Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New MailChannels Alternative - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New MailChannels Alternative

13»

Comments

• Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep

r> @MechanicWeb said: Why not lift that limitation, and add an option to add a server's primary IP in your system. Only the IPs added in your system will be able to relay through.

Hey, we no longer have the server limitation and have removed it from our systems. However, these products are in beta and thus not actively promoted +1

We're also now using our IP range too, this has been active since the start of the year: https://talosintelligence.com/reputation_center/lookup?search=103.146.113.0/24

@AndreiGhesi said: You said in a message that the price will be lower that MC, but your price is actually higher. I pay at MC $124 for 300k and your price is $136 for 300k.

Based on the MailChannels pricing calculator, 300k emails is about $450 USD per month... Quite a big difference compared to $109 USD ($150 AUD).

Sure, you may not have a console similar to MailChannels (that's been our biggest hurdle), but that's a difference of $4k yearly and you're getting nearly identical or if not better email deliverability compared to MC.

The reason why we left MC in the first place, was because they thought it would be ok to block an entire server if there was an incident rather than blocking that address. None of that BS over here.

To anyone who is interested, please send me a PM and I'll be happy to introduce some options :)

Thanked by 1MechanicWeb
  • Some questions here

1. Can this be used as a replacement for SES/Postmark?
    2. Will message be re-tried from a different IP in case it was bounced due to IP reputation?
    3. Any hints on pricing for smaller volumes (e.g. few hundred~1K/mo)?
    4. Are all emails sent from a single /24?

Thanks!

Can this be used as a replacement for SES/Postmark?

You'll need a active mail server to route emails too. Technically yes, but if you're using SES or PostMark, might be eaiser to leave it as is. We use PostMark and they'e great for transactional based emails.

Will message be re-tried from a different IP in case it was bounced due to IP reputation?

Yes, emails boucned due to IP reputation are resent from another IP.

Any hints on pricing for smaller volumes (e.g. few hundred~1K/mo)?

Not at this time.

Are all emails sent from a single /24?

For most emails, yes, we have a few other ranges being warmed which are being used by a small subset of services.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

@Jamie_DreamIT said: we no longer have the server limitation and have removed it from our systems.

This is a good move. You certainly deserve a thank you for removing this requirement.

If I may suggest, as I know it is another difficult move, is there any plan to white label the IP whois?

DreamIT's services are identical to any hosting provider's and white labeling IP whois might be another good move.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2020

@MechanicWeb said:
    DreamIT's services are identical to any hosting provider's and white labeling IP whois might be another good move.

That’s actually not a good idea. You might think it is, but it isn’t.

Just using a new domain for relay hostnames was a mistake I learned the hard way. Fully white labeling the most deep parts of a mail relay service will not end well. Everything looks pretty until you lose all benefits of their reputation gains by hiding them too well, then one minor spam event has you at the top of someone’s shit list.

@jar , you provide a great service yourself :)

by hiding them too well, then one minor spam event has you at the top of someone’s shit list.

That would be the issue in the beginning, plus changing the company name to a white labeled name in the IP whois.

This is why I said it is difficult, but once things are sorted out, it could be a big advantage and a lucrative feature to attract providers, as none is providing white label of this sort.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Nice to see you Jamie... Been a customer for around 2 years now... Your hosting is great!

Thanked by 1aeqloss
    edited September 2020

@gwnd1989 said:
    Nice to see you Jamie... Been a customer for around 2 years now... Your hosting is great!

Hey. Thanks :)

@MechanicWeb said: If I may suggest, as I know it is another difficult move, is there any plan to white label the IP whois?

The actual hostname uses our generic hostname (hosting-cloud.net), but it's a bit more difficult to completely change WHOIS data as some blacklist providers require 'real' & 'official' correspondence to unlist.

edited September 2020

@Jamie_DreamIT said: it's a bit more difficult to completely change WHOIS data as some blacklist providers require 'real' & 'official' correspondence to unlist.

I do understand that. It would perhaps require you to registering a separate business entity as a sister or a division, or perhaps a dba.

I know a handful of providers do that, but their services are for hosted emails, and SMTP relays are costly to the point it is unrealistic for most hosting providers.

edited September 2020

@MechanicWeb said:
    I know a handful of providers do that, but their services are for hosted emails, and SMTP relays are costly to the point it is unrealistic for most hosting providers.

Yeah for sure. In case it hasnt been mentioned previously, our hosting customers are using our relay (for quite some time as well), which essentially means we use our brand to help push thing's further espically when there are issues.

It's a bit harder to get special attention if you're starting from scratch ;)

Thanked by 1MechanicWeb
  • Is anyone using this service and have any reviews/feedback?

• @lukesUbuntu said:
    Is anyone using this service and have any reviews/feedback?

We run this on one DirectAdmin node for our users.

It's cheap and works great for the price. There was one incident where email wasn't sending. This was back in July. I opened a ticket, 19 minutes later I got a response:

there was a major spam attack that our servers are currently filtering through the queue

It was a beta service at the time, and it was resolved 2 hours later.

Ever since then, the experience has been smooth-sailing. For the fraction of the cost of MailChannels I'd take it.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • Anywhere we can actually try out the product? :-D

• lukesUbuntulukesUbuntu Member
    edited October 2020

@Zerpy said:
    Anywhere we can actually try out the product? :-D

link i am purchasing from is https://mydreamit.com/cart.php?gid=30