Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't renew domain @ OVH
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can't renew domain @ OVH

entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep
edited April 2019 in Help

Hi guys,

Wondering if you have experienced this, as I currently have a support ticket in with OVH (gone a week with no answer) with regards to not being able to renew a domain I have with them.

The domain I transferred over maybe a week and a few days ago, and its due for renewal, when going to renew the domain it says:

Within my control panel, there are no ongoing operations for any of my domains.

Anyone had any experience with this and can advise on what the best thing for me to do is?

Thanks.

Comments

• Is the domain set for auto renewal?
    I had a similar issue but the domain was set for auto renewal but it failed to trigger. After a few days the error cleared and I could renew manually

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@LeonDynamic said:
    Is the domain set for auto renewal?
    I had a similar issue but the domain was set for auto renewal but it failed to trigger. After a few days the error cleared and I could renew manually

Ah, just changed it from auto to manual, will give it a few days and see what happens...

Domain is now technically expired, but is still accessible? Still no reply from OVH... @ninzo59 could you maybe take a look and poke a support agent for me? Ticket #6954047379

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited May 2019

The registry for the .UK tld Nominet doesn't suspend expired domain until 30 day past expiry date.

Should be enough time to get OVH to fix the renewal issues.

• @entrailz have you tried to renew manually since changing from auto? Mine was a couple of days.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

interested to know the outcome as I'm slowly migrating my .uk's to OVH

• Adam1Adam1 Member

Razza said: The registry for the .UK tld Nominet doesn't suspend expired domain until 30 day past expiry date.

Luckily OVH dont mess with the nameservers when domains expire, others do (i.e. internetbs)

@LeonDynamic said:
    @entrailz have you tried to renew manually since changing from auto? Mine was a couple of days.

Yep, even after leaving it on manual for so long, same error as in the screenshot.

@Adam1 said:
    interested to know the outcome as I'm slowly migrating my .uk's to OVH

I recently registered a new .co.uk domain with them and that can be renewed fine, only my transferred one, will keep this thread updated.

Thanked by 1Adam1
  • Starting to use OVH extensively for my .uk domains. All my May auto-renewals went through fine on the 1st so mine must have been a blip.

Good luck @entrailz, keeps us updated and if all else fails give Nominet an email and ask for their advice they maybe able to give OVH a nudge.

• RazzaRazza Member

Adam1 said: others do (i.e. internetbs)

Didn't know Internetbs changes the nameserver after it expired, like you I've moved all my .uk domain's to Ovh mainly for the renewal price.

Only thing I can think that might have even had a little bit of influence on this issue; is I transferred the domain from Netcetera on 20th? 21st of April, but can't see that really causing an issue. The worst thing I am experiencing is OVH reply time... had a ticket with them since 22nd of April, horrible response time.

• edfoxedfox Member

That happens when you set a domain to be manually renewed at some point. Apparently that sets the service into "deletion status" (since it's gonna delete on domain expire) and if you try to renew it manually it'll give you an error because the renew collides with the ongoing deletion.

Happened to me countless times, always had to call and ask for them to trigger the renewal.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

Razza said: Didn't know Internetbs changes the nameserver after it expired, like you I've moved all my .uk domain's to Ovh mainly for the renewal price.

Yeah their recent price hike and reasoning behind it forced me to look and then I found OVH selling .uk's at cost, no brainer.

• teamaccteamacc Member

@entrailz said:
    Only thing I can think that might have even had a little bit of influence on this issue; is I transferred the domain from Netcetera on 20th? 21st of April, but can't see that really causing an issue. The worst thing I am experiencing is OVH reply time... had a ticket with them since 22nd of April, horrible response time.

Give them a call, referencing the ticketnumber. Seems to help.

@edfox said:
    That happens when you set a domain to be manually renewed at some point. Apparently that sets the service into "deletion status" (since it's gonna delete on domain expire) and if you try to renew it manually it'll give you an error because the renew collides with the ongoing deletion.

Happened to me countless times, always had to call and ask for them to trigger the renewal.

Hmm, I don't know if it could be this, perhaps if when I transferred it I didn't enable auto renew it added this flag?

• edfoxedfox Member

@entrailz said:
    Hmm, I don't know if it could be this, perhaps if when I transferred it I didn't enable auto renew it added this flag?

Just drop them a call. They'll fix it in seconds