Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am looking dedicated server storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I am looking dedicated server storage

Hello everyone,
I am starting files sharing business.
And would like looking for dedicated server with
Minimum : 8tb HDD
Ram : 4 GB at least
E1240 up to
100 tb bandwidth in 10 GB port or 1gb but on premium.
For located has good ping into vietnam ( main user over there)

My prices around 150 USD

Thanks

Thanked by 1Janevski

Comments

• mrclownmrclown Member

I think OVH SG might be suitable with upgrade on their port but not 1Gbps for that price. Or otherwise hetzner (DE) if you don't mind slightly more latency.

Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL leeooing
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited May 2019

Get a slice!
    2dedi core/8GB for $30/mo + 8tb slab $40/mo
    or
    4dedi core/16GB for $60/mo + 8tb slab for $40/mo

@Francisco mentioned he's fine with 100~150TB for the $60 plan. Not sure about the $30 one. He will also semi-manage your VPS for the 8+GB plans

Do your speedtest before ordering

If you do sign up, please consider using my link :)

Thanked by 1leeooing
  • williewillie Member
    edited May 2019

leeooing said: >Hello everyone,

@deank

Thanked by 1uptime
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2019

OVH, Hetzner maybe, besides Hetzner does not like specific File Sharing or Torrent content.

https://robot.your-server.de/order/marketConfirm/1007425/culture/en_/country/OTHER
    12TB, 3.08 EUR per TB, 36.97 EUR total.

Thanked by 1willie
  • williewillie Member

Holy cow, that's an auction server? Do they show up at that price regularly? I'm behind the times, and should get one and cancel a bunch of other stuff.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

My gut tells me a German provider for a file sharing service won't go well.

Thanked by 1leeooing
  • NiPlexNiPlex Member

Hetzner.

Thanked by 2leeooing Hetzner_OL
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

@williee, you are getting old. That's what it is.

Thanked by 1leeooing
  • leeooing said: Hello everyone,

Do you have a white bathrobe?

I sincerely wish you success, good luck! Just be prepared for any eventuality along the way.

• sudorangersudoranger Member
    edited May 2019

@mrclown said:
    I think OVH SG might be suitable with upgrade on their port but not 1Gbps for that price. Or otherwise hetzner (DE) if you don't mind slightly more latency.

Stay away from OVH SG. They only allow 1 project by default and you need to open a ticket for additional projects with proper justification. Speaking from experience, the reason I got rejected because I was a new customer (requested within the same week I got my first VPS). I left a few days later. I'd rather use DO for that fact. Most probably they
    were scared you would abuse their IP because of your reputation as a new customer or force you to share the resource. Btw, I'm paying not a freeloader so this kind of treatment is unacceptable. It's like renting a hotel room but not allowed to bring my girlfriends (more than one) in without asking permission from the hotel staff.

Edit: Nevermind, it seems that you want to run a file sharing business. So, in your case a single project is considerably enough.

• @SirFoxy said:
    My gut tells me a German provider for a file sharing service won't go well.

I know sometime hard to accept file sharing. but this is modern that everyone need to share thing

• Right now. can i see Hetzner is the good choice

• Personally, I would stay away from Hetzner just because of their bandwidth limitations, but that's just my opinion. If their bandwidth limitations fit within your parameters, by all means, consider them.

Thanked by 1leeooing
  • NiPlexNiPlex Member

@conradrock said:
    Personally, I would stay away from Hetzner just because of their bandwidth limitations, but that's just my opinion. If their bandwidth limitations fit within your parameters, by all means, consider them.

What limitations? 1gbit quaranteed, unlimited?

• @conradrock said:
    Personally, I would stay away from Hetzner just because of their bandwidth limitations, but that's just my opinion. If their bandwidth limitations fit within your parameters, by all means, consider them.

I believe I will said the same thing as @deank.. @conradrock you are getting old..

Thanked by 2deank leeooing
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

conradrock said: bandwidth limitations

Did you miss the good news? :smile: We changed our traffic and bandwidth policy a while ago. All dedicated servers have a 1Gbit uplink and unlilmited traffic (with a few exceptions).
    Here's more info: https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Traffic/en
    --Julia, Marketing

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

@leeooing said:
    Hello everyone,
    And would like looking for dedicated server with
    Minimum : 8tb HDD
    Ram : 4 GB at least
    E1240 up to
    100 tb bandwidth in 10 GB port or 1gb but on premium.
    For located has good ping into vietnam ( main user over there)

My prices around 150 USD

Thanks

Please check our High Storage Range Here

• williewillie Member

Transfer speed from Hetzner to VN is likely to be far below 1gbps, but you could spin up a cloud server and give it a try.

Thanked by 1leeooing