Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaRacks Acquires HostMyBytes?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaRacks Acquires HostMyBytes?

Liu32Liu32 Member
edited April 2019 in General

I have a server hosted on Host MyBytes but lately I have had problems with the server

Comments

• imokimok Member

If it performs really bad probably you are an Alpharacks client.

• donlidonli Member

@Liu32 said:
    I have a server hosted on Host MyBytes but lately I have had problems with the server

The party's over.

• StrypStryp Member

My AlphaRacks shared hosting website has an uptime of 84% with an average response time of 1700ms. It's a static HTML page.

• Where did you see this? Was there an announcemnet somewhere?

• AidanAidan Member

Enjoy the emails.

Thanked by 1taubin
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Haha, enjoy the emails. The guy write novels with'em.

• donlidonli Member

@WebHostingBuzz said:
    Where did you see this? Was there an announcemnet somewhere?

They sent Email to HostMyBytes customers and also issued a press release:
    https://www.prdistribution.com/news/alpharacks-acquires-hostmybytes-immediately-adding-23000-customers-to-its-iaas-platform.html

• Promotional email is coming ...

• This acquisition adds 23,000 customers to AlphaRacks' platform, now serving over 100,000 customers worldwide.

I don't belive those numbers.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Generally, you need to remove 2 zeroes.

• @deank said:
    Generally, you need to remove 2 zeroes.

They probably did, but by moving into AlphaRacks, they've still got one big fartmother.

• ZurgZurg Member

That number probably includes all the closed out accounts also.
    I got an email on one of my email addresses that had no service from them for a while.

Of course the one that "works" has worse service then HMB as the VPSs are up, but their time is off by 4 hours. To me that's unusable and has been like that for a week with no support of any kind. G-d forbid I put anything important with these guys.. lol.. not a chance!

• donlidonli Member

@Zurg said:

Of course the one that "works" has worse service then HMB as the VPSs are up, but their time is off by 4 hours. To me that's unusable and has been like that for a week with no support of any kind. G-d forbid I put anything important with these guys.. lol.. not a chance!

Is it showing the wrong time zone or just the clock is off? And it it is just the clock is it
    an OpenVZ or KVM vps?

• Probably 90% of LEB hosts are Alpharack's.

• ZurgZurg Member

@donli said:

@Zurg said:

Is it showing the wrong time zone or just the clock is off? And it it is just the clock is it
    an OpenVZ or KVM vps?

The time is off., the Zone is good, but the time is 4 hours behind the real one.
    It's a OpenVZ pool. Bought 10 pack to play with.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2019

@drizbo said:

This acquisition adds 23,000 customers to AlphaRacks' platform, now serving over 100,000 customers worldwide.

I don't belive those numbers.

Actually with all those dumb people around who still do not get in their tiny brain not to purchase anything on LEB, they still buy because of their pricing.

So numbers can be real.

• Lostmybytes

• xaocxaoc Member

So who else reported them to [email protected] ?

• ChuckChuck Member

SolvedMyData next!

• YGRIGYGRIG Member

Just got an e-mail from AlphaRacks: they moved my VPS to a new node

Our goal is to enhance customer experience, and that said we will migrating you onto more powerful hardware/host nodes in order to better facilitate your VPS server.

My new, "more powerful" node, has Xeon E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz and IPv4 speedtests
    Cachefly CDN: 11.42 MiB/s
    Leaseweb (NL): 10.10 MiB/s
    Softlayer DAL (US): 11.60 MiB/s
    Online.net (FR): 6.48 MiB/s
    OVH BHS (CA): 10.63 MiB/s
    while my original HostMyBytes node had Xeon E5-1630 v3 @ 3.70GHz and IPv4 speedtests
    Cachefly CDN: 82.66 MiB/s
    Leaseweb (NL): 88.09 MiB/s
    Softlayer DAL (US): 17.39 MiB/s
    Online.net (FR): 99.09 MiB/s
    OVH BHS (CA): 21.09 MiB/s

On the bright side, on a new node they now have a SSD, but there is zero disk space available. :-)

• YGRIGYGRIG Member

And after a ticket about zero disk space my VPS have been moved to Xeon E5620 @ 2.40GHz and IPv4 speedtests
    Cachefly CDN: 9.74 MiB/s
    Leaseweb (NL): 5.54 MiB/s
    Softlayer DAL (US): 7.52 MiB/s
    Online.net (FR): 7.20 MiB/s
    OVH BHS (CA): 3.28 MiB/s

Well, that's that, AlphaRacks. HostMyBytes was not that bad after all. :-)

Thanked by 1Zurg