Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

server request that related to BGP (announce,anycast...etc)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

server request that related to BGP (announce,anycast...etc)

bibi421bibi421 Member
edited April 2019 in Requests

I want build anycast IP by my self.. like global accelerator(TCP) to mitigate ddos attack (because I need thousans of dollars to get ddos protection in my country..Japan) (also I don't really know about anycast)

Pretend Japan VPS IP as 1.1.1.1 to 1.1.1.9 , US DDoS Protected VPS IP as 2.2.2.2 , EU DDoS Protected VPS IP as 3.3.3.3

example
Japan User -> same anycast IP ->1.1.1.1
Japan User 2 -> same anycast IP -> 1.1.1.2
Japan User 3 -> same anycast IP -> 1.1.1.3
US User -> same anycast IP -> 2.2.2.2
EU User -> same anycast IP -> 3.3.3.3

so I'll rent /24 ip block but I need servers that can use own IP block.
(maybe vultr for Japan server)

• Japan Servers x?
    -US DDoS Protected server x1
    -EU DDoS Protected server x1

but how it works.. I need to link a IP for anycast to server and setting for transfer..? but when ddos attack comes.. then anycast IP server will die... so I need articles that introduce anycast IP)
also can I just link 10 ips (1.1.1.1 to 1.1.1.10) to a server and devide network into 10mbps each..
(once ddos attack comes, just 1/10 network will down..?)

buget:??($50+)

Comments

• In most cases you cannot choose which server the client will get connected to. The internet will route it by itself. I would recommend vultr as it is the only provider that I know of that has BGP in JP. If an anycast server dies, the route to the server gets removed so the client will not be able to reach it. The budget is most likely to be IP cost + X numbers of server * server price + ASN registeration price (some will also charge you for BGP session, but I'm not sure if Vultr also does it or not). If your really going to do this, I'm pretty sure it will cost at least $100/mo minimum

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

Most of your cost would be leasing a /24 which is the minimum and then the servers and traffic. Vultr I believe lets you use a private ASN if you don’t own one.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Perhaps what you need is just DDoS Mitigation in Asia?

We can do it in Tokyo for less than "thousands of dollars". PM me or ticket if serious.

• @SplitIce said:
    Perhaps what you need is just DDoS Mitigation in Asia?

We can do it in Tokyo for less than "thousands of dollars". PM me or ticket if serious.

You had a PoP in Tokyo?

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

not had, have.

Part of a product line currently unreleased to the general public.

Thanked by 2sanvit bibi421
  • First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

With your level of knowledge you should avoid doing this yourself.

DDoS mittigation is more than running a couple of servers with anycast.
    Rent a ready2run solution will save you a lot of headache, sleepless nights, providers that kills your servers because they don't want you to use their services just to catch DDoS attacks, money.

Thanked by 1dfroe