Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommended companies for the development of whmcs modules?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommended companies for the development of whmcs modules?

I'm looking for a client, a company that can develop WHMCS modules, with third-party APIs.

Comments

• Try ModulesGarden

• @legalstuff said:
    Try ModulesGarden

Already tried that, they asked me something like $4k

• Seems a reasonable price to me.

• @legalstuff said:
    Seems a reasonable price to me.

The module consist in replicate some functions of a service using their API, $1k is more than enought for me.

• Maybe you should outline your needs before putting a price on a programmers' work.

• Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @TerensM said:

@legalstuff said:
    Seems a reasonable price to me.

The module consist in replicate some functions of a service using their API, $1k is more than enought for me.

There is some work needed $7 is more than enough?

But for what? How much time it will take? What type of service? WUT.

$4k is reasonable price to understand your needs.

• I have a thief in my house please help me

Thanked by 1ralph
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    Thanked by 1BharatB
  • alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited April 2019

He is busy patching Hypervisor.

Also: the next level play code quality

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@alexvolk said:

Idk if you were being serious or sarcastic.

@TerensM is there a deadline and if you could provide a perfect description on what needs to be done and precisely what your budget is, it would be great.

• @BharatB said:

@alexvolk said:

I'm serious, will check up your code when will have a time.

Don't forget that people here helped you to achieve everything you've now so next time don't expect that someone will close eyes for your real experience in programming or anything you've now kid.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@alexvolk said:

@BharatB said:

@alexvolk said:

I'm serious, will check up your code when will have a time.

Don't forget that people here helped you to achieve everything you've now so next time don't expect that someone will close eyes for your real experience in programming or anything you've now kid.

Um it was Andrej here who helped me get to where I am now I'm not giving anyone else credits for what I am today.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

After seeing the replies you will ask the moderator to change the thread title to: Not recommended companies for the development of whmcs modules

Anyways, I think @MikePT & @BharatB can code WHMCS modules.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

@MikeET doesn't come here anymore. It's at the Ballz.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Tr33nTr33n Member

BharatB said: I'm not giving anyone else credits for what I am today.

And what are you today?

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • @BharatB said:

Um it was Andrej here who helped me get to where I am now I'm not giving anyone else credits for what I am today.

OK. I will remind you whenever you'll create new discussion or ask for any help over here.

You're too much low professional nowadays and don't need any help :smiley:

@BlaZe said:
    After seeing the replies you will ask the moderator to change the thread title to: Not recommended companies for the development of whmcs modules

Anyways, I think @MikePT & @BharatB can code WHMCS modules.

Sure, both of them are the next level play coders ^^

• edited May 2019

@TerensM said:
    I'm looking for a client, a company that can develop WHMCS modules, with third-party APIs.

If it is for provisioning, you can get publicly available unencoded working modules and modify them yourself. Two I am aware of are for SolusVM and Vultr. The Vultr module was done by ModulesGarden. So if you asked them to modify their Vultr module for your API, I think the price will be significantly less. If it's a standard Restful API you want to connect to, I think the Vultr module would easy to modify with very little coding skills.

I might consider programming it for you depending on what you want to do. I have connected to several different API's doing various things in WHMCS. I have my own designs for addons and provisioning. I am not using anyone else's. I spent quite a bit of time optimizing the code and API calls so it is as fast as possible.

• edited May 2019

duplicate post

• We have used Modules Garden in the past and found them to be very good with the service and the quality of products they provide

• edited May 2019

@CertaHosting said:
    We have used Modules Garden in the past and found them to be very good with the service and the quality of products they provide

This comment smells a little fishy. I have looked at the code on the Vultr module and it's not very good to be quite honest. Not very clean, looks like several different people have worked on it making for a lot of inconsistencies. The API does not appear to have been optimized at all so it is really slow. I also found several bugs.

• edited May 2019

There is another open source WHMCS provisioning module made by Cloudns. It was recently updated and looks fairly clean on first glance.

• @LosPollosHermanos said:

@CertaHosting said:
    We have used Modules Garden in the past and found them to be very good with the service and the quality of products they provide

This comment smells a little fishy. I have looked at the code on the Vultr module and it's not very good to be quite honest. Not very clean, looks like several different people have worked on it making for a lot of inconsistencies. The API does not appear to have been optimized at all so it is really slow. I also found several bugs.

An important word of clarification we believe is in order. ModulesGarden was commissioned a custom software development at the formal request of Vultr, and delivered the final product in the version 1.7.0 back in April 2018, just as recorded in the official Vultr’s changelog: https://www.vultr.com/docs/vultr-whmcs-module. Since the original project was closed, we have been in no way involved, or supported, either directly or indirectly, any new releases of the Vultr module.

• jhjh Member

We can do it

• edited July 2019

@ModulesGarden said:

@LosPollosHermanos said:

@CertaHosting said:

An important word of clarification we believe is in order. ModulesGarden was commissioned a custom software development at the formal request of Vultr, and delivered the final product in the version 1.7.0 back in April 2018, just as recorded in the official Vultr’s changelog: https://www.vultr.com/docs/vultr-whmcs-module. Since the original project was closed, we have been in no way involved, or supported, either directly or indirectly, any new releases of the Vultr module.

The problems I found were with the core features and actual architecture of the code. It looks like you guys took an old design, that was probably already modified by several different people, and then had new people modify it again.

I am not saying that is a bad thing btw. It gets the job done and that is probably good enough for a lot of people. But when you have people praising the 'quality', I feel obligated to say something about that.

The biggest thing for me was the API not being optimized at all. I think it was making 13+ API calls when it usually only needed to make 2 or 3. Over a WAN connection that was around 40 ms I think it sometimes took 10 seconds or more to load. Had to spend quite a bit of time optimizing that to get it down to 1 second or less.

To be fair, caching is of no use because I believe Vultr API sends a "no-cache" directive for all responses. They also throttle the API to something like 3 responses a second so that probably had a lot to do with the API slow down. It's possible they changed some of those things to their API after the module was tested and delivered.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2019

LosPollosHermanos said: I am not saying that is a bad thing btw. It gets the job done and that is probably good enough for a lot of people. But when you have people praising the 'quality', I feel obligated to say something about that.

It's probably good quality for the price, $4K is nothing when you're probably going to have to go back and forth several times with the client before end product is finalized.

Usually these things are only done on an hourly basis, it's better for both the developer (consistent pay) and the client (developer prioritizes quality over speed). $100/hr to $400/hr for freelancer is typical for short projects, cheaper for longer projects.

• edited July 2019

@perennate said:

LosPollosHermanos said: I am not saying that is a bad thing btw. It gets the job done and that is probably good enough for a lot of people. But when you have people praising the 'quality', I feel obligated to say something about that.

It's probably good quality for the price, $4K is nothing when you're probably going to have to go back and forth several times with the client before end product is finalized.

Usually these things are only done on an hourly basis, it's better for both the developer (consistent pay) and the client (developer prioritizes quality over speed). $100/hr to $400/hr for freelancer is typical for short projects, cheaper for longer projects.

So we both agree that you get what you pay for. A lot of these India based (?) outfits seem be more about pumping this stuff out as quick as they can. Quality and doing it right does not seem to be as much of a priority with them. It just needs to work. And that's probably good enough for a lot of people.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

We do work with a programmer that develops excellent WHMCS modules :), just seen the mentions here guys, thank you!