Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET Site-wide Easter Egg Hunt 2019 - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET Site-wide Easter Egg Hunt 2019

1151617181921»

Comments

• let_b4a7a41d59ad9cad14c3284c732bd3b506ea4db1a36989de2b0204d9f9c6d91b

Way late to the game...

• @pullangcubo said:

@FlamesRunner said:

@toumi111 said:
    FINALY I get it the SYS deal :smiley:

Damn, not any closer than I was earlier today :c

FWIW, you helped me realize that that string actually pointed to a movie. I was banging my head trying to remember, since that string was really familiar!

only the name of the movie related to this egg

• let_03ec79c30cc9b655fe646868ab9f271578defd9bc6019c3a7372902e0c28bafb

• Very slow server and doesn't work properly and the big problem is customer service is very poor I have experienced very bad.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@kishore said:
    Very slow server and doesn't work properly and the big problem is customer service is very poor I have experienced very bad.

What in heaven's name are you talking about? (Joined 2:40PM)

Thanked by 1t0m
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

I will try to reply to the comments tomorrow, thanks for the comments. Been catching up with lots of things in work after "resting" for 2 days for the event.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • let_ebbe605c465357dff423d4967329732716e4dde714a1b4cb6abfde6f741b6601

• let_666ad47f1c749b6d64909c3744e7b608806d5a1332ebbe652a54ebe3c3a17d02

• let_43b4551932a7e5444ef552a7fe86a7469360771a177fe41fbe5e5ebe3acbd19d

• let_5487445f82543effe4266d56e9f32b8a683d15addb1243aec1908c1d42a1c70f

• WhoaWhoa Member

let_1a3ca5e9c107b91b07b31eff35efc76c812738fde558df4d68c4541589dcc893

• let_fdee2b7f8d44106f1b4e988919efcc4df76fcf756a73797c7cb8c228268e3fe2

It is almost 1 May soon, please do not submit your public key after this. The extended event is coming to an end and I will post the solution shortly.

I really appreciate the comments and feedbacks given by you guys.

Although all SYS E3 SSD are claimed, you can still try to find it for fun, the straightforward hint is to look for Alpha Channel in images related to ninzo59 (SYS representative).

• ehabehab Member
    edited April 2019

hey @FAT32 give me some of your eggs.

i am so lazy, all i can do is stare

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • If I may just add my 2 cents worth to all the feedback posted here: I generally agree with the sentiment that (some of) the eggs were a little too hard to find; 2 hours into my search, I found myself evaluating my priorities for the day :lol: But the whole event was really fun, reminiscent of the hair-pulling treasure hunts Dropbox used to do.

My suggestion for the next one (hopefully there'll be next!) is to make the eggs easier to find, but the difficulty of actually decrypting the eggs be commensurate to the "value" of the deal inside the egg. The idea is the users won't be bothered much with the mundane task of searching for eggs (too boring of a task) but they won't be able to sleep normally while trying to figure out how to decrypt the eggs (more challenging task)!

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • edfoxedfox Member

let_73fdd15bd4148b41e67bc95d3b418354c270365f85458151b9a3b732f1ba9794

• let_0e5de7103ae74d738d7598de5574ef8240baf88ad256915b09cd679ca86d857b

• let_90d57b659ef9bdf75d7939466f0ffe14866408d33b596c7638ba3bb013ee3ad8

• let_f56a81db75fcae5aca6f8839b87c1e0ffebb597ff5ca3048f025ee1b0c1ed52d

• FalzoFalzo Member

let_4ll7h31d1075wh0c4n7b3b07h3r3d70r34d7h3rul350r7h477h33v3n7h453nd3d

• imokimok Member

wot

• KsygoKsygo Member

@FAT32

Really great job on the event, good mix of difficulty/know-how from what I can tell, and I feel there's been a bunch of effort put in on the whole. Sleepless night(s) included! Truly selfless too from what I can tell, which is a rarity these days.

As for the event; it does seem to favour people with some technical knowledge (it is LET after all), and more spare time than most around the holiday season. Prior information about CTF-type events is likely a plus too which, depending on your perspective, isn't a bad thing.

In contrast to Black Friday, at Easter or for arguments sake Christmas, you normally have family to contend with occupying your time. That and you're normally not expecting mega bargains. Hypothetically speaking; maybe you're also away visting family and don't have access to a computer and/or have terrible phone service during this time etc. In that light, I can see how the more time consuming events might be a turn off for some folks. Extending the event was certainly welcome.
    It's worth mentioning Black Friday is almost expected to have insane deals, and I'm sure people prepare for that in a sense.

With this style of event, the only thing I can think of to solve that is have it not tied to any big holiday. I can see that being harder to justify to providers though, compared to an easily recognisable date. I'd also feel it wouldn't carry the same weight, so who knows! Just my two cents.

As for revealing the deals after finding the flag: definitely makes the hunt more interesting when you stumble across one and franticly enter it in the portal!

So thanks to the providers for some cracking bargains and even some freebies!

Knowing everything ahead of time would probably limit where people looked, hoping to find the best ones first. The egg claim limit is a good idea, makes you actually think about the deals instead of just taking anything that comes your way, addiction be damned.

All-in-all, you've really outdone yourself, so thank you for organising one blast of an event! One to remember for sure.

