Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Colo] Wanted West Coast of Florida
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Colo] Wanted West Coast of Florida

Looking for a colocation on the West coast of florida. From Orlando down to Port Charlotte. Tampa/Bradenton preferred.

Half rack or more, solid redundant power, 1gbps connection preferred.

Looking for good deals or able to split with others if possible.

Comments

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep
  • oooo boy that won't be cheap at that place. Hopefully they won't pull Peak10 pricing...

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

When you change your mind and want a half rack in The Netherlands - get in touch with me and I will give you a great deal.

• Are you willing to fly all my servers out for free @VPSSLIM ?

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited April 2019

https://www.datacentermap.com/usa/florida/

Tons of options for you listed there in the requested regions...

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

@Churchill said:
    Are you willing to fly all my servers out for free @VPSSLIM ?

I would if I had my own private jet. How many servers are there? You have several options, one is flying them over via Fedex or via Freight (cargo). We can help you with finding the right cargo/shipping company. We will mount the servers for free in the half rack, or you can buy your servers locally here and ship them to us... that will be cheaper shipping-cost wise.

• @VPSSLIM thank you but i'll have to pass.

@SmartHost Already looked at most of these, looking for alternatives as well. I have time and exploring my options.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Bandwidth is expensive in FL. but good deals can be found. Can you provide more details about what you project/company is?

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited April 2019

Hivelocity, WOW Business, 365 Datacenters, HostDime, and there's a few others in the area.

• @KuJoe Mostly docker containers with devops focus and an offsite storage repository for my 3/2/1 replication.

Gigabit would be great but not necessary. I don't want to pay per GB up/down.

• @MikeSpears I have RFP out for all of those already.

Also, if willing to stretch out a little further, GoRack in Jacksonville has been wonderful for us.

• @SmartHost that's a bit too far outside of my 2hour support window.

• I've only got one company to come back with a quote, the rest are silent. How bizzare.

@Churchill said:
    I've only got one company to come back with a quote, the rest are silent. How bizzare.

Time to build your own DC in that market then! :-)

• @SmartHost said:

@Churchill said:
    I've only got one company to come back with a quote, the rest are silent. How bizzare.

Time to build your own DC in that market then! :-)

I don't have anywhere near the capital to start that conversation.

• Texas is west of Florida, FWIW.

@Letzien said:
    Texas is west of Florida, FWIW.

He's not collecting hurricane zones! :-)

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2019

SmartHost said: He's not collecting hurricane zones! :-)

Why not? I heard there are blow out deals to be had...

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Churchill said:

Did you call or e-mail for a quote? In my experience with Tampa data centers I always got much better pricing over the phone than I did via e-mail/ticket. If you need help getting in touch with somebody at Hivelocity let me know.