Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Korean VPS with 2TB/m or over. $1.00/m preferred.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Korean VPS with 2TB/m or over. $1.00/m preferred.

yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider
edited April 2019 in Requests

With 1 IPv4, $2.50 / month is still good.

Comments

• Lightsail $3.5 1TB In+Out
    This is the cheapest one

Thanked by 2dongne yongsiklee
  • You should at least double your budget. AWS is the cheapest here.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Korea, $2.5 is kind of impossible unless the host wants it to be a loss leader product.

Oh and you even want 2TB bandwidth.

In simple terms, what you're asking for: I want to have unprotected sex with many hookers and not catch STD/AIDS.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@BlaZe said:
    Korea, $2.5 is kind of impossible unless the host wants it to be a loss leader product.

Oh and you even want 2TB bandwidth.

In simple terms, what you're asking for: I want to have unprotected sex with many hookers and not catch STD/AIDS.

...so 5 dorrah sucky sucky is a lie?

Francisco

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Why not just run a VM on your computer since you obviously don't care about redundancy, uptime, or performance.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@yongsiklee said:
    With 1 IPv4, $2.50 / month is still good.

Good luck with your budget.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited April 2019

Get a NAS or RPI and plug it into your home internet connection. kt IPs doesn't seem to change that often even without the static IP subscription (mine's the same for like 2 years now), so it would be similar to what you'll get from a DC. You can go for the half gigabit or even the 1/2.5/10 Gbit plan to get even more DC-like performance!

iirc if your a univiersity student, you may be eligible for AWS/Azure edu credits (AWS credits can also be used for Lightsail)

• What Korea?

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@Chocoweb said:
    Lightsail $3.5 1TB In+Out
    This is the cheapest one

That looks good. I just wanted a VPS for a vpn connection to watch some Korean live news.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited April 2019

@yongsiklee said:

@Chocoweb said:
    This is the cheapest one

That looks good. I just wanted a VPS for a vpn connection to watch some Korean live news.

I don't think lightsail will work for it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most Korean websites thinks AWS IPs as american. They only accept IPs that were provided by KRNIC. That said, I have a lightsail VPN server so PM me your 'live news streaming' website and I can check it for you (you can PM in Korean if you want)

p.s. lightsail has a 1 month trial, which applies per calendar month, which means if you want to take advantage of the free trial you should start your subscription on may 1st.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:
    ...so 5 dorrah sucky sucky is a lie?

Francisco

5 dorrah giv u only looky looky no sucky sucky :p

Thanked by 1poisson

@sanvit said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Chocoweb said:
    This is the cheapest one

I don't think lightsail will work for it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most Korean websites thinks AWS IPs as american. They only accept IPs that were provided by KRNIC. That said, I have a lightsail VPN server so PM me your 'live news streaming' website and I can check it for you (you can PM in Korean if you want)

p.s. lightsail has a 1 month trial, which applies per calendar month, which means if you want to take advantage of the free trial you should start your subscription on may 1st.

Hi,
    Could you test this link:
    http://onair.kbs.co.kr/index.html?sname=onair&stype=live&ch_code=11

• @yongsiklee said:

@sanvit said:

@yongsiklee said:

@Chocoweb said:
    This is the cheapest one

Hi,
    Could you test this link:
    http://onair.kbs.co.kr/index.html?sname=onair&stype=live&ch_code=11

Lightsail Seoul

kt residential

NordVPN South Korea #27

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • Try somagu. I believe they are using so called residential IP. I can even watch Netflix with it.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • @Kiwi83 said:
    Try somagu. I believe they are using so called residential IP. I can even watch Netflix with it.

Usually, Korean services won't bug you as long as the IPs are assigned from KRNIC which is the most case for domestic companies

Thanked by 2yongsiklee Logano

I might try somagu.
    Thank you @sanvit and @Kiwi83.

• @yongsiklee said:
    I might try somagu.

If you have a korean credit/debit card, you might also want to try iwinv, although they only give you 300GB of traffic. Or your best bet will be somagu or nordvpn

Thanked by 1yongsiklee

@sanvit said:

@yongsiklee said:
    I might try somagu.

If you have a korean credit/debit card, you might also want to try iwinv, although they only give you 300GB of traffic. Or your best bet will be somagu or nordvpn

Unfortunately I do not have a Korean CC. Thank you for your suggestion though.