents total. storage is split 90% long term ratio seeds on private trackers, few snatches on public trackers, and a few long term linux distro support seeds.
My budget can not go over 35/year. Who can offer these specs or better? Promo's?

Comments

• poissonpoisson Member

There's probably a good reason why such a price isn't sustainable for your host. That kind of price for your requirements is unrealistic I would say.

• Run the Rtinst (github) script on: Any vps that matches your base specs.

few snatches on public trackers

However, this particular requirement limits you to scaleway/online.net, hostsolutions.ro(@cociu).

Thanked by 1uptime
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@vimalware said:
    Run the Rtinst (github) script on: Any vps that matches your base specs.

few snatches on public trackers

However, this particular requirement limits you to scaleway/online.net, hostsolutions.ro(@cociu).

Or the OP can use a VPN

• Me too

• starredstarred Member

@vimalware said:
    ... Any vps that matches your base specs ...

private trackers are OK on any VPS ?

@sanvit said:
    Or the OP can use a VPN

Which I do, should perhaps specify it is only for hard to get public stuff, like torrents with only one sporadic low speed seeder, requiring the torrent to be online for days or weeks at a time to get downloaded.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited May 2019

@starred said:

@vimalware said:

Depends on the provider, since torrent also tend to use high disk IO and CPU.

@sanvit said:
    Or the OP can use a VPN

Which I do, should perhaps specify it is only for hard to get public stuff, like torrents with only one sporadic low speed seeder, requiring the torrent to be online for days or weeks at a time to get downloaded.

I'm actually doing light torrenting with a proxy with ultraVPS :) working good so far

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited May 2019

@starred said:

@vimalware said:

Unofficially yes.
    Though, I would stay clear of storage VPS backed by RAID5 .
    Running rtorrent on those nodes really puts the hurt on the providers' available iops, and doing so is a pretty dick move.

But nodes running RAID60 and faster storage should be fine for light(1-3MB/s) seeding (like most torrents are) .

Of course, if a provider explicitly and repeatedly mentions, that they don't want ANY torrent clients on their nodes (check all former threads),
    don't sue me if you choose to ignore what they said.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • starredstarred Member

so which VPS or seedbox fills the specs and price and allows private torrents?

• Liteserver might have their ovz-storage200GB for around 17Eur/yr on BlackFriday.
    But then again, they might discontinue OpenVZ6 by November.

Best to wait until November to find the good deals that you'll end up keeping for 3-5 years. (and save a ton)

• @cociu storage box if you are ok with openvz6 (EOL is coming) and own setup. Waiting for a good long term option could be wise if you are not in a hurry.