Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedicated server

s4suke7s4suke7 Member

Hi I am looking for a dedicated server to upgarde myself from a reseller.
Please help me find the best provider in the budget : 50$/month or less (excluding cpanel licence)
Diskspace as low as 200 SSD will be alright
Bandwidth : 10 TB
RAM : 8-16GB
Cores : 8 or above

I have 200 users using my service ( in 4 different reseller account), of which there are 100 users having less use or no use of any resources so will be keeping them back to old reseller :)

I am very new to everything, so provider with live support or help will be the best for me. I want to learn and experiment so 😅 if someone can give the first month on some kind of discount gonna be cool for me.

So help me guys to find out a better infrastructure for all the people who are relying upon me to work for them.
Thanks

Comments

• pikepike Veteran

weebs...

• The core count I think is a little unrealistic but an E3-12xx should do more than enough. Check out https://www.reliablesite.net.

• im also looking for something similar currently using multiple reseller from different provider ( buyshared , ramnode , hostmantis ) i was thinking about contabo vps L ssd.

dedi server is must if we want to use it for whm reseller purpose ?

• s4suke7s4suke7 Member

@webclouddev said:
    im also looking for something similar currently using multiple reseller from different provider ( buyshared , ramnode , hostmantis ) i was thinking about contabo vps L ssd.

Have you tried contabo or you just thinking about it ?
    I think for WHM reseller its mandatory

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@s4suke7 said:
    I am very new to everything, so provider with live support or help will be the best for me. I want to learn and experiment so 😅 if someone can give the first month on some kind of discount gonna be cool for me.

This is going to be very hard to do unless someone really needs to sell a server. Managed servers are expensive, and most dedicated server providers won't offer much help (much less live support) for a $50/m physical server.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

You can't expect live support for dedicated servers.

Unless you go with Rackspace, that is. Be prepared to pay 500/m though.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

I am concerned that you want to host clients on a server without RAID.

I can meet those needs though, other than the management/live chat constant support you seem to hint at abusing :-) ...

E3-1270, 16GB, 10TB/1Gbps, 4 cores / 8 threads, 2x240GB SSD w/software RAID1 - $50/month

OR

Dual L5630, 24GB, 10TB/1Gbps, 8 cores / 4 threads, 4x450GB SAS w/hardware RAID-10 - $50/month

WHM/Cpanel license NOT included...

• webclouddev said: i was thinking about contabo vps L ssd.

There's a pretty informative thread on contabo here:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/107757/contabo-review-vps-m-ssd/p1

I suppose contabo offers good specs for their price but bad networking and possibly bad uptime.

I think you can use cpanel/whm on vps as well and it might be cheaper than a dedicated server license.

Thanked by 1webclouddev
  • s4suke7 said: Have you tried contabo or you just thinking about it ?

im in same boat as you first time trying to setup own whm reseller so yes just thinking abou it but i do have small kvm running whm trial just for learning purpose so far so good

• donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

@s4suke7 said:

What you really should do is get an old computer and "learn and experiment" on that until you are beyond the hand-holding stage (your budget is too low to pay for a provider who will teach you how to do things).

• @s4suke7 said:
    Please help me find the best provider in the budget : 50$/month or less (excluding cpanel licence)

I dont think you are able to get similar server with cpanel license at your budget.you have to raise your offer.or go with could solution with cpanel license.

Thanks

• s4suke7s4suke7 Member

@geek2009 said:

@s4suke7 said:

I dont think you are able to get similar server with cpanel license at your budget.you have to raise your offer.or go with could solution with cpanel license.

Thanks

Hi I am looking without a cpanel licence :)

• s4suke7s4suke7 Member

@donli said:

@s4suke7 said:

What you really should do is get an old computer and "learn and experiment" on that until you are beyond the hand-holding stage (your budget is too low to pay for a provider who will teach you how to do things).

Thanks thinking to do same with a old server trying and then migrating everyone after I feel confident on myself

• s4suke7s4suke7 Member

@webclouddev said:

s4suke7 said: Have you tried contabo or you just thinking about it ?

im in same boat as you first time trying to setup own whm reseller so yes just thinking abou it but i do have small kvm running whm trial just for learning purpose so far so good

Great i have thought of the same :)

• s4suke7s4suke7 Member

@SmartHost said:
    I am concerned that you want to host clients on a server without RAID.

I can meet those needs though, other than the management/live chat constant support you seem to hint at abusing :-) ...

E3-1270, 16GB, 10TB/1Gbps, 4 cores / 8 threads, 2x240GB SSD w/software RAID1 - $50/month

OR

Dual L5630, 24GB, 10TB/1Gbps, 8 cores / 4 threads, 4x450GB SAS w/hardware RAID-10 - $50/month

WHM/Cpanel license NOT included...

I am not going to abuse all I wanted was someone who could help me if i make mess 😌 because I am really a noob . Thanks for your offer will think about it and proceed the order asap

• s4suke7s4suke7 Member

@deank said:
    You can't expect live support for dedicated servers.

