Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scaleway AMS downtime
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Scaleway AMS downtime

Anyone else affected by Scaleways unscheduled downtime in AMS?

Been going on since 13:00 and im starting to get annoyed.. (and thinking of moving this box to ze germans)

https://status.scaleway.com

Thanked by 1pike

Comments

• I've recently moved away from Scaleway to Hetzner. Paying them a tiny bit more, but it actually works reliably

Thanked by 1pike
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2019

I guess thats why they got 2 zones, still a Kimsufi had better uptime in a year then Scaleway.
    Just get a dedi instead that bloated cloud bullshit.

• YuraYura Member

@default said:

Yes, stop beating a dead donkey

• ulayerulayer Member, Host Rep

Scaleway (in my opinion) is quite bad. I've seen packet loss on their network every night for months around the same time in AMS. I think it's overloaded and oversold in AMS. Their support is even worse. Denying issues and terribly slow responses on tickets.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited May 2019

@Tripleflix said:
    (and thinking of moving this box to ze germans)

Do it and never look back.

Cloud from 2,49€/m, Dedicated Servers from 22€/m

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

pike said: Do it and never look back.

Hetzner is very overpriced. Charges VAT for me, and Scaleway doesn't. As for this thread, somehow all 3 of my Scaleway instances were up with no issues the whole time.

• ulayerulayer Member, Host Rep

@rm_ said:

pike said: Do it and never look back.

Hetzner is very overpriced. Charges VAT for me, and Scaleway doesn't. As for this thread, somehow all 3 of my Scaleway instances were up with no issues the whole time.

Hetzner and overpriced in the same sentence? What?

Thanked by 3pike lukehebb vimalware
  • hetzner is in no way overpriced... they have great price / performance ratio

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • defaultdefault Veteran

Hetzner is not overpriced. Scaleway is not either. In a comparison Hetzner wins, but let's not forget that Scaleway (even without good support, without PayPal, without network stability) still offers the unbeatable €1/month in AMS (without IPv4), which should have been removed at the beginning of this month.

• default said: still offers the unbeatable €1/month in AMS (without IPv4)

Nice ipv6 only box, but I doubt it will last long. As they love to increase prices whenever they see fit, why not disable small instances or let the price go up anytime in the future?

• TripleflixTripleflix Member
    edited May 2019

@pike said:

@Tripleflix said:
    (and thinking of moving this box to ze germans)

Do it and never look back.

i know, already have a nice hetzner box for just under 22 and not paying vat..

the VPS i now have at scaleway is the last one i have in france. had way more stuff with them but when they did all pricehikes i moved over.

but the old 2 core 2 GB and 50GB i have at scaleway has such nice specs for only 2.99...