Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU KVM/OVZ VPS: 2GB-RAM,3TB+BW/mon,30GB+Disk,1GbpsUpLnk,for$25/$17orBelow?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EU KVM/OVZ VPS: 2GB-RAM,3TB+BW/mon,30GB+Disk,1GbpsUpLnk,for$25/$17orBelow?

Hi, for California-USA based person+business, requesting either a KVM VPS or a OVZ VPS from EU location.

VPS/VZ-1 : VZ-Type: OpenVZ , Number of CPU Cores: 2 or more ,
RAM: 2GB , Disk Space: 25GB or more , Disk Type: SSD ,
Bandwidth: 3TB or more , Port Speed: 1Gbps or more ,
DDoS-Protection: Not needed but better if available ,
Number of IPv4s: 1 , Number of IPv6s: 30 ( Mail, DDNS, etc server-apps ) ,
Must Set IPv4+IPv6's PTR/Reverse-DNS ( to match our ~10 domains ) ,
Budget: USD $17/year or lower , Billing period: Yearly (via Paypal/Alipay).
i would prefer not-oversold/not-crowded vps node.

VPS/VZ-2 : VZ-Type: KVM , Number of CPU Cores: 2 or more ,
RAM: 2GB DDR , Disk Space: 35GB or more , Disk Type: SSD ,
Bandwidth: 3TB or more , Port Speed: 1Gbps or more ,
DDoS-Protection: Not needed but better if available ,
Number of IPv4s: 1 , Number of IPv6s: 30 ( Mail, DDNS, etc server-apps ) ,
Must Set IPv4+IPv6's PTR/Reverse-DNS ( to match our ~10 domains ) ,
Budget: USD $25/year or lower , Billing period: Yearly (via Paypal/Alipay).

thanks in advance, for your offer/info

Comments

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited May 2019

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Hetzner yet.

EDIT2:

Though at €2.50 per month (call it maybe about $36 per year) they are above your requested budget.

And (for the €2.50 KVM) with a single core and 20 GB disk space, not meeting your requested spec except for the 2 GB ram and > 3 TB traffic (you get 20 TB per month with 1 Gbit port).

But they are hard to beat for specs and quality at that price ...

Will be interesting to see other suggestions coming in at under $25 annual (maybe possible with deep discount promotional price on Black Friday, otherwise ... I dunno.)

Obligatory: "Good luck with your budget!"

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • for this budget, strongly recommend LEB

• uptimeuptime Member

^ @cybertech that's a cruel joke I think?

OP wants VPS for business purposes, not a cheap education in the school of hard knocks :)

Thanked by 2cybertech vimalware
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited May 2019

@uptime said:
    ^ @cybertech that's a cruel joke I think?

OP wants VPS for business purposes, not a cheap education in the school of hard knocks :)

in that case , OP might want to up his budget for business uses

First-Root for their focus on reliability
    Hetzner just because
    UltraVPS.eu solid responsive boxes regardless SSD or SAS and very good prices

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited May 2019

Agreed. Of the above mentioned (First-Root, Hetzner, and UltraVPS) I see closest match to requested specs with First-Root's "Power Start" which provides 2 cores, 2 GB ram, 80 GB ssd, and 5 TB traffic for a little over $50 annually (assuming annual payment and no VAT). So that's basically double the OP's requested budget.

Hetzner 2 core KVM is €4.90 per month (with 4 GB ram and 40 GB SSD) - no discount for annual payment - so about $70 per year. (Almost triple OP's budget.)

UltraVPS.eu provides great value and reliable service - but their standard offers in this price range seem to limit the traffic allotment at 2 TB, so I don't know how that would work - maybe use a couple of the smaller plans ?

EDIT2: see the post by @vimalware below - excellent special offer from ultraVPS.eu comes with 5 TB traffic, and meets or exceeds all other specs. (100 GB storage is ZFS array, I've tested it to observe reliable sequential write speed over 370 MB/s to LVM on LUKS - should even be a bit faster writing directly to a partition - so equivalent or better than many SSD offerings) - annual cost would be about $38. Looks like a winner all around so far.

EDIT3:

Anyway there are plenty of decent options once the budget approaches something like $60.

But OP is asking for $25 and hoping "not oversold" ...? Paying annually for a "moon-on-a-stick" deal seems like a good way to end up wasting money and buying a more expensive (that is, realistically priced) plan later anyway.

@atErik please indulge us - with all due respect - how did you arrive at those rather specific numbers for your budget?

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited May 2019

No exact match non-UK KVM for you for that budget.
    Increase budget to 8.1 EUR/quarter (0%VAT for US buyer) and you get this steal of an ultravps.eu deal (if there is still stock):
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/157098/special-offers-2-vcpus-4-gb-ram-100-gb-hdd-3-33-eur-4-vcpus-8-gb-ram-200-gb-hdd-6-66-eur/p1

If you can make do with 15GB nvme SSD, AlphaVps seems to have stock for their London/Bulgaria specials at 25EUR/yr:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153949/alphavps-cybermonday-sales-on-ovz-kvm-storage-and-dedicated-servers/p1
    P.S: Their london is in Clouvider network.

Thanked by 2uptime atErik
  • atErikatErik Member
    edited May 2019

Our last EU vps provider from Sweden refused (Feb-2019) to renew our old VPS deal after we missed 1 yearly payment by 1day, to me it appeared that the provider is wrapping-up my-type of deals and now into other type of VPS/hosting deals.
    Here in California,USA we provide various tech-support services, we will not be doing those for EUropeans,
    But as we are also developing few projects in side, we need working EU-servers for EU persons/members, to comply with various EU rules.
    While discussing various price-ranges & resource-ranges of VPSes, a user in freenode IRC chan (few weeks earlier) said VPS with mentioned-specs should be available, few other users there also agreed. So i tried 1st on LEB, but my (weak) efforts were not successful,
    as i can see user:vimalware already found+shown almost very close/similar deals, though not-exact or better, THANKS anyway.
    While i'm checking mentioned deals (THANKS) & sites, i will wait for more offers/info.
    tia

Thanked by 1uptime