Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Secure Dragon VPSs of all shapes and sizes - OpenVZ @ $5/y - KVM @ $3.99/m - 1TB @ $5.99/m - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Secure Dragon VPSs of all shapes and sizes - OpenVZ @ $5/y - KVM @ $3.99/m - 1TB @ $5.99/m

2»

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@iwishyou said:
    whats the unmetered plan shown here? shared/reseller hosting? https://i.imgur.com/o2lGOBw.png

also, can I use that or the storage VPS for running ZNC/irssi/quassel in additiion to cloud storage

It's an FTP/rsync account.

You can run normal services on the Storage VPSs, just don't expect backups or performance compared to our SSD VPSs.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I just notice that the $5 OpenVZ storage has Ubuntu 18 option now. How did you manage to offer Ubuntu 18 with OpenVZ?

• @yoursunny said:
    I just notice that the $5 OpenVZ storage has Ubuntu 18 option now. How did you manage to offer Ubuntu 18 with OpenVZ?

That's secret Dragon business.

• OujiOuji Member

yoursunny said: I just notice that the $5 OpenVZ storage has Ubuntu 18 option now. How did you manage to offer Ubuntu 18 with OpenVZ?

Prolly using OpenVZ7

@Ouji said:

yoursunny said: I just notice that the $5 OpenVZ storage has Ubuntu 18 option now. How did you manage to offer Ubuntu 18 with OpenVZ?

Prolly using OpenVZ7

This. Our Storage VPSs are running OpenVZ 7.

• defaultdefault Veteran

Any feedback if this is good for Nétflïx?

@default said:
    Any feedback if this is good for Nétflïx?

Netflix used to be blocked but for some reason it's working now. No idea for how long though.

• NorrisNorris Member

I am Brazilian and I love your services!

@KuJoe said:

@jooja said:
    brazil is blocked? lmfao

Correct. :)

EDIT: I guess I should elaborate on this. We have a policy where if 100% of all orders from a country are fraudulent/abusive for 2 consecutive years we block that country. The exception to this is if the person ordering is a long standing member of LET we'll manually approve the order (except for India, 100% of manually approved orders resulted in fraud in 2018-2019). In the case of Brazil specifically, we had a period of 12 months where 100% of the clients were hosting bank phishing website which resulted in a lot of billable hours dealing with legal issues from multiple different companies and agencies which resulted in us manually verifying all orders, during the next 12 months we received 0 legitimate orders that didn't result in abuse/chargebacks. To clarify, this policy is only for 100% of orders, if we have 1 legitimate client during those 2 years and 99% fraud we will not block a country (we may switch to manual verification or temporary block orders if we're being hit with waves of signups from the same people). I hope that clears things up.

Thanked by 2KuJoe MikePT
  • joojajooja Member
    edited June 2019

@Norris said:
    I am Brazilian and I love your services!

@KuJoe said:

@jooja said:
    brazil is blocked? lmfao

EDIT: I guess I should elaborate on this. We have a policy where if 100% of all orders from a country are fraudulent/abusive for 2 consecutive years we block that country. The exception to this is if the person ordering is a long standing member of LET we'll manually approve the order (except for India, 100% of manually approved orders resulted in fraud in 2018-2019). In the case of Brazil specifically, we had a period of 12 months where 100% of the clients were hosting bank phishing website which resulted in a lot of billable hours dealing with legal issues from multiple different companies and agencies which resulted in us manually verifying all orders, during the next 12 months we received 0 legitimate orders that didn't result in abuse/chargebacks. To clarify, this policy is only for 100% of orders, if we have 1 legitimate client during those 2 years and 99% fraud we will not block a country (we may switch to manual verification or temporary block orders if we're being hit with waves of signups from the same people). I hope that clears things up.

Just use vpn and you can order worked for me atleast

Mod edit: Which is also not the smartest thing to do either. It could possibly get your account and services disabled. Be smart and not a be idiot. Pie

Thanked by 1MikePT

Please get the hint. ;)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • iSkyiSky Member

@KuJoe said:

@jooja said:
    brazil is blocked? lmfao

then what about from Indonesia ? can you elaborate it please ?
    i am long member at here.

• 25GB Storage | 128MB RAM+vSwap | 1 vCPU Core | 10TB @ 1Gbps | Shared IPv4 | /64 IPv6 | $5/Year

Is the bandwidth allocated in this offer still valid (10TB), or should we get 100GB as displayed in backupdragon?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@lowfatgeek read a few comments above:

KuJoe said:
    Yeah, we had to lower the bandwidth significantly a week ago to combat abuse.

• vyas11vyas11 Member

@KuJoe said:

@Galeej said:
    I do not see India in the country dropdown while registration. How do I order?

We're not accepting orders from India at this time. Sorry.

You save me my money! Thanks.

• What kernel version do you use for debian 7 on ssd ovz?

edited July 2019

@karevos said:
    What kernel version do you use for debian 7 on ssd ovz?

All SSD OpenVZ VPSs are still using OpenVZ 6 so they're running the latest 2.6.32 kernel.

Thanked by 1karevos
  • AndrewsAndrews Member
    edited July 2019

@KuJoe said:
    All SSD OpenVZ VPSs are still using OpenVZ 6 so they're running the latest 2.36 kernel.

Did you mean 2.6.32?

@Andrews said:

@KuJoe said:
    All SSD OpenVZ VPSs are still using OpenVZ 6 so they're running the latest 2.36 kernel.

you mean 2.6.32?

This. 2.36 is the kernel I'm running at 2AM when I don't have my coffee. :lol:

Thanked by 1ITLabs