Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coolest Windows Terminal Release Video I've Ever (Only) Seen
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Coolest Windows Terminal Release Video I've Ever (Only) Seen

sureiamsureiam Member
edited May 2019 in General

Windows is releasing a unified terminal to control cmd, powershell, and their linux on windows feature.

blog post:
https://devblogs.microsoft.com/commandline/introducing-windows-terminal/

When can I get my hands on it?
As of today, the Windows Terminal and Windows Console have been made open source and you can clone, build, run, and test the code from the repository on GitHub: https://github.com/Microsoft/Terminal

This summer in 2019, Windows Terminal previews will be released to the Microsoft Store for early adopters to use and provide feedback.

This winter in 2019, our goal is to launch Windows Terminal 1.0 and we’ll work with the community to ensure it’s ready before we release!

Thanked by 2muffin jureve

Comments

• muffinmuffin Member
    edited May 2019

Lovely, might switch from hyper. Though, release date is summer : (

• donlidonli Member

Did they hire the same ad agency that Apple uses?

• jurevejureve Member

Nice release! But I don't use Windows! :tongue:

• donlidonli Member

@jureve said:

Maybe not today and maybe not tomorrow but sometime in the future, you will.

Thanked by 1jureve
  • sureiamsureiam Member

@donli said:

@jureve said:

Maybe not today and maybe not tomorrow but sometime in the future, you will.

truth, I've switched back and forth. I skipped about half of windows 7 except for work. But windows 10 really is stable AF and developed quite well. Hardware support is also amazingly strong.

Only thing I miss from Linux based OS is a good compiz theme customization ability.

Thanked by 1jureve