Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Midwest US micro KVM VPS (non-ColoCrossing) for <$30/yr?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Midwest US micro KVM VPS (non-ColoCrossing) for <$30/yr?

emmd19emmd19 Member
edited April 2019 in Requests

Looking for non-ColoCrossing providers who can set me up with a VPS in the midwest US (Chicago or otherwise) for <$30/yr. Only requirements are KVM, >= 128MB RAM (i.e. enough to run OpenVPN or Strongswan), >= 1TB/month of BW, and AUP that allows private VPN use. IPv6 would be nice but not strictly necessary. I already have a VPS with ServerCheap in Chicago but their tzulo IP addresses do not geolocate correctly (Phillipines) when using Google sites.

Comments

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

Would Denver region work for you?

• @SmartHost said:
    Would Denver region work for you?

Denver's farther than I would like, however I see on your website you do offer New Jersey which I would consider.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited April 2019

We are adding service in Chicago, it's just not ready yet for the new KVM NVME VPS we are offering. You could always go NJ, and then switch to Chicago afterwards...we can migrate the VPS and you'd just get a new IP.

Anways, our Linux NVME SSD KVM is $29.50/year...right at your budget. Includes 10GB NVME SSD, 1GB RAM, 1 CPU Thread, 1TB Bandwidth, 1Gbps Port, and IPV4 & IPv6...pretty much exactly what you requested... :-)

• @SmartHost said:
    We are adding service in Chicago, it's just not ready yet for the new KVM NVME VPS we are offering. You could always go NJ, and then switch to Chicago afterwards...we can migrate the VPS and you'd just get a new IP.

Anways, our Linux NVME SSD KVM is $29.50/year...right at your budget. Includes 10GB NVME SSD, 1GB RAM, 1 CPU Thread, 1TB Bandwidth, 1Gbps Port, and IPV4 & IPv6...pretty much exactly what you requested... :-)

Good to know. What datacenter/IP transit will your Chicago site be using? Also, any way to go cheaper since I definitely don't need 1GB RAM?

NJ is at the OpenDataCenters facility in Piscataway.
    Details on our Data Center page:
    https://www.smarthost.net/data-centers.php
    Chicago is still under negotiations with vendors, but will be live at some point in May.
    Gear is ready to ship as soon as we close on the Data Center contract.

I'll PM you shortly about the RAM request..

Thanked by 1emmd19
  • TNAHostingTNAHosting Member, Patron Provider

We can do the following in Chicago.

• 512MB RAM
    • 2 vCore
    • 50GB HDD
    • 1TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    • 1 IPv4 (IPv6 Available)
    • $15/year (Order Here)

Looking Glass: http://lg.chi.tnahosting.net/

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanked by 1emmd19
  • rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

I can offer you them specs in our Kansas City location if thats Midwest for you? PM for more details if allowed.

Thanked by 1emmd19
  • @SmartHost said:
    NJ is at the OpenDataCenters facility in Piscataway.
    Details on our Data Center page:
    https://www.smarthost.net/data-centers.php
    Chicago is still under negotiations with vendors, but will be live at some point in May.
    Gear is ready to ship as soon as we close on the Data Center contract.

I'll PM you shortly about the RAM request..

Awesome. Looking forward to your offer via PM.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Should be around 6th May or so (if possible).

Thanked by 3uptime skorous sanvit
  • We can offer the following VPS in Chicago:

CPU: 1 Core
    RAM: 128 MB
    Space: 5GB SSD
    Bandwidth: 2TB
    IPv4: 1
    IPv6: 16
    Price - $12/year

Let us know if you would like to order VPS and check our looking-glass if necessary.

• @Abdullah said:

Should be around 6th May or so (if possible).

it's close to may 6th