• Dear @Falzo, I tried but ultimately failed to raw read your hint; ultimately I needed a translator for the hopes of getting an egg from it :lol:

Thanked by 1Falzo
    edited June 2019

Solutions v2

Provider Flag Instructions
    SpryServers let{SuRPr1s3D_p1kaCHu} Go to this thread and look for a surprised Pikachu, the alt tag of the image contains the flag
    SpryServers let{ImG_ALt} Go to this thread and look for the last post by SpryServers, the alt tag of the smiley face contains the flag
    ZeptoVM let{L00k1ng_f0r_DeALs} Go to this thread and look for the looking glass in first post, the pastebin link will link to the flag (now expired)
    KTS24 let{r3moVe_aL1_SpAc3s} Go to this thread and look for the first post. It is in clear text in second paragraph but with additional spaces let { to prevent from search
    LetBox let{f1ag_CaN_B3_In_ImaGes_t0o} Go to this thread, in the comment where @key900 says "Only IPV4 at this moment", the flag is hidden as image in the "show previous quotes" of @nullnothere's reply
    MrVM let{MRvm_11_L0CaT10ns} Go to this thread and highlight the first post, you will see hidden messages (flag) in white text scattered in each paragraph
    GestionDBI let{fuL1sT0p} Go to this thread and look for the last character (fullstop) in the first post: "Regards, David.", the fullstop contains the flag as a link
    FreeRangeCloud let{hoT_Ch1ckS} Go to this thread and you will see image of chicks
    OVH let{1_Am_juSt_a_T1nY_b1T} Check the signature of @OVH_APAC, it contains an image of the flag
    OVH let{OVH_is_v3rY_g3n3r0us} TODO (I forgot where I hide it)
    OVH let{eAST3r_2018_eGGs} Go to this thread and look for the eggs in my post, the pink egg contains a pastebin shortened link to the flag (now expired)
    SoYouStart let{HaRd3sT_FlAg_F0r_tH1s_HunT} Go to @ninzo59's profile and download the profile picture, the alpha bit of the image contains the flag in QR code
    QuadHost let{hell0_tAg} Go to this thread and look for the third post, the tag link to @jamespeach is a flag
    i83 let{bUNdL3ssSss} Check the signature of @i83, it contains the flag hidden in white text
    DediSpec let{daDdy_d3di} Check my signature and notice the word "love", it contains a hex encoded string for the flag
    Hyonix let{w1nD0ws42bUck5} Check the 5th page of the current easter thread (Comment), the flag looks like a public key

Hints explanation

• Hint 1: It is not just Ctrl+F, look around for more places
      This suggests the use of the search tool in LET (Top right corner), then Ctrl+F the "edited" text

• Hint 2: Most of the time the flag will be hidden in something related to the providers
      This suggests the flags will most likely be hidden in the threads created by the provider

• Hint 3: Big providers are joining
      By big providers, I mean OVH and Hetzner. I also clarified that VirMach is not joining. In fact, the hardest flag is already up even before this easter hunt thread is up.

• Hint 4: Developer Tool is your best friend
      Some flags (Custom HTTP header, CSS source files, console.log) are easier to find with the developer tool, especially the console.log ones

• Hint 5: _Search_ing the website is hard, but is also useful
      This is a more obvious hint to Hint 1

• Hint 6: An image of pointing and looking down "Sometimes you have to look inside, or look below."
      This is one of my favourite hint, it gives 2 clues:
      1) Look for signature
      2) Look inside an imgur image by removing i. and .png of an imgur image, the link of the hint image does that

• Hint 7: Hint 6 have multiple meanings, including 1 new deal that was just added
      This is a more obvious hint to Hint 6

• Hint 8: Look around for weird IPs, links or photos, it might not be what it should be
      This is pretty much how I hide most of the things, some IPs actually point to my own services, doing curl, ping, dig etc would be useful. A link might not pointing to the actual destination and a photo might contains hidden information in HTML tag.

edited June 2019

TLDR: I will revise the rules and mechanism and ask for suggestions of those active members if I decided to organise similar event next year. As mentioned by most of you guys, releasing the deals ahead will help a lot. Thanks again for joining this event especially the big providers, it is my pleasure to host this event.

I shouldn't necro this thread but I feel like there is a need to reply since I have some free time today.

Thanks for all the comments, it reminds me of the fun moments during the event, I have to say the eggs are highly inspired by VirMach and most of the methods are what I have tried on VirMach to find the legendary egg.

@Letzien @MasonR

It kinds of make me sad too, I am expecting more deals on the easter megathread. It is just as crazy as Black Friday where I sit there the whole day just to refresh the page :)

@solaire @Falzo @hzr

Making it easier to find and releasing them ahead will definitely make life easier. Will consult you guys if there is next event :)

All the deals including solutions are actually posted somewhere public even when it is not fully claimed. I am not very happy but I am fine with people helping each other as long as they are not freeloader. (I still prefer people posting it somewhere private / internal)

@snow2k @FennecFox @skorous @nullnothere @priest @FlamesRunner

You are welcome, I also feel sorry for spending too much time of you guys on hunting the eggs. I agree that the deals can be even better because most of them are not crazy enough.

@pullangcubo

Perhaps a flash deal style will be great, at least people don't have to crack their head but just "F5" all the way.

Besides that, making it harder to decrypt but easier to find seems to be fair too, that's one possibility in the future :)

@Ksygo

I believe there are a lot of very smart guy in LET and my puzzles are considerable easy enough. Since I am from Asia, I don't really know that Easter is more of a family time, I should do more research next time :)

I will better plan this event in the future, perhaps during weekend where not a lot of events / festivals so people can still possible to get crazy deals not only during Black Friday / Cyber Monday.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@FAT32 you should not worry so much. after all it's been nothing but awesome entertainment and fun. you made yourself kind of too much work with it :-)

I think we all agree on being very happy that someone spends his free time to come up with something sophisticated like this, I'd never would have expected that.

no matter the occasion stuff like that will always be most appreciated!
    so KUDOS, THANKS and keep on rocking.