Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Again, Scaleway offering 100 EURO credit for new customers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Again, Scaleway offering 100 EURO credit for new customers

Hi guys,

100 EURO credit for new customers until June 1
https://console.scaleway.com/register

Comments

• Jona4sJona4s Member
    edited May 2019

And early access of new Baremetal E3-1240 v6 - 4 Cores 3,7GHz with KVMIP Remote access.

I think it's a free preview for a month, until they announce price.

Also: ".. and wider range of 100% dedicated hardware"

• Adam1Adam1 Member

"This €100 credit can be used on all products until Jun 1, 2019."

Does this mean that I would need to use all of the 100 eur before 1st June? or could I register before 1st June and use it slowly over an extended time? (I'm suspecting the former)

• @Adam1 said:

Does this mean that I would need to use all of the 100 eur before 1st June? or could I register before 1st June and use it slowly over an extended time? (I'm suspecting the former)

You have to spend 100 euro before June 1, then it will expire.

Thanked by 1Adam1
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited May 2019

You dont have to spend 100€ before 1. June, you can test their services up to a limit of 100€ before 1. June.

• vishvish Member

I'm currently using the credit on one of these instances:

Here's a passmark for anyone interested:

• @tonyapac said:

@Adam1 said:

You have to spend 100 euro before June 1, then it will expire.

but the billing time is base on the hours the due date is monthly how to use this 100 eur?

• @pike said:
    You dont have to spend 100€ before 1. June, you can test their services up to a limit of 100€ before 1. June.

You know you're on LET right?

Wouldn't be surprised if someone sets up a hosting company using this credit lol

Thanked by 2pike BeardyUnixGuy
  • They still don't offer paypal. So not interested.

• donlidonli Member

@hostnoob said:

@pike said:

You know you're on LET right?

Wouldn't be surprised if someone sets up a hosting company using this credit lol

Think of it as "free start-up capital".

• levnodelevnode Member

@blackjack4494 said:
    They still don't offer paypal. So not interested.

They definitely do.

• HaxHax Member

@levnode said:

@blackjack4494 said:

They definitely do.

Online does, Scaleway doesn't.

• @Doutei said:

@levnode said:

@blackjack4494 said:

They definitely do.

Online does, Scaleway doesn't.

Everyday, the acceptance of PayPal by Scaleway/Online varies depending on multiple factors: euro-dollar exchange rate, paypal fees, how sunny it is in France, @Amitz's hairstyle, the color of @angstrom's socks and the level of trolling on LET.

If Scaleway/Online aren't accepting PayPal today, then you can always try again tomorrow.

Seriously though, I'm so sick of their PayPal drama. They should either accept it, or not.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • They used to accept it after you made your first payment with sepa or cc. But that's what I don't want. Later they didn't allow new-ish customer to choose paypal as payment method after first payment. It was or still is (I dunno) dependent on the support guy you are texting to..

Their decision not to support paypal because first they claimed there is too much fraud connected with paypal (yeah right cc had never issues with fraud) and then later they said people will probably do too many chargebacks... I wonder how all those businesses accepting paypal survives then