Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using Enoctus - they've been advertising on LET recently
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using Enoctus - they've been advertising on LET recently

Enoctus ad banner just grabbed my attention (someone new on the ad-space of LET) so I just clicked and went to their LET pricing plans. The vps pricing and specs seems at par with other providers and I wanted to try smallest plan!

Any one from LET using their products - shared hosting, WP hosting, vps, public cloud or reseller?

P.S. Trustpilot shows 64% bad reviews for Enoctus. Customers complaining their servers were suspended/server down!

Comments

• It's saves time and money to avoid most hosts who pay to be advertised on a CC service.

Thanked by 2Sofia_K doghouch
  • avoid.. i had a black Friday vps in 2017 . it deadpooled and they refused to answer any tickets. i had to do a chargeback

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • If it ain't any of the providers in my signature, forget it.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@poisson said:
    If it ain't any of the providers in my signature, forget it.

The rest of the companies in the world are scam.

• @armandorg said:

Not entirely, but I believe in whitelisting because the bad eggs keep on coming back with new names, so the only way to kill them is to make sure only whitelisted providers get business and the other crap will just die a natural death.

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@poisson said:

@armandorg said:

Not entirely, but I believe in whitelisting because the bad eggs keep on coming back with new names, so the only way to kill them is to make sure only whitelisted providers get business and the other crap will just die a natural death.

I'm just kidding mate

• @poisson said:
    If it ain't any of the providers in my signature, forget it.

You dont have hostus ramnode ...so list is incomplete

• thanks for replies.
    Will avoid it.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

@ErikEnoctus

I used them for shared hosting in the past, iirc it was fine, but ultimately I cancelled as it was too expensive.

Thanked by 1ErikEnoctus
  • @noaman said:
    You dont have hostus ramnode ...so list is incomplete

Whoever said I provide a complete list? I provide only those I have personally tried or have indirect contact with the provider in some way. The point is that I am 99 percent sure none of the providers in my signature WILL NOT scam you or deadpool, but if you feel adventurous with your money you can try others I cannot vouch for.

• Deadpooling was never my intention, hence why we came back under the same brand. There's a lot to the story of why Enoctus was down for 3 months last year. A lot of people blame us, and to a certain degree, it is our fault.

The truth is, our largest segment with nearly 5000 active clients in Hong Kong was under heavy DDoS attacks for several months prior to our shutdown. Having spent dozens of thousands in Hong Kong infrastructure and being shut down by the ISP without notice had left us in a very unstable financial position. We've already pre-paid our locations and essentially 5000 people started disputing transactions as their services were down.

The reason why we continued business during the attacks was due to the encouragement we received from our ISP at the time. They were sure they can handle them until the upstream - HKBN forced them to shut us down. They later expressed they're surprised it took HKBN so long to do this, despite encouraging us to keep paying the hefty 5 figure bill every month and saying they can handle that.

Some customers blamed us for continuing to accept orders. What if I told you that the Hong Kong ISP - ADCData wanted to acquire a part of Enoctus to enter the VM business as we already had a good reputation there? The acquisition was ongoing while they lied their own customers that they've dropped the inexistent contracts with us. I will prepare a formal page on our website with all the ADCData communication evidence.

If such supplier misleading has happened in the UK, they would have ended up in a lot of legal trouble. But in this scenario, the best we could do is refund everyone what they had paid and continue service a few months after with heavy compensations for anyone who was affected. This is certainly better than launching 10+ different brands and deadpooling with each company, we've been around for several years now, and the business is doing quite well now that we don't have to deal with dishonest, smaller ISPs in Eastern Asia.

Should anyone have any concerns about our business, by all means, get the monthly packages, we have a 30 days money back policy for any reason. Feel free to call us, or arrange a meeting with us in London.

• @ErikEnoctus said:
    Deadpooling was never my intention, hence why we came back under the same brand. There's a lot to the story of why Enoctus was down for 3 months last year. A lot of people blame us, and to a certain degree, it is our fault.

The truth is, our largest segment with nearly 5000 active clients in Hong Kong was under heavy DDoS attacks for several months prior to our shutdown. Having spent dozens of thousands in Hong Kong infrastructure and being shut down by the ISP without notice had left us in a very unstable financial position. We've already pre-paid our locations and essentially 5000 people started disputing transactions as their services were down.

The reason why we continued business during the attacks was due to the encouragement we received from our ISP at the time. They were sure they can handle them until the upstream - HKBN forced them to shut us down. They later expressed they're surprised it took HKBN so long to do this, despite encouraging us to keep paying the hefty 5 figure bill every month and saying they can handle that.

Some customers blamed us for continuing to accept orders. What if I told you that the Hong Kong ISP - ADCData wanted to acquire a part of Enoctus to enter the VM business as we already had a good reputation there? The acquisition was ongoing while they lied their own customers that they've dropped the inexistent contracts with us. I will prepare a formal page on our website with all the ADCData communication evidence.

If such supplier misleading has happened in the UK, they would have ended up in a lot of legal trouble. But in this scenario, the best we could do is refund everyone what they had paid and continue service a few months after with heavy compensations for anyone who was affected. This is certainly better than launching 10+ different brands and deadpooling with each company, we've been around for several years now, and the business is doing quite well now that we don't have to deal with dishonest, smaller ISPs in Eastern Asia.

Should anyone have any concerns about our business, by all means, get the monthly packages, we have a 30 days money back policy for any reason. Feel free to call us, or arrange a meeting with us in London.

Ok.