Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ I can't read the rules - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I can't read the rules

2ยป

Comments

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Welcome to LET :blush: . You'll fit right in :wink:

• OVZ SOLUSVM VPS
    Node 1
    $19.99/mo
    CPU:1
    RAM:512 MB
    SSD Storage:25 GB
    Bandwidth:500 GB
    IPs:1

KVM SOLUSVM VPS
    KVM 1
    $29.99/mo
    CPU:1
    RAM:512 MB
    SSD Storage:25 GB
    Bandwidth:500 GB
    IPs:1

• AmitzAmitz Member

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@layerhost signed up at the end of last August but didn't post anything until late yesterday evening.

I guess that reading the rules is hard.

• https://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/layerhost

Intelligent user wannabe provider who wants to comment on a warn.

"hi we fixed it"

• @Letzien said:

@t0ny0 said:
    Lmao do you really have an atom d525 for $799/MONTH ?! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I'll find you one for $399/mo.

I need at least 10PBps for my potassium rich subversive content.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

After some confusion because their "facility" page doesn't provide information about their 4 Tb DDOS protection, I finally saw the clue: "high density dark fiber inter-connection".

Brillant! Starve them hackzors by routing their evil DDOS packets through high density dark fibers! The next level of black holing. Brillant!

Only the prices are a bit, uhum ... Proposition, @layerhost : How about offering a 2 Tb DDOS protection packet to lower the entry barrier?! That would allow you to offer Atom dedis for an unbeatable price of just $499/month. Don't under-estimate the psychological significance of the $500/mo mark, especially here at LET. We are a price sensitive crowd and tend to shy away from Atoms beyond the $500 price point.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Why settle for 4Tbps DDoS protection when you can get 50Tbps DDoS protection by tunneling the traffic in and out of OVH a dozen times. That's how these things work, right?

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @angstrom said:

@level6 said:
    Proves that no good deed goes unpunished. Thanks for the free year of hosting.

Signed up here at 11:42PM yesterday.

Right.

Yes I did just sign up at LET and I appreciate the warm welcome!

Just because I thank they guy for providing free hosting makes me a sock puppet? I needed a sliver or webhosting away from my primary host for testing/DR and this may fit the bill. Of course, Murphy's law, slots opened up just now at Buyshared and I grabbed one of those too. With all respect to Layerhost, the 5 minutes to sign up for their free hosting really isn't worth my time to save $5. But I can't resist free stuff sometimes. I pointed a spare domain over and will see how it goes, and perhaps report back if anyone cares.

I have a handful of local customers that I design and host sites for, enough to cover the hosting fees, and beer. They don't access the control panel. This may make some of you gag, I've been using 1and1/ IONOS for years and my customers (mostly static sites with occasionial higher volume) are satisfied with the load times, availabilty, etc. I'll be switching off soon - hate their control panel and the upselling. Waiting for my "big" customer to renew in June before I switch.

From LET (and Reddit) I learned about some shared hosts that will meet and exheed my needs. Ramnode, for example looks really good. Also Cloudways/DO. I'm on the east coast so I don't think having a DC in Nevada (Frantech is ideal).

edited April 2019

@level6 said:

@angstrom said:

@level6 said:
    Proves that no good deed goes unpunished. Thanks for the free year of hosting.

Signed up here at 11:42PM yesterday.

Right.

Yes I did just sign up at LET and I appreciate the warm welcome!

Just because I thank they guy for providing free hosting makes me a sock puppet? I needed a sliver or webhosting away from my primary host for testing/DR and this may fit the bill. Of course, Murphy's law, slots opened up just now at Buyshared and I grabbed one of those too. With all respect to Layerhost, the 5 minutes to sign up for their free hosting really isn't worth my time to save $5. But I can't resist free stuff sometimes. I pointed a spare domain over and will see how it goes, and perhaps report back if anyone cares.

Okay, my first impression was that you were a shill, coming out of nowhere to praise a provider who didn't bother to read the rules. But, fair enough, the fact that you've returned to clarify/elaborate is certainly a point in your favor.

The OP's free shared hosting plan may be attractive, but unfortunately, the OP shot himself in the foot by not reading the rules, not to mention that beyond the free shared hosting plan, the OP's paid plans are not at all within LET pricing, which is something that the OP could have noticed if he had paid attention.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited April 2019

Pricing oneself out of LET market zone is not a sin.

Using free host as its front end to advertise here is a sin after not even bothering to read rules (2nd sin). He wanted mods to tell him whether it was wrong or not. That is also a sin.

It's a red card due to 3 strikes. He's out.

And why it is always that a single, sudden, follower show up in these threads? Smells as shit.

@deank said: Pricing oneself out of LET market zone is not a sin.

Definitely not, but then you don't try to advertise on LET.

• @deank said:
    Pricing oneself out of LET market zone is not a sin.

Using free host as its front end to advertise here is a sin after not even bothering to read rules (2nd sin). He wanted mods to tell him whether it was wrong or not. That is also a sin.

It's a red card due to 3 strikes. He's out.

And why it is always that a single, sudden, follower show up in these threads? Smells as shit.

Thank you for the warm welcome to LET.