Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SEO recommandation and suggesitons.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SEO recommandation and suggesitons.

armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Hey!

So this is a question rather to people who might have some cents to share regarding SEO / site meta tags.

I have added a site in two languages. However due to some programming restrictions (knowledge) i'm able to add only one title text for that website. Meaning that title won't change neither will the meta description if the language is changed.

Now google recently can lookup the content in your website and add the title / meta description automatically to searches even if you don't have one.

Now this question is more on should i leave the title / meta tags in english for both languages or remove both of them and let google do it's magic in searches. Will this affect my SEO too much?

Looking for opinions. Not looking for a solution on automatically changing those meta tags depending on language.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Does anyone use meta tags nowadays?

It's virtually pointless.

• corbpiecorbpie Member

@deank said:

meta viewport and description are important

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@deank said:

Not exactly. Having a meta description does help in improving the CTR on SERPs. The more informative (& less spammy) or straight to the point a meta description is the better are the chances that you'll get an organic visitor.

Now coming back to the question. Only if your non-English speaking audience is more significant I'd say have a separate translated meta description.

It won't affect your rankings but can definitely affect the CTRs on the SERPs unless your main source of traffic isn't a search engine then don't bother, focus on other areas.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@BlaZe said:
    Now coming back to the question. Only if your non-English speaking audience is more significant I'd say have a separate translated meta description.

Like mentioned before it's not a matter of having it translated but having it removed or just keeping it in english only.

• Have you read this, sir? Not sure about other search engines but for Google:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/189077?hl=en

• Remember to get dedicated IP for HTTPS. It helps alot in google rankings.

/s

@armandorg said:

@BlaZe said:

Like mentioned before it's not a matter of having it translated but having it removed or just keeping it in english only.

Keep it in English.
    /thread

1. Type in google your targeting keyword and see what have done those who ranked in the first page.
    2. Check where are they creating links and create there also for your website.
    3. Do not include the targeting keyword more then 1 time in 200 words. Means 1000 words content, max. 5 times the target keyword.
    4. Keyword should be once in Bold and once in H3 or H2. Also in Page Title.
    5. Patience 1-2 years.

Hope this helps.

edited May 2019

@ZotiMediaGroup said:
    1. Type in google your targeting keyword and see what have done those who ranked in the first page.
    3. Do not include the targeting keyword more then 1 time in 200 words. Means 1000 words content, max. 5 times the target keyword.
    5. Patience 1-2 years.

Hope this helps.

Are you blind or just really wanna get insulted for trying to be one ?

Trying to increase your posts much?

• @ZotiMediaGroup said:
    5. Patience 1-2 years.

Hope this helps.

Did you read the original post? OP asked regarding the multiple translation in his title tag. Not keywords targeting or am I wrong?

To me, it's best keeping the English version. I believe Google has some sort of translation algorithm that automagically show your localized page if people are to search in a different language than English.

Just remember that Google hates duplicate content and be sure to use the hreflang and canonical url attributes whenever necessary to avoid being penalized...

Thanked by 1armandorg

@sudoranger said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:
    5. Patience 1-2 years.

Hope this helps.

Did you read the original post? OP asked regarding the multiple translation in his title tag. Not keywords targeting or am I wrong?

Yes, you're not wrong. This has nothing to do with keywords SEO or whatever he just wrote in that post.

Thanked by 1sudoranger
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member

At the end of the day produce good content and a strong backlink portfolio and don't spend your time over optimizing.

• emghemgh Member

@ZotiMediaGroup said:
    5. Patience 1-2 years.

Hope this helps.

Even though it doesn't fit in at all it's good advice. This is SEO.

• @SirFoxy said:
    At the end of the day produce good content and a strong backlink portfolio and don't spend your time over optimizing.

Yes, Google is getting smarter indeed. However, you can still cheat by paying them through AdWords. They love $$$ and your private data. 😁

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • @armandorg said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:
    5. Patience 1-2 years.

Hope this helps.

No am not blind, just tried to help someone who is asking for help.

You asked the following:

So this is a question rather to people who might have some cents to share regarding SEO / site meta tags.

SEO = Search Engine Optimization.

I dident talked about anything else.

Jusf ignore my comment.

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@armandorg said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:
    5. Patience 1-2 years.

Hope this helps.

You asked the following:

Jusf ignore my comment.

Mate, the question is not just that sentence. If you've read it carefully you would understand that i'm not looking for seo tactics or keywords, but regarding the position i am with meta tags langs changing.

Seems like you just read the first sentence and jumped into answering.

Anyways, thanks!

• @armandorg said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@armandorg said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:
    5. Patience 1-2 years.

Hope this helps.

You asked the following:

Jusf ignore my comment.

Mate, the question is not just that sentence. If you've read it carefully you would understand that i'm not looking for seo tactics or keywords, but regarding the position i am with meta tags langs changing.

Anyways, thanks!

You are welcome..

Btw. Meta Tags/description died 2009 :)

https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2009/09/google-does-not-use-keywords-meta-tag.html?m=1

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@armandorg said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@armandorg said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:
    5. Patience 1-2 years.

Hope this helps.

You asked the following:

Jusf ignore my comment.

Anyways, thanks!

