Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virpus May Savings | 65% off for LIFE all Linux and Windows Pure SSD Plans | Starting at $1.75/mo!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virpus May Savings | 65% off for LIFE all Linux and Windows Pure SSD Plans | Starting at $1.75/mo!

VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep
edited May 2019 in Offers

Virpus is a leading provider in Xen VPS Hosting and Bare Metal Cloud servers since 2006. We provide reliable industry leading virtualized solutions and services matched with unparalleled 24/7 support. Please check out our SSD Cache VPS, Pure SSD VPS, and Bare Metal Cloud Servers!

THE OFFER:
For a limited time only, take 65% off for life all Linux and Windows SSD servers! Orders include: IPv4 + IPv6 - SSD RAID 10 - Xen Virtualization- FREE Basic DDoS Protection - Seattle based -

*** Use Promo may19 ***

Linux Specs:
---- Core 2 - Ram 512MB - SSD Disk 15GB - BW 1.5TB - $1.75/month - Order Now

---- Core 4 - Ram 1GB - SSD Disk 30GB - BW 3TB - $2.45/month - Order Now

---- Core 6 - Ram 2GB - SSD Disk 60GB - BW 4TB - $5.25/month - Order Now

---- + PLENTY OF MORE OPTIONS!

Looking for Windows? We have that too!

Sincerely, The Virpus Team

Comments

• why nobody comment or at least asking something everytime @Virpus make a thread?

:neutral: suspicious..

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • donlidonli Member

@cybersans said:
    why nobody comment or at least asking something everytime @Virpus make a thread?

Suspicious how? I'll ask something - Debian 9 or Ubuntu 16 available?

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • Same offer, same style

• VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

@donli said:

@cybersans said:
    why nobody comment or at least asking something everytime @Virpus make a thread?

Yes, both are available within the VPS control panel.

• miumiu Member

test IPv4?

• donlidonli Member

@Virpus said:

@donli said:

Ok thanks. They're not available as choices in the initial configuration when you purchase a VPS.

@donli said:

@Virpus said:

@donli said:

Ok thanks. They're not available as choices in the initial configuration when you purchase a VPS.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll ask a dev to add these to the order form. In the meantime, you can reload to this OS within our VPS control panel :)

• zomby1zomby1 Member

Hello!
    There is other location ? EU? asia?
    If not , you can do it?

• donlidonli Member

@Virpus said:

@donli said:

@Virpus said:

@donli said:

Thanks for the heads up, I'll ask a dev to add these to the order form. In the meantime, you can reload to this OS within our VPS control panel :)

Thanks. One more thing for the developers. You have this ad running on LowEndBox:

when someone clicks on it the URL is malformed and doesn't work it contains "www.www"

https://www.www.virpus.com/

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited May 2019

@Virpus Don't think they like me. :-|
    Thought I'd give them a second chance, after really screwing up my previous order and slow Support. This time I have a PayPal error and still slow Support. Hmm.

@donli said:

@Virpus said:

@donli said:

@Virpus said:

@donli said:

Thanks. One more thing for the developers. You have this ad running on LowEndBox:

when someone clicks on it the URL is malformed and doesn't work it contains "www.www"

https://www.www.virpus.com/

Fixed now, thanks for pointing that out :)

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @Virpus Don't think they like me. :-|
    Thought I'd give them a second chance, after really screwing up my previous order and slow Support. This time I have a PayPal error and still slow Support. Hmm.

Please submit a ticket to our billing department. It sounds like you may have cancelled a Paypal billing agreement that we still have linked to your account

• @Virpus said:
    Please submit a ticket to our billing department. It sounds like you may have cancelled a Paypal billing agreement that we still have linked to your account

First thing I did was to raise a Ticket, of course! Finally got a reply, cancelling the 1st attempt, then 2nd attempt failed. Your explanation sounds plausible, though why that wasn't communicated in the Ticket, Hell knows. Probably needs another 20 hours, or so for further progress on the Ticket (#765700 - PayPal Error). :-/
    Yes, it's an ultra cheap deal but that shouldn't prevent relatively simple tasks/issues being acted upon in a timely fashion, IMHO.

