Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paid Work - html/css/php/js, tweaks only required [Google Page Speed].
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Paid Work - html/css/php/js, tweaks only required [Google Page Speed].

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
edited May 2019 in Requests

Hi folks,

Looking for someone who has time to do some site tweaks, nothing special, I just ran a google page speed report and it was not fun, essentially the work is improving that.

The site is flat/static so not complex, I just need someone who is willing/able to work through the list of suggestions to get it in tip top shape.

How this will work:

pop https://inceptionhosting.com/ in to google pagespeed to see the list of work required, I would like to be in the high 80's to low 90's

I will put the site on a different random domain on the same physical server and you will get cPanel access to do the work, you will be paid only in the event that you can get the score over 75

Only interested in working with people that have been registered at least 6 months.

PM me your quote, I will pick someone to start work with it in the next few days.

if you are reading this on or after the 14th mat assume the work is gone, PM's after this point will be ignored.

Thanked by 2imok jureve

Comments

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

You should get a custom template built >.<

Thanked by 1imok
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

If you have many assets, the start is getting a CDN and then look where you can cut it down. Some stuff cannot be cut down and you need your own template or a better one.

• ehabehab Member
    edited May 2019

do you have any tea/coffee/neck-massage jobs?

-- FYI, i do not shine someone else's shoes.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

I would guess it's all about the code, not written well & minified? Also images are compressed?

• ehabehab Member

on a serious note ..... contact the same person who created the webpages and ask the same?

• imokimok Member

This will be fun.

PMed.

• solairesolaire Member

Webpack will likely do wonders.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

It's 91 desktop and 60 mobile - is it just mobile you want improving?

• EddingEdding Member

@Mr_Tom said:
    It's 91 desktop and 60 mobile - is it just mobile you want improving?

was 45 for me when i tested it

• FoulFoul Member
    edited May 2019

If only the site wouldn't give me a timeout error

• vovlervovler Member

The biggest issue seems to be it having way too much js

• EddingEdding Member

@Foul
    maybe they alrdy working on the optimisations :)

• nfnnfn Veteran
    edited May 2019

Just disable Cloudflare and setup Litespeed Cache and you eventually get at least 80.

• level6level6 Member

It took 30 seconds to load just now, from east coast, US

• noamannoaman Member

from top of the mind here are the things you could do @AnthonySmith

No need for a developer though

1.Start using minified version of CSS
    2.Merge CSS files to a single file.

and if you have time to spare

3.Add appropriate expiry headers Time to Live 2 Hours is very bad
    4.Add HTTP 2.0 support

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited May 2019

Damn. Page load is pretty slow. Is that on an oversold to hell HDD based server? If so maybe time to migrate it to a better machine with an SSD (is page generation time the main problem? Where exactly is the bottleneck?).

Anyway usual advice: full page caching + nginx properly configured with enough ram so that the kernel can do his job + long cache for your static assets on CF - or give 10 bucks/y to @BunnySpeed - and if you want (not totally necessary in HTTP 2.0 time) merge+minify the js/css that are used on all (or most) pages. Quick, easy and no need to hire anyone.

If you want something better, just hire @eva2000... :wink:

edit: funny, page load can be very, very slow and sometimes it's fairly quick.

Thanked by 1eva2000
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Just as an FYI, while I appreciate all the feedback i was not really looking for a log thread or discussion about it which is why i am wanting to be paying someone else to take care of it :)

I am also only taking offers via PM here.

• donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

Resource Type --- Num Requests

Total -------- 62
    Script --------26
    Third-party -- 23
    Stylesheet --- 13
    Font --------- 8
    Image ------- 6
    Document ---- 2
    Other -------- 7

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited May 2019

@AnthonySmith said:
    Just as an FYI, while I appreciate all the feedback i was not really looking for a log thread or discussion about it which is why i am wanting to be paying someone else to take care of it :)

This is my opinion: there is only one way to fix all issues - recreating same design from scratch (removing completely jquery or unneeded bootstrap styling).

Trying to achieve high score on page speed doesn't mean it works perfectly.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • @alexvolk said:

@AnthonySmith said:

This is my opinion: there is only one way to fix all issues - recreating same design from scratch (removing completely jquery or unneeded bootstrap styling).

Trying to achieve high score on page speed doesn't mean it works perfectly.

Javascript is not that bad. We've made quite a few nuxt.js (vue.js) websites and they get a 95-99 score :)
    We even used some bootstrap parts (not all of it tho, only the needed through scss)

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Pinged on skype.

Thanked by 1level6
  • SkanderSkander Member
    edited May 2019

Are you looking for mobile or desktop work for high 80s/low 90s? or both?

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited May 2019

@luissousa said:
    Javascript is not that bad. We've made quite a few nuxt.js (vue.js) websites and they get a 95-99 score :)
    We even used some bootstrap parts (not all of it tho, only the needed through scss)

You're right vuejs or any other framework are great and extremely fast but not jquery. It's simply impossible to fix jquery modules slowness because jquery on his own slow as hell.

Also scss is also cool as you've pointed - using what components are needed makes compiled css just a few kb.

@BharatB said:
    Pinged on skype.

Thanked by 1imok
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2019

sigh wish there was some kinda ignore option to tags on vanilla.

P.S Anyway Anthony know's my work and has seen it so I don't care anyway.

• @BharatB said:
    sigh wish there was some kinda ignore option to tags on vanilla.

Sure, here you go https://lowendtalk.com/entry/ignore

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@AnthonySmith @imok has done work for me before. Top quality and exactly what was expected with no guidance after initial contact. Delivered very quickly too for what the job was.

• sinsin Member

I just tried visiting it and it's getting hung up with cloudflare for me, css is giving me a 522 error

• imokimok Member

@trewq thanks for the recommendation.

• I believe cdn, files, minification are not the only aspect that will impact the page speed. Some server configuration tweaks are needed as well ranging from caching, compression, redirection, ssl, etc. I did an experiment on my client's website a few months ago and i managed to increase 75 to 90% just by tweaking my nginx gzip, cache expiry, and kill some unwanted backend services without touching any front end codes, it worked like charm.

• AidanAidan Member

AnthonySmith said: I would like to be in the high 80's to low 90's

$500 and I'll get it to load within 90 seconds.

Thanked by 2MasonR imok
This discussion has been closed.