Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need to decide between litespeed and Engintron on cloudlinux cpanel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need to decide between litespeed and Engintron on cloudlinux cpanel

pardeeppardeep Member

Hi,

i had almost 800+ domains on my whm server with cloudlinux till the last month i am using litespeed with 1core license, which i was verymuch statisfied. But now due to some fiancial/ technical reasons i had moved to engintron where the loading time has increased some and facing issue with cloudflare where many has there own dedicated ips.

I need some suggestion that if i hired and exp admin and can solve/or improve the things with one time cost or i need to move back to litespeed.

previous i am getting lite speed 1 core license for 30$/ could you any one provide me for lower price that this.

Thanks

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

If you can budget it, Litespeed is awesome.

I'm hoping they've fixed it, but when I used Engintron a couple years ago it had real issues with Cloudflare. At first I thought we were seeing a big performance gain from moving to Engintron but in reality all CF traffic was dying, meaning a lot of our users weren't able to access their sites.

Francisco

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Buy the LiteSpeed owned license if cost is a problem and you plan to keep it for over a year. LiteSpeed is wonderful, even though it's a bit expensive for the core restrictions.

• pardeeppardeep Member

@Francisco said:

Thank you for your advice

If there is no other option i should purchase it rather losing clients.

but checking if there would be an alternative

• donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

@pardeep said:

@Francisco said:

Thank you for your advice

If there is no other option i should purchase it rather losing clients.

but checking if there would be an alternative

Don't be "penny wise and pound foolish".

• pardeeppardeep Member

@donli said:

Thought the same but just asked here if there would be any other solution

Thanks

• @pardeep said:
    Hi,

i had almost 800+ domains on my whm server with cloudlinux till the last month i am using litespeed with 1core license, which i was verymuch statisfied. But now due to some fiancial/ technical reasons i had moved to engintron where the loading time has increased some and facing issue with cloudflare where many has there own dedicated ips.

I suggest you go with dedicated servers with 1k dedicated ips.That is great for you .

• pardeeppardeep Member

@geek2009 said:

@pardeep said:
    Hi,

I suggest you go with dedicated servers with 1k dedicated ips.That is great for you .

@geek2009 said:

@pardeep said:
    Hi,

???

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran

pardeep said: I need some suggestion that if i hired and exp admin and can solve/or improve the things with one time cost or i need to move back to litespeed.

previous i am getting lite speed 1 core license for 30$/ could you any one provide me for lower price that this.

Probably end up costing more hiring someone to continuously fix the engintron setup over time that to just use litespeed with cpanel. Litespeed Enterprise licensing is relatively cheap for what if can do in this instance. And valid suggestion buy an owned litespeed license so you aren't paying monthly costs.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • pardeeppardeep Member

Had taken that point and checking the prices for owned license options.

Thank you for your suggestions

• ZerpyZerpy Member

I'd just go for LiteSpeed :-D less trouble than maintaining something half-baked.

• pardeeppardeep Member

@Zerpy 👍

• Engintron recent updates have been very good in my experience. Using Engintron will save you a lot of money if you get it working. If you use cloudflare, make sure you edit the custom_rules section to allow for cloudflare. Not had any issues personally.

Thanked by 2datanoise HostMayo
  • AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

Switched from engintron to xtendweb (autom8n.com) pretty happy with it, since it support as a proxy or a standalone nginx webserver. Maybe you should take a look of it, its around $8/month or $5/yearly.

• pardeeppardeep Member

@Hello-Marc said:
    Engintron recent updates have been very good in my experience. Using Engintron will save you a lot of money if you get it working. If you use cloudflare, make sure you edit the custom_rules section to allow for cloudflare. Not had any issues personally.

We have almost 23 dedicated ip domains i need to add all the domain names, even some reseller and there clients have there ips,

Is there any way to add all at once or i need to add the config file one by for all present and feature domains

Thanks

• Hello-MarcHello-Marc Member
    edited May 2019

@pardeep, you can just add the IP's being used by your server in the custom_config. You'll fine the config on line 24/25 just follow the example its super easy to follow. If you get stuck just ask. GL.

• pardeeppardeep Member

@Hello-Marc said:
    @pardeep, you can just add the IP's being used by your server in the custom_config. You'll fine the config on line 24/25 just follow the example its super easy to follow. If you get stuck just ask. GL.

i was stucked here for dedicated ip it is okay to add all ips and domains, but some reseller accounts have their own shared ip how can i add them.

Thanks

• @pardeep said:

@Hello-Marc said:

i was stucked here for dedicated ip it is okay to add all ips and domains, but some reseller accounts have their own shared ip how can i add them.

Thanks

You don;t need to add the domains, Engintron/WHM will handle that for you. You just need to add any IP's that the server is using and listening on or any that CloudFlare will be pointing to. GL