Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QPS getting connectivity to Host.Net/BroadbandONE in Atlanta
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QPS getting connectivity to Host.Net/BroadbandONE in Atlanta

agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@qps pleased to announce that @qps will be adding connectivity to Host.Net/BroadbandONE in Atlanta. ETA is December 1.

Comments

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

I wish they can make their support 24/7 . Rest all is good

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

They announced it a few weeks ago on FB :)

• How good is WV fiber?

• That network is pretty good, imho --- I only have experience with Host.net/BB1 in the Vegas market, but it was quite solid and I don't remember any issues with that connection, whereas xo and level3 had given us one issue each in the same time frame(2 years).

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

QuickPacket actually has used them in the past (in the WVFiber days - between April 2005 and December 2006). Their network has greatly improved since then. They use Level3 for the majority of their transit, and they have great peering.

It should be a nice upgrade to our network in Atlanta.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Atlanta network is nice already. Now it's better :)

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Seems nLayer is being removed from their network mix as well.

@AlexanderM said:
    Seems nLayer is being removed from their network mix as well.

Yes, we will be removing nLayer at the end of November. nLayer had some issues over the past year, so we elected not to renew.

Based on the tests we've run, Host.net / BroadbandONE should be an upgrade for just about every route.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@qps said:
    Based on the tests we've run, Host.net / BroadbandONE should be an upgrade for just about every route.

Really?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@jbiloh Colocrossing is getting the same connectivity too? :D

@jbiloh said:
    Really?

Yes. Host.net/BBOI have great peering and they also have Level3 transit.

When we originally signed with nLayer, they used a combination of Global Crossing and NTT transit in Atlanta, which was great. Once they acquired Tinet, they turned off Global Crossing transit, which definitely degraded things. We've also run into apparent capacity issues with nLayer that they've refused to admit to that started back in March after they "upgraded" some equipment. I think those issues are specific to the POP at 55 Marietta.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Yeah, I can attest to a decrease in performance in that area.

• I thought it was an additional carrier. Not replacement. Oh well. Hope it's better.

Thanked by 1dnwk
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Very interesting indeed. We've not had any problems with our Atlanta 10ge circuit from nLayer.