Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help to identify network problem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help to identify network problem

NANONANO Member
edited April 2019 in Help

Hi guys, Im running my website (is in maintenance mode for public, because Im using new web platform and will relaunch it as soon as all the problems are fixed) on dedicated Ubuntu 18.04 with

Dual Intel Xeon X5650
• 80Gbps / 60mpps DDoS Protection
• 33TB transfer (Unmetered Available) @ 1Gbps
• 12 Cores @ 2.66Ghz (24 virtual cores)
• 64GB DDR3 Ram
• 120GB SDD HDD

from datawagon

Problem now is my website home is loading in almost 15 seconds using my stock web platform, and I already ran like 15 tests install on VPS`s all over the world with the same stock platform and the results are a home loading in 1 or max 3 seconds...

Can anyone help me to identify the exactly problem? I already sent a ticket to datawagon but Im waiting for them. I need to fix this asap because my site has already like 6 days downtime because of all this troubles, I thought was my platform install but isnt (like 4 server format, many web platform reinstalls, tests, configs and more)

• Server is in Colorado, USA
  • Me and 99% of my users live in Chile
  • DNS is provided by he.net
  • Server load is 0.04

I cannot put my IP or website here but if anyone can help me can ask me for details on PM!

Thanks

Comments

• Your shit sucks. hope that helps.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2019

So much information is missing from your post that it makes it almost impossible to help you.

A. How are you testing load time
    B. Where are you testing load time from
    C. What is your latency from the test location to the server (mtr/traceroute)
    D. What actual web stack are you running: nginx, apache, redis, elasticsearch, memcached, mariadb, hhvm, php-fpm, litespeed?
    E. What languages is the site: php, ruby, java (coldfusion, tomcat, atlassian products), node.js, etc.
    F. Are all services running on bare metal, in separate vms, or in openvz containers or in cagefs, etc
    G. Are you running any panels: cPanel, Plesk, Webmin, VestaCP, Direct Admin, etc?
    H. Have you tuned your database servers, if you are using database servers?
    I. Have you tuned network sysctl settings to make sure they are correct for the network adapter your using and your connection?
    J. Are you using the correct mtu settings?
    K. Have you tried putting the data into a tmpfs ram volume so see if your bottleneck is disk related?
    L. What kind of caching are you using, are you using any caching? (fastcgi cache, nginx cache, varnish, etc)
    M. Are you using any load balancing mechanisms? (HaProxy, nginx, railgun, etc?)

If you feel like actually providing us enough information, I am sure a few of us could take some guesses and at least suggest where to look?

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1NANO
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Make sure you are not using a remote database or some other remote service. Since your server load is 0.04 it is very likely there is some remote resource taking too much time to respond.

Thanked by 1NANO