Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Additional IPs Config HELP! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Additional IPs Config HELP!

2»

Comments

• xlucasonepvpxlucasonepvp Member
    edited May 2019

edit: i got software raid, i did wrong

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited May 2019

mount what? there is no mount in n e t w o r k ... 🤣

or do you mean in rescue? depending on your setup (sw-raid obviously) you need to mount /dev/mdX rather than a single partition that's only part of the raid-array.

cat /proc/mdstat

might give a clue.

you really should try to learn and understand what you are doing first. if you are just looking at random howtos or for readymade solutions you'll never be able to fix things if something breaks.

what do you want to achieve anyway? you know that you will need the main IP still for the hypervisor and the addon IP for the guest. so you still are stuck with one machine - why virtualize then at all?

NAT of course is a way for more machines, but hell, that's going to be a long way to learn 😆

• FalzoFalzo Member

btw: you don't/shouldn't need to define eth0, ens2p0 or whatever the device is called in /etc/network/interfaces, I usually leave it in there set to manual and give no further details. then you define the bridge and bridge it to the device. for a bridged setup that's it.

a full /etc/network/interfaces could look something like this:

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback
    iface lo inet6 loopback

iface enp2s0 inet manual

# default bridge
    auto vmbr0
    iface vmbr0 inet static
      address 148.123.45.67
      netmask 255.255.255.255
      pointopoint 148.123.45.1
      gateway 148.123.45.1
      bridge_ports enp2s0
      bridge_stp off
      bridge_fd 1
      bridge_hello 2
      bridge_maxage 12

iface vmbr0 inet6 static
      address 2a01:123:456:789::1
      netmask 64
      gateway fe80::1

Thanked by 1xlucasonepvp
  • @Falzo said:
    btw: you don't/shouldn't need to define eth0, ens2p0 or whatever the device is called in /etc/network/interfaces, I usually leave it in there set to manual and give no further details. then you define the bridge and bridge it to the device. for a bridged setup that's it.

a full /etc/network/interfaces could look something like this:

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*
    > 
    > auto lo
    > iface lo inet loopback
    > iface lo inet6 loopback
    > 
    > iface enp2s0 inet manual
    > 
    > # default bridge
    > auto vmbr0
    > iface vmbr0 inet static
    >   address 148.123.45.67
    >   netmask 255.255.255.255
    >   pointopoint 148.123.45.1
    >   gateway 148.123.45.1
    >   bridge_ports enp2s0
    >   bridge_stp off
    >   bridge_fd 1
    >   bridge_hello 2
    >   bridge_maxage 12
    > 
    > iface vmbr0 inet6 static
    >   address 2a01:123:456:789::1
    >   netmask 64
    >   gateway fe80::1
    > 

THANK YOU!!! :D
    Now, i am going to install a virtual machine (debian for example) and write Virutal MAC in that network config? right? :)

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited May 2019

@xlucasonepvp said:

@Falzo said:

THANK YOU!!! :D
    Now, i am going to install a virtual machine (debian for example) and write Virutal MAC in that network config? right? :)

you want to put the virtual mac in the appropriate field in the proxmox control panel while setting up the guest, yes ;-)

PS: debian for the guest is a good start to try, as the interfaces file is easier to setup (in my opinion) - just be aware that the netinst/iso usually don't get network connection during the install with that kind of setup, so you need to go for a very minimal install and edit it in proxmox VNC console after the VM is up and running.

• @Falzo
    (this has nothing to networking to do but) when I VNC it refreshes every second xD

• is it able to fix that?

• FalzoFalzo Member

no idea, probably a browser-related issue? which browser and extensions are you using?

Thanked by 1xlucasonepvp
  • @Falzo said:
    no idea, probably a browser-related issue? which browser and extensions are you using?

THANK YOU!!!

• FalzoFalzo Member

you're welcome ;-)

for centos+virt-manager it more or less will be the same, I just can't be bothered to look into the network config files for that. debian. thx.

Thanked by 1xlucasonepvp
  • @Falzo said:
    you're welcome ;-)

for centos+virt-manager it more or less will be the same, I just can't be bothered to look into the network config files for that. debian. thx.

do you know how to remove a vm?

• FalzoFalzo Member

sure. stop the VM and then select more/remove from upper right corner in the panel:

Thanked by 1xlucasonepvp