Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Webhosting is down for more than 24 hours
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Webhosting is down for more than 24 hours

nicheniche Member

For one server, Downtown webhosting is down for more than 24 hours and they said they are fixing the problem, they have not specified the type of problem. Does anyone know what kind of webhosting related problem will take more than 24 hours for fixing

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Hardware failure, software failure, human failure, or a combination of those. Take your backups and move elsewhere if you're unhappy with the service. Vote with your wallet.

Thanked by 1MrPsycho
  • nicheniche Member

Does it take more than 24 hours to fix the hardware problem

• WolfWolf Member

@niche said:
    For one server, Downtown webhosting is down for more than 24 hours and they said they are fixing the problem, they have not specified the type of problem. Does anyone know what kind of webhosting related problem will take more than 24 hours for fixing

For a reputable provider? None I suppose. Esp. without upfront or any kind of communication. Do what @KuJoe said.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@niche said:

If they needed to order replacement hardware or migrate all of the data to a new server then possibly.

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

@niche said:

You pay for what you get. SLA resolve time within 24 hours is in my option good enough.

• nicheniche Member

@joeri said:

@niche said:

You pay for what you get. SLA resolve time within 24 hours is in my option good enough.

I am paying a very good rate , yet they are not replying

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

@niche said:

@joeri said:

@niche said:

I am paying a very good rate , yet they are not replying

Migrate to a new hosting company if you are unhappy with them

• HindiHindi Member

Well, things can go wrong with any provider. my fav : buyshared too had some issues, but the important thing is how they resolve it and how honest are they...with their clients.

@Francisco is outstanding. Very helpful and honest provider.

if you had good experience with your current host ( support / uptime ) so far, give them a chance else move on.

I recommend you buyshared and vpshared. extremely good providers.

• Time to get your own dedi at Hetzner.

• AmitzAmitz Member

So Downtown Hosting turned to Downtime Hosting?

• donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

Clearly you should have went with Uptown webhosting.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • level6level6 Member
    edited May 2019

From their site - "At Downtown Host, we do not just strive to give our customers the very best service, but we also ensure that they get the best quality for that service. This is why we always guarantee nothing less than 99.99% uptime."

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited May 2019

Just because a dude says a granite rock he found on the ground is a sparkling diamond, it does not mean it's actually a diamond.

The moral of the shit? Don't always believe what you read on the internet.

If some kid claims that his hosting company is number 1 in the world, add eight zeroes to that claim.

If someone claims he is earning 100,000 a month, remove three zeroes.

People lie.