Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone try/use Gridpane.com for Wordpress Hosting? Similar to Runcloud
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone try/use Gridpane.com for Wordpress Hosting? Similar to Runcloud

Hi all,

When searching for a stack to run Wordpress I was considering runcloud.io, but I have also found gridpane.com

Does anyone here have used them? What do you think?

Thanks

Comments

• mlcmlc Member

the first time I heard about those :/

• More players are coming, some team is developing similar but docker based solution.

• Never heard of them.

• Going to check it out, so far I have been paying for runcloud and happy with it. I love the fact referrals help me make some side $$ and add days to my subscription. Not free for me still, I prob end up paying for 9/12 months a year.

• Wow, gripane meets my needs for free. But, I intend to use more than wordpress on my 2+ idling servers, so.. sticking with runcloud.

• This is the first time I've heard about gridpane. Their price is too expensive.
    And right now I am very satisfied with RunCloud ;)

• nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited April 2019

@huntercop said:
    Wow, gripane meets my needs for free. But, I intend to use more than wordpress on my 2+ idling servers, so.. sticking with runcloud.

Yes the Free plan seems good. The only thing that I need and is missing is the automated Firewall config, but that I can easily setup with UFW.

• @nqservices said:

@huntercop said:
    Wow, gripane meets my needs for free. But, I intend to use more than wordpress on my 2+ idling servers, so.. sticking with runcloud.

Yes the Free plan seems good. The only thing that I need and is missing is the automated Firewall config, but that I can easily setup with UFW.

True, but when you are using a service, it's nice to have things like this automated for you as well.

• I've been using for 2 weeks on Vultr $5 VPS. so far its good and fast.

• Happy to answer anyone's questions about GridPane.

We've been on the market for about 18 months, growing entirely by word of mouth. We now have hundreds of users in nearly 40 countries.

Most of our reviews and interaction can be found in the WordPress Hosting FB group.

You can also reach out to us directly via live chat. Presales questions get prioritized behind the active support needs of our paying users. But we try to answer everything as quickly as possible.

Cheers.

• @huntercop said:

Free tier appears to be gone. How something like this at $30 ++ or more per month is better than squarespace I will never understand. I understand these are 2 diff products but the end result is the same.

Am I the only one thinks this feels like about a $1 per domain service per month?

• vyas11vyas11 Member

Wonder how do they fare/compare to easy engine or similar options? Or Kinsta types...