Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digitalocean is down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Digitalocean is down

Seems like DO is down

Anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• It's up for me

• @joodle said:
    Seems like DO is down
    -snip-

Nope, seems fine for me! :)

• JerryHouJerryHou Member
    edited October 2013

up for me... but previously I saw they had a notice saying their NYC DC was having some issue.

• Works for me now, weird..

• UP from here as well

• c0yc0y Member

Happens now and then, just reload instead of making a thread...

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2013

NY2 has been up and down all day. As far as I know no other region is affected. Seems to be related to a carrier (probably nlayer given this mornings issues).

• my vps in do isnt stable for today :(

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@Frost said:
    Happens now and then, just reload instead of making a thread...

Also always good to check: http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@BrianHarrison said:
    Also always good to check: http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Well, when cloudflare says it is down chances are other sites will probably say similar things.

@Maounique said:
    Well, when cloudflare says it is down chances are other sites will probably say similar things.

That wasn't the case in this instance. Many others were reporting that it was loading for them.

That's the actually purpose of the website: if a website isn't loading for you then you can make a quick check to see if it isn't loading for others either.

• c0yc0y Member

@BrianHarrison said:
    That wasn't the case in this instance. Many others were reporting that it was loading for them.

Because everyone and their dog make isup sites and they usually only check if they're able to open a socket connection, not whether the page loads

edited October 2013

@Frost said:
    Because everyone and their dog make isup sites and they usually only check if they're able to open a socket connection, not whether the page loads

I'm not sure what method isitdownforeveryoneorjustme.com uses to check for uptime, but I've tested it on a couple sites running Cloudflare and it will correctly report if the website is actually up or down even if the Cloudflare 'not available' page successfully loads.

• c0yc0y Member

@BrianHarrison said:
    I'm not sure what method isitdownforeveryoneorjustme.com uses to check for uptime, but I've tested it on a couple sites running Cloudflare and it will correctly report if the website is up or down.

I wasn't trying to say they all do it, but the hipster ones do I believe. You can tes it yourself though :-) Setup nginx and just send 522 or whatever errors and see whether they report to be up or not