Unless you go with Rackspace, that is. Be prepared to pay 500/m though.

That will be too expensive will stick to LET providers then

• LyphiardLyphiard Member, Host Rep

We're having a special sale on the following server for $39/month ($44/month if you decide to go with a 250GB SSD instead of HDD):

• 2x Intel Xeon L5640 Processors (6c/12t each, 12c/24t total)
    • 48GB DDR3 ECC Memory
    • 250GB HDD
    • 15TB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps Port
    • /29 IPv4 + /48 IPv6
    • Dallas, TX Location

Order Link: https://nexril.net/order/29/ Promo Code: AQ7HE6AV7D

We're an unmanaged service provider, meaning we wouldn't be able to help you in terms of installing software and managing the server, but we can provide best-effort support on an occasional matter if necessary.

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

I got a few very cheap offers available since we will not bring back online our websites in the next weeks.

Intel Core I7 3930K (6 x 3,2 GHz)
    64 GB DDR3
    2 x 240 GB SSD

50 € per month
    130 € for 3 month

Intel Core I7 4770S (4 x 3,1 GHz)
    32 GB DDR3
    240 GB SSD

35 € per month
    90 € for 3 month

E5 2680v2 (10 x 2,80 - 3,60 GHz)
    128 GB DDR3 ECC
    2 x 1 TB SSD

95 € per month
    240 € for 3 month

All inclusive:
    - one IPv4
    - unlimited IPv6 on request
    - Traffic fair use (10 TB are fine)
    - KVM over IP
    - DDoS Protection
    - NO control panel at the moment
    - located in Germany. Test IP 37.228.150.2

Send me a pm here if you like to order.

• for peace of mind go with managed dedicated instead of unmanaged.
    if you are looking for unmanaged then must hire a third-party server management company also.

• jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited May 2019

Hi,

I can offer you:

Dell M620 dedicated blade server
    - 32GB DDR3 ECC RAM
    - 2 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620
    - 2x 600GB 10K SAS
    - 10TB bandwidth or 50mbit 95%
    - iDrac control panel (Reboot, virtual console etc.)
    - 1 IPv4 address (extra IPv4: 1,- euro per IPv4)
    - Located in The Netherlands
    - DDoS protection possible

For €49,95 per month

Dell M610 dedicated blade server
    - 32GB DDR3 ECC RAM
    - 2 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5570
    - 1x 240GB SSD
    - 10TB bandwidth or 50mbit 95%
    - iDrac control panel (Reboot, virtual console etc.)
    - 1 IPv4 address (extra IPv4: 1,- euro per IPv4)
    - Located in The Netherlands
    - DDoS protection possible

For €39,95 per month

We can help you with small configrations and tips. We can install and configure your applications for our remote hands rate (€12,50 per 15 minutes)

Business information
    Customer panel: https://clients.finalhosting.nl

KvK number (Dutch business registration): 54033721
    VAT number: NL226260471B01

Mail: [email protected]
    Create a ticket: Here
    Phone number: +31 85 10 52 790

Test IP: 185.211.51.1
    Test IP (DDoS protected): 151.80.54.129

• Running your own town now, Mr. Mayor? You should buy your own hardware and do a colo instead of renting. That way you could use the extra $$ for other software licenses (owned is best for long term). Let us know which server/provider you end up buying.

• s4suke7s4suke7 Member

@Lyphiard said:
    We're having a special sale on the following server for $39/month ($44/month if you decide to go with a 250GB SSD instead of HDD):

• 48GB DDR3 ECC Memory
    • 250GB HDD
    • /29 IPv4 + /48 IPv6
    • Dallas, TX Location

We're an unmanaged service provider, meaning we wouldn't be able to help you in terms of installing software and managing the server, but we can provide best-effort support on an occasional matter if necessary.

Do you also provide DDOS Protection?

• s4suke7s4suke7 Member

@sudoranger said:
    Running your own town now, Mr. Mayor? You should buy your own hardware and do a colo instead of renting. That way you could use the extra $$ for other software licenses (owned is best for long term). Let us know which server/provider you end up buying.

I will let you know asap :)

• LyphiardLyphiard Member, Host Rep

@s4suke7 said:

@Lyphiard said:

• 48GB DDR3 ECC Memory
    • 250GB HDD
    • /29 IPv4 + /48 IPv6
    • Dallas, TX Location

Yes, we have best-effort DDoS protection, which is able to block most common attacks, included with all services.

• s4suke7s4suke7 Member

@Lyphiard said:

@s4suke7 said:

@Lyphiard said:

• 48GB DDR3 ECC Memory
    • 250GB HDD
    • /29 IPv4 + /48 IPv6
    • Dallas, TX Location

Yes, we have best-effort DDoS protection, which is able to block most common attacks, included with all services.

Ordered :)

Thanked by 2sudoranger Lyphiard
  • ckrckr Member
    edited May 2019

You can try the hetzner server as your requirement