You are welcome..

https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2009/09/google-does-not-use-keywords-meta-tag.html?m=1

Did you even read the article mate? It says meta keywords have died, not meta tags in general....

Seems like you have a problem reading the full posts/articles.

• @armandorg said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@armandorg said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@armandorg said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:
    5. Patience 1-2 years.

Hope this helps.

You asked the following:

Jusf ignore my comment.

Anyways, thanks!

You are welcome..

Did you even read the article mate? It says meta keywords have died, not meta tags in general....

Ok. https://www.google.at/amp/s/www.seroundtable.com/amp/meta-descriptions-for-snippets-google-study-25627.html

Seems you are new in this field.

• @emgh said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:
    5. Patience 1-2 years.

Hope this helps.

The troll has been fed.

It has nothing to do with the problem asked. As if people are asking how to change a car tire and someone tell you how to do a car paint job. After all it's about car. It's not helping the OP at all. Just talk about the tires.

@armandorg I think your problem may also arise in the open graph title/description tag. Not just the html tag. I'm interested in this topic because it never came across my mind and now wondering... In WhatsApp for example when you share the link, it will show the localized page title/description information. So perhaps u need a subdomain for different language to avoid duplicates and it will become a separate or specific content.

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@armandorg said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@armandorg said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@armandorg said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:
    5. Patience 1-2 years.

Hope this helps.

You asked the following:

Jusf ignore my comment.

Anyways, thanks!

You are welcome..

Ok. https://www.google.at/amp/s/www.seroundtable.com/amp/meta-descriptions-for-snippets-google-study-25627.html

lol? You gave me that link yourself, said nothing regarding meta tags in general but only meta keywords. Now you finding other articles to support your statement?

And that article is total bullsh^t. Meta description has not died as it still affects SEO a lot. One or two articles won't make it true.

Meta keywords however, are yes indeed dead.

I have been doing SEO for more than 4 years, having a few local sites that rank top in Google however that does still not make me complete, whatsoever i'm nowhere near "new". Bruh.

• edited May 2019

@armandorg said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@armandorg said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@armandorg said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@armandorg said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:
    5. Patience 1-2 years.

Hope this helps.

You asked the following:

Jusf ignore my comment.

Anyways, thanks!

You are welcome..

lol? You gave me that link yourself, said nothing regarding meta tags in general but only meta keywords. Now you finding other articles to support your statement?

And that article is total bullsh^t. Meta description has not died as it still affects SEO a lot. One or two articles won't make it true.

Meta keywords however, are yes indeed dead.

I have been doing SEO for more than 4 years, having a few local sites that rank top in Google however that does still not make me complete, whatsoever i'm nowhere near "new". Bruh.

It was just a suggestion.
    Sorry for sharing my experience.

P.s: You may try 3x meta tags to rank even better.

edited May 2019

Where is @deank when you need him?

I'll do the honours, the end is nigh

@deank, you made a game out of that slang? OMG https://store.steampowered.com/app/583470/The_End_Is_Nigh/

I believe in the end.

You should, too. Nothing can escape from the end.

Thanked by 1ZotiMediaGroup
  • emghemgh Member

@sudoranger said:

@emgh said:

@ZotiMediaGroup said:
    5. Patience 1-2 years.

Hope this helps.

The troll has been fed.

It has nothing to do with the problem asked. As if people are asking how to change a car tire and someone tell you how to do a car paint job. After all it's about car. It's not helping the OP at all. Just talk about the tires.

@armandorg I think your problem may also arise in the open graph title/description tag. Not just the html tag. I'm interested in this topic because it never came across my mind and now wondering... In WhatsApp for example when you share the link, it will show the localized page title/description information. So perhaps u need a subdomain for different language to avoid duplicates and it will become a separate or specific content.

Actually deank started mentioning META and Zoti continued on the topic. A discussion can evolve.

edited May 2019

Aye, it was my fault.

My apologies.

Though I still stand by what I said. Meta tags are virtually useless. You can use it but don't expect anything from it.
    It's like sex in a long term marriage. They still do it sometimes but it becomes meaningless.

Thanked by 1Gravely
  • @emgh said:
    Actually deank started mentioning META and Zoti continued on the topic. A discussion can evolve.

Of course we talked about the meta tags because that's what the OP asked in his first sentence. @deank is technically correct and relevant.

It evolved into keywords targeting because someone didn't read or understand OP questions and real problems. Simply throwing out some H2 H3 bold keywords placement that has nothing to do with language translation of the meta title/description. You said it was a good advice. Actually, that was a very old advice. It's the first tip when you type "SEO keywords" in most YouTube videos.

• emghemgh Member

@deank said:
    Aye, it was my fault.

My apologies.

Though I still stand by what I said. Meta tags are virtually useless. You can use it but don't expect anything from it.
    It's like sex in a long term marriage. They still do it sometimes but it becomes meaningless.

For ranking, sure. It can help (or destory) CTR though.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

keep in mind google bot doesnt use the accept-language header, so you should use their guidelines for default english and multiple languages here:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/182192?hl=en

IMO, use whatever server-side language to sniff preferred language and redirect if not blank/en;

use query strings to set language, not subdomains etc. define the language with head/meta tags (hreflang) etc