Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any experience with Hostyd (shared/reseller hosting)?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any experience with Hostyd (shared/reseller hosting)?

level6level6 Member
edited April 2019 in Providers

Has anyone used shared hosting from these guys? I'm looking to add a low cost, decent quality host for some WP sites. I visit a DC in the same town on occasion, and maybe the same one.

Hostyd has lots of stellar reviews on the web, which doesn't mean much.

I searched but found nothing on LET, other than post the representative from HostYD.

Thanks!

~EDIT: removed names of other providers

Comments

• can't tell if srs or seo

• So visit the DC and soak your head.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • level6level6 Member
    edited April 2019

This is not for SEO. For all I know they are horrible. Just want to know. I'm wary of too many positive reviews from Google. Nothing much on Reddit or or WHT. I removed ".com" from the title which is incorrect.

• @Letzien said:
    So visit the DC and soak your head.

I had my thumb injured in a recent accident and can't get entrance until the bandages come off.

Thanked by 1Letzien
  • ehabehab Member

@Letzien said:
    So visit the DC and soak your head.

your words always surprises me.

Thanked by 1level6
  • The reviews look bought/fake and they use a .org domain lol. Their pricing also doesn't look that good compared to the other options you mentioned. How did you find this company if they have no exposure anywhere???

• level6level6 Member
    edited April 2019

@smallbibi said:
    The reviews look bought/fake and they use a .org domain lol. Their pricing also doesn't look that good compared to the other options you mentioned. How did you find this company if they have no exposure anywhere???

No exposure anywhere...no exposure here, and that's why I'm asking. Mentioned on Reddit - r/webdev but not discussed. I loved the idea (low latencey potential) of a provider so close geographically. The org domain is kind of skanky, I noticed that.

OK you guys convinced me. I'll keep looking.

• @level6 said:

@smallbibi said:
    The reviews look bought/fake and they use a .org domain lol. Their pricing also doesn't look that good compared to the other options you mentioned. How did you find this company if they have no exposure anywhere???

No exposure anywhere...no exposure here, and that's why I'm asking. Mentioned on Reddit - r/webdev but not discussed. I loved the idea (low latencey potential) of a provider so close geographically. The org domain is kind of skanky, I noticed that.

Sketchy or skanky lol

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Hm, since you are convinced, change your username to level7?

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @SirFoxy said:

@level6 said:

@smallbibi said:

Sketchy or skanky lol

But enough about your profession..

• poissonpoisson Member

When there are too many providers whose quality is unknown, just go with whitelisting using data from reputable sources like LET. I won't even bother wasting time to find out whether some random hosting company is safe just to "save" a few dollars a few dollars. I learnt the hard way from stellar LEB reviews.

• level6level6 Member

@poisson said:
    When there are too many providers whose quality is unknown, just go with whitelisting using data from reputable sources like LET. I won't even bother wasting time to find out whether some random hosting company is safe just to "save" a few dollars a few dollars. I learnt the hard way from stellar LEB reviews.

I love the idea of a host so close in proximity to me and my handful of customers. Hence my interest. The price among all of these shared hosts is almost "free" - our time isn't.

• donlidonli Member

@level6 said:

I love the idea of a host so close in proximity to me and my handful of customers.

Every millisecond is sacred.

Thanked by 1level6
  • verjinverjin Member

@smallbibi said:

I am using it for awhile and found no problem.
    at first I thought the same because of too much positive reviews

• Its still loading normally for me! There was a lag past month!