Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rent /24 Subnet
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rent /24 Subnet

Hi, I need a /24 subnet located in Ashburn,North Virginia capable of handling 1gbps speeds.

Thanks

Comments

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

If your subnet is capable of handling 1Gbps is not up to the subnet but the datacenter/network you're in. In essence IP addresses can handle unlimited traffic but the network behind is that counts.

• Are you looking for a dedi with a /24 and a gigabit port? If you get just a /24, you'll have to find a provider with BGP and announce it on you own.

• @sanvit said:
    Are you looking for a dedi with a /24 and a gigabit port? If you get just a /24, you'll have to find a provider with BGP and announce it on you own.

sorry what do you mean by a dedi? as in a dedicated server?

• malekmalek Member, Host Rep

There's already a thread for this -> https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/114478/the-aio-ip-related-thread-ipv4-ipv6-asn

Also, IP space and bandwidth are basically two different things.

• @malek said:
    There's already a thread for this -> https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/114478/the-aio-ip-related-thread-ipv4-ipv6-asn

Also, IP space and bandwidth are basically two different things.

Thanks man, Im EU but I need a /24 in VA, I'm assuming I do it via ARIN or would I have to do it via RIPE? I heard ARIN fees can range from 500 usd to 30k or so

• malekmalek Member, Host Rep

Well, here are your options:

1) Get a Delaware LLC and obtain a /24 from ARIN based on 4.10 policy

2) Become a RIPE LIR (3050€ w/ VAT ID right now) and get a /22.

3) Rent a /24 from some RIPE LIR and announce it in VA.

For the record, I'm out of IPs right now so find someone else in the topic I linked above.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • @VPSSLIM said:
    If your subnet is capable of handling 1Gbps is not up to the subnet but the datacenter/network you're in. In essence IP addresses can handle unlimited traffic but the network behind is that counts.

Some people are more intelligent than others.

@Subnets12345 said:
    Hi, I need a /24 subnet located in Ashburn,North Virginia capable of handling 1gbps speeds.

Thanks

There’s an IP thread + why do you need a /24 anyway?