Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi KS-2 availability ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi KS-2 availability ?

Hi,

I know a KS-2 is hard to get, but what is the frequency they are getting available currently ?

Any experience ?

Thanks

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

KS-2 was restocked a few days ago, but as usual it was gone quick.

Thanked by 1wlambrechts
  • Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited April 2019

Neoon said: KS-2 was restocked

it's never restocked, at best someone has cancelled/failed to pay for 1 or 2 once a week. Make sure you already have a KS account if you want to beat others at ordering it...

I gave up, got a KS-1 for now (for scraping only), still got a dual core at least. Surprised how well it performs if im honest. I have a KS-9 too and some others else where.

Thanked by 1wlambrechts
  • wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited April 2019

@Adam1 said:

it's never restocked, at best someone has cancelled/failed to pay for 1 or 2 once a week. Make sure you already have a KS account if you want to beat others at ordering it...

I gave up, got a KS-1 for now (for scraping only), still got a dual core at least. Surprised how well it performs if im honest. I have a KS-9 too and some others else

yes, I too have some servers and of course a kimsufi account.

how long did you need to try to get a ks-1 ?

tx

KS-2 was in stock like 2 times in the recent 4 months.
    KS-1 is nearly daily in stock.

Thanked by 1wlambrechts
  • Adam1Adam1 Member

wlambrechts said: how long did you need to try to get a ks-1 ?

they do come up more frequently than KS-2's I've seen them fairly often when monitoring for KS-2's, which come up every few weeks.

KS-2 was in stock like 2 times in the recent 4 months.

I've seen them more than that (approx 8 times in the last few weeks), i wrote a script to poll, but I was too slow to react.

Thanked by 1wlambrechts
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

It appears several times a month, sometimes for 1-2 minutes. Well, there is a standard 2TB drive.

• I think they are generally not transferrable, but I have one (KS-2E at the time I got it) expiring soon that I'm planning to not renew. Not sure if I can be of help by posting the expiration time. OVH suspends unpaid dedis for a week before releasing them, and then there must be some delay in reprovisioning them (wiping disk etc) before putting them back in inventory. So it would be hard to predict the exact availability time. Can't your monitoring script order through the API instead of notifying you to order manually?

• @willie said:
    I think they are generally not transferrable, but I have one (KS-2E at the time I got it) expiring soon that I'm planning to not renew. Not sure if I can be of help by posting the expiration time. OVH suspends unpaid dedis for a week before releasing them, and then there must be some delay in reprovisioning them (wiping disk etc) before putting them back in inventory. So it would be hard to predict the exact availability time. Can't your monitoring script order through the API instead of notifying you to order manually?

AFAIK can be transferred if both accounts are both in the same location. I remember reading someone posting a translated confirmation from OVH support.

• Well, my server is in RBX and I think my account is in IE, but I better check. I have it for a couple more weeks and need to move some files off it, so can't transfer immediately. After that it's up for grabs. This is the server with Atom N2800 and 1x 2TB HDD that you want, right? I definitely want to dump one of those. I may also have the model with 2x2TB to dump but haven't decided yet.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

was that a flash sale offer? 5.99 eur a month

• @willie said:
    Well, my server is in RBX and I think my account is in IE, but I better check. I have it for a couple more weeks and need to move some files off it, so can't transfer immediately. After that it's up for grabs. This is the server with Atom N2800 and 1x 2TB HDD that you want, right? I definitely want to dump one of those. I may also have the model with 2x2TB to dump but haven't decided yet.

Sounds like you went with HH's special offer.

• @Adam1 said:

I gave up, got a KS-1 for now (for scraping only), still got a dual core at least. Surprised how well it performs if im honest. I have a KS-9 too and some others else where.

Ks-9 Canada? Im checking since long time to get one, and i think is not so real :(, @ninzo59 never reply about it.

• ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep

It's in stock for a few minutes about once a month:
    https://serverhunter.com/offer/ovh-ks-2-5/#stock_history :)

• Adam1Adam1 Member

optisoft said: Ks-9 Canada

fr

• poisson said: Sounds like you went with HH's special offer.

Not yet but that is the idea. I guess I better do it quick if I'm going to.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • somebody with some KS9 CA that not use?

• Adam1Adam1 Member

optisoft said: KS9 CA that not use?

should probably open your own thread.

optisoft said: somebody with some KS9 CA that not use?

It has not yet appeared in Canada. This configuration is not available on a large number of servers. After I checkers in the servers added that there 2x240GB SSD they bought them just instantly in France.

• @Vova1234 said:

It has not yet appeared in Canada. This configuration is not available on a large number of servers. After I checkers in the servers added that there 2x240GB SSD they bought them just instantly in France.

Nobody of kimsufi people reply about it. :(

@optisoft said:

@Vova1234 said:

Nobody of kimsufi people reply about it. :(

Because there are several servers in people. I buy servers and other services in OVH every day. If you constantly buy and use, you can notice a lot of bugs. For example, for a whole week, servers and services after the end of the lease are not disconnected.

• If you want to be notified by Emai/SMS(fr)/PushBullet of KS-2 availability you can check this wrbsite : https://kimsufi-notifier.com

• gunixgunix Member

I use https://checkservers.ovh/ website for catch ks-1 server. It shows Intel Atom D425 but they give me Intel Atom N2800.

Speaking of which, the KS2 was in stock today.

Neoon said: Speaking of which, the KS2 was in stock today.

I saw this server at night. He appears for several minutes on a random date. Apparently server failures are automatically resold.