Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner now supports /25 and /24 subnets
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner now supports /25 and /24 subnets

NiPlexNiPlex Member
edited May 2019 in General

Just saw that, all new info to me. Pricing is over 100 euros for that subnet though. Great news, now their big servers can be used for something.

One additional IP with costs (Price (monthly): € 0.84 / Setup (once): € 0.00)
One failover IP (Price (monthly): € 4.20 / Setup (once): € 0.00)
One additional subnet /29 (Price (monthly): € 6.72 / Setup (once): € 0.00)
One additional subnet /28 (Price (monthly): € 13.45 / Setup (once): € 0.00)
One additional subnet /27 (Price (monthly): € 26.89 / Setup (once): € 0.00)
One additional subnet /26 (Price (monthly): € 53.78 / Setup (once): € 0.00)
One additional subnet /25 (Price (monthly): € 107.56 / Setup (once): € 0.00)
Thanked by 1Aidan

Comments

• pikepike Veteran
    edited May 2019

According to that page they also do /24 for 215,13€/m.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • NiPlexNiPlex Member

Probably rolling it out as we speak then. Im pretty sure the /26 and /25 wasnt possible to order just a few hours ago when i got a /28 for one of my servers

• williewillie Member

What's the difference between a regular ip and a failover ip?

• TripleflixTripleflix Member
    edited May 2019

@willie said:
    What's the difference between a regular ip and a failover ip?

do you really need a lmgtfy link..?

• 0x650x65 Member

I wish Hetzner start a Bring Your IP Space program for dedicated and cloud servers. (Yeah I know it is possible with colocation)

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hello everyone, it's true :smile: Since yesterday we offer these additional IPv4 adresses:
    https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/IP-Adressen/en.

willie said: What's the difference between a regular ip and a failover ip?

Basically, a failover IP or subnet can be moved from one server to another in only a few seconds. Here's our Wiki article about failover IPs that may also be helpful: https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Failover/en

0x65 said: I wish Hetzner start a Bring Your IP Space program for dedicated and cloud servers.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll forward your wish to our team.
    --Julia, Marketing

Thanked by 1FHR
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2019

Nice, but what about IPv6, you may plan to assign a /56 or /48 to each dedicated?
    That would be another plus point compared to OVH.

@Hetzner_OL

Thanked by 4Tr33n v3ng maverickp ucxo
  • @Neoon said: IPv6, you may plan to assign a /56 or /48 to each dedicated?

Exactly.

@Hetzner_OL - it would also be great if at least you could bundle in an additional /64 subnet for every additional IP purchase at least.

• @Neoon said:
    Nice, but what about IPv6, you may plan to assign a /56 or /48 to each dedicated?
    That would be another plus point compared to OVH.

For about 50 ish eur incl vat you can get a /56 . Ask support.

You could get an additional /56 ipv6 subnet, that cost € 41.18 one time fee (excl. VAT)
    Please confirm the costs if you want the /56 IPv6 subnet.

Thanked by 2FHR Hetzner_OL
  • chlapekchlapek Member

@Hetzner_OL How about to make failover portfolio cheaper? Like a lot cheaper?

I mean, ovh (sys) has 16 failovers to server for one time fee (~1€/failover) and then it's free.
    On the other hand hetzner has 1× failover ~5€/month.

This is actually the only reason we don't move all of our servers from ovh to hetzner.

I don't want to be offensive, just a little suggestion from your customer :)

Thanked by 1Zurg
  • williewillie Member

Hetzner_OL said: >Basically, a failover IP or subnet can be moved from one server to another in only a few seconds.

Ah ok, I thought that was a standard feature of additional IP addresses. It would be nice anyway.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Neoon said: Nice, but what about IPv6, you may plan to assign a /56 or /48 to each dedicated?

It's true. We offer a /56 for our dedicated root servers for a one-time fee of € 41.18. You can request that in a support ticket.

chlapek said: @Hetzner_OL How about to make failover portfolio cheaper? Like a lot cheaper?

I understand your wish for cheaper failover IPs and I appreciate your honesty. I see that in your reference you talk about a bundle of failover IPs. According to our network team, this is not possible for us to offer at the moment. Unlike other providers, we have to consider every IP/subnets seperately.
    Regarding the prices for our failover IPs, I will gladly forward your wish to our pricing department where they can discuss reducing prices.
    Thanks again for your feedback. We appreciate it! :)

--Julia, Marketing