• zomby1zomby1 Member

@zomby1 said:
    Hello!
    There is other location ? EU? asia?
    If not , you can do it?

Waiting for replay

edited May 2019

@zomby1 said:
    Waiting for replay (sic)

Good luck with the reply, I'm still not fixed up by @Virpus 'Support', so in my case it is a replay. ;-)

• zomby1zomby1 Member

@AlwaysSkint said:

@zomby1 said:
    Waiting for replay (sic)

Good luck with the reply, I'm still not fixed up by @Virpus 'Support', so in my case it is a replay. ;-)

Good luck. wow....

• Still unable to pay the invoice, so have asked for a cancellation again. I've "made do" with existing services (my own VM on a dedi, from fabulous Unreal Servers BF deal ).

@Virpus Once bitten, twice shy, third time - forget it. Plenty other providers. :-/
    [Hustle (speed) Scale: UK>France>Spain>....>Arizona>..>Seattle? :p]

edited June 2019

@Virpus What an incompetent bunch of losers!
    Invoice still wasn't cancelled yesterday, so I raised a new Ticket. Today I get a reply saying that it's all sorted..
    They added a late fee of five bucks and set the service to Pending.
    They're havin' a giraffe!
    They make W00t look incredible. :-/

Thanked by 1uptime

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @Virpus What an incompetent bunch of losers!
    Invoice still wasn't cancelled yesterday, so I raised a new Ticket. Today I get a reply saying that it's all sorted..
    They added a late fee of five bucks and set the service to Pending.
    They're havin' a giraffe!
    They make W00t look incredible. :-/

Can you please ping me your invoice ID? I'd be happy to take a look for you

• level6level6 Member

VirPus is one > @cybersans said:

OK here's another comment. The name Virpus. Any other native English speakers find this name to be a little ... unsettling?

Remove the "p" from the name and you get -

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @level6 said:

OK here's another comment. The name Virpus. Any other native English speakers find this name to be a little ... unsettling?

Remove the "p" from the name and you get -

It's a short-form of Virulent pus - what you get when lancing an giant abscess.
    Very apt. :-/

• @Virpus said:
    Can you please ping me your invoice ID? I'd be happy to take a look for you

A week after my acerbic comment!
    Virpus can't even trace what's gone on from the previously posted Ticket ID. The invoice was finally cancelled, after a few days (4th June), only once the other Ticket had been opened.

Would you trust your VPS to be hosted by this lot? You have been warned.

Thanked by 2level6 FrankZ
  • donlidonli Member

@level6 said:

It sounds like some bad news a doctor would give you - "I'm afraid you have some severe virpus".

Thanked by 1level6
  • Promo code still work? Let me know I’ll snag the svm-8 or svm-4 for a project :wink:

• donlidonli Member

@ThresherHost said:
    Promo code still work? Let me know I’ll snag the svm-8 or svm-4 for a project :wink:

Never ask first just try it 'cause maybe they forgot to disable it.

• Good advice. I’ll keep you posted :smiley:

• Good luck with hosting your project!

• AlwaysSkint said: Good luck with hosting your project!

This one will be used for a project outside of hosting.... It'll need good uptime for sure but I shouldn't need any support so I suspect I'll be just fine <3

• zomby1zomby1 Member

@ThresherHost said:

AlwaysSkint said: Good luck with hosting your project!

This one will be used for a project outside of hosting.... It'll need good uptime for sure but I shouldn't need any support so I suspect I'll be just fine <3

How this company? you paid for managed vps?

• zomby1 said: How this company? you paid for managed vps?

>

Unmanaged here - So far so good. I've only had it a couple days. You'll need to watch for another promo because the code no longer works but they run this deal on/off from the looks of it! VPS hosted in Seattle, Washington